FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

From all in to nothing because of someone in the corner? Hmmm.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Something tells me if Pettis won, you would have had your life savings on it...
    Yeah right from all in $1200 to not even $50 on it.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Something tells me if Pettis won, you would have had your life savings on it...

Manage you bankroll correctly. "All in" plays will get you no where.
    How does that make sense?

It didn't seem like a "sure thing" to me anymore with Guida having Greg Jackson in his corner. I didn't make any plays for TUF Finale. It looks like I made a smart decision, because it looks like nobody was successful last night with their parlays, and board bets.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Guida has had Jackson in his corner for years?!

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Guida has had Jackson in his corner for years?!
    Guida didn't even have Greg Jackson in his fight against kenny florian.

I think Guida has been fighting with Jackson since UFC 125, but I never knew he was with him. I was expecting the fight to be a lot like Kenny Florian V. Guida, but once I did a little research I pulled out.

I'll probably be placing a parlay (first bet) for ufc 131, and bet the board on a couple of other fights (feeling good about einemo).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Guida didn't even have Greg Jackson in his fight against kenny florian.

I think Guida has been fighting with Jackson since UFC 125, but I never knew he was with him. I was expecting the fight to be a lot like Kenny Florian V. Guida, but once I did a little research I pulled out.

I'll probably be placing a parlay (first bet) for ufc 131, and bet the board on a couple of other fights (feeling good about einemo).
    Since 125?! Jackson was definitely in Guida's corner for the Florian fight, I remember the talk about it being Zahabi vs Jackson and not liking it because they are friends. So he was in his corner for 3 fights (Florian, Gugerty and Dos Anjos) before the 125 fight against Gomi!

mrtomk
    mrtomk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 771

This is just embarrassing now, take the loss like a man.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by mrtomk View Post
    This is just embarrassing now, take the loss like a man.
    lol my pick was wrong, but I didn't have any wager on the fight.

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

great thread bro

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post
    great thread bro

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I was successful last night, the play was Jorgenson + Stephens. Not exactly the best odds, but I look for almost sure wins, not value.

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by gogogadget View Post
    great thread bro
    Name:  demotivation_us_Cool-story-bro-_130246830074.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  11.8 KB

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Guida is not going to take that man down, if he does, Pettis will spend an approximate 5 seconds, before he gets back up, causing no points, due to no damage done on the ground. Guida is gonna get hit by a sweet kick to the chops, and take a tumble, and catch a sweet sub, or tko.

If you see the fight any other way, you are mistaken, and should watch a few Pettis fights.
    Guida has never faced a good kick boxer, Pettis is going to be looking to set things up. Pettis has awesome sweeps, a great triangle, and evolving submissions from the ground. I think that Pettis is in great condition also. Everyone is saying "Oh guida is explosive"... And? Pettis has amazing conditioning, he has just came out of a five-round fight, and was fighting as if it was the first round in the fifth.

On a psychological point, Pettis, in his mind, loosing is not an option. He didn't even get his belt, and now he has to fight a contender just to be able to fight for it? There is no way in hell he is loosing against Guida. Pettis has the emotional, psychological, and physical edge over Guida. Not to mention he out classes Guida in every aspect, in my opinion.
    Your MMA handycapping skills need some work son. Pettis was on his back a ton.

Maybe test your skills for a few months with a fake bankroll. See how you do.

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

great fight tho

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Sounds like he already has the fake bankroll thing sorted.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Yeah I was so sure Pettis would have won... Haha I'm so glad I didn't bet. I think I'm going to do a few light parlays and see how those go, just to make fights interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I like how everyone is mad that I didn't bet? You guys lost a lot of money last night, and I guess misery loves company.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah I was so sure Pettis would have won... Haha I'm so glad I didn't bet. I think I'm going to do a few light parlays and see how those go, just to make fights interesting for me.

