Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    No one's big on Brian Stann over Jorge Santiago? Santiago has been KO'd in his career by a current featherweight. He also was recently KO'ed by a guy on his back throwing a hammerfist. He also was brutally KO'ed a couple times in his initial UFC stint. Stann just cracked Leben's jaw. His size is gonna be very hard to Santiago to work. Stann looks like an enormous MW. Massenzio, a pretty good wrestler, had a great deal of trouble getting Stann down. Just don't think Santiago can win this one.

I'm big on Browne over Struve myself too. Struve is ALWAYs getting his asskicked, but turns it around. He won't be able to survive a Browne beatdown.
    I've already put 6 units on Stann at the +110 opener but Santiago is no joke, could def take this.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by bigjah15 View Post
    I am rooting for struve, hes a fellow giant like me, gotta keep it in the giant clan!

struve gets dissed about as much as any fighter i can remember,lol...the guy just turned 23 and has a full skillset....already has 25 fights......

if he worked on his takedown defense (and defense in general)used his length more to his advantage(and put on a little muscle),he could become a real tough out down the road...

he`s exciting....he`s not a quitter and is dangerous every second he`s in there...

i like the guy....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 04-19-11 at 07:09 PM.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol i love struve. he might not be a future champ but hes going to be a serious player in the future. young and very talented. great subs and solid striking.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one's big on Brian Stann over Jorge Santiago? Santiago has been KO'd in his career by a current featherweight. He also was recently KO'ed by a guy on his back throwing a hammerfist. He also was brutally KO'ed a couple times in his initial UFC stint. Stann just cracked Leben's jaw. His size is gonna be very hard to Santiago to work. Stann looks like an enormous MW. Massenzio, a pretty good wrestler, had a great deal of trouble getting Stann down. Just don't think Santiago can win this one.
    If Stann connects with a power shot akin to the ones he smashed Leben with, it'll definitely short-circuit Santiago's feeble chin.

That said, Santiago's skill set is vastly superior, and he'll probably win this fight if he can avoid getting cracked. I'll be betting on Santiago to win and hedging it with Stann by knockout/Stann KO of the night (or maybe the other way around if the odds represent enough value).

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I like stann as well

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Stefan Struve = Semmy