I like how everyone is mad that I didn't bet? You guys lost a lot of money last night, and I guess misery loves company.
    Just finding some of the witty responses funny that's all brah!

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

You really don't get it so let me explain what you did.

1. Make a thread saying you are going to make a large bet on a fighter
    2. Not respond to the thread by fight time stating if you made the bet or not
    3. Come on after the fight saying that you laid off said bet after it was a loss
    4. If said fighter would have won you would have been boasting about how you were such a good capper

so this leads us to one of two conclusions

1. You made the bet, lost, and refuse to lose and internet cred (of which you have none)
    or
    2. You have no money, don't make any bets, and were just acting like a bit of a troll

thanks for your time and please don't start any more threads.
    Last edited by FlashinLeather; 06-06-11 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling fail...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ladle

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

^^^ This is pretty accurate I would say.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

ha, but he missed the part about how everybody loves when somebody else has to eat cow sized crow.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post

3. Come on after the fight saying that you laid off said bet after it was a loss
    4. If said fighter would have won you would have been boasting about how you were such a good capper

1. You made the bet, lost, and refuse to lose and internet cred (of which you have none)
    or
    2. You have no money, don't make any bets, and were just acting like a bit of a troll

I have money, I have never made bets, and I was considering making the bet, but I pussed out when I realized Guida has Greg Jackson's training and strategy in his corner. Jackson does amazing work with wrestlers, and currently has two champions in his corner.

I made a shitty call, and I feel like an idiot for being so "sure" that Guida was going to lose, and there was "no way" Guida would win, or hold him down that entire fight.

I'm glad I didn't do the bet, because I would have lost.

On the "I have no money" comment, I'm 18 years old in college, I don't have a lot of money, and I am interested into getting into sportbooks online.

After seeing that if I would have bet 1200, I am going to do a lot of money management, and now I understand that UFC fights are a lot harder to predict that other sporting events. Atleast for me.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have money, I have never made bets, and I was considering making the bet, but I pussed out when I realized Guida has Greg Jackson's training and strategy in his corner. Jackson does amazing work with wrestlers, and currently has two champions in his corner.

I made a shitty call, and I feel like an idiot for being so "sure" that Guida was going to lose, and there was "no way" Guida would win, or hold him down that entire fight.

On the "I have no money" comment, I'm 18 years old in college, I don't have a lot of money, and I am interested into getting into sportbooks online.

After seeing that if I would have bet 1200, I am going to do a lot of money management, and now I understand that UFC fights are a lot harder to predict that other sporting events. Atleast for me.
    I think FlashinLeather's point still stands. Two things give me reason to believe that you're not being honest: 1) you were adamant that Pettis was going to mop the floor with Guida and showed no sign of wavering on that opinion before fight time. 2) You didn't confirm whether or not you placed the bet. If Pettis had won, you'd have probably been straight back in this thread gloating about what an awesome call you made.

Even if that isn't the case, it's definitely the impression everyone here is getting. And with good reason.

Don't try to play us for fools, bro.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

So why would you bet on MMA then? Go make the money on the other sporting events that are much easier for you to predict.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad Pettis showed up for Guida's Takedown clinique!!! OUCH

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

hahaha I didn't bet.

I pulled out of all thoughts about betting once I heard Greg Jackson was in Guida's corner.

I wont ever bet against Jackson. That's one of my bug-a-boos.
    You were considering a $1200 bet and didn't even know Guida was a Greg Jackson fighter... lol, sure

Welcome to 2009:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-188595

When you find out about Brock Lesnar's first bout of diverticulitis, it might blow your mind.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Many of us made the wrong calls on Pettis. Hell, I thought this was going to be a decision win for him... but Guida had a solid gameplan (expected) and made the most of his wrestling and control throughout the bout. It was frustrating as hell to watch for those of us that had money on it.... but when you make a wrong call, own up to it. Luckily I made out even b/c I had a good chunk on fight goes to a decision.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post

or

Thread over.

First 123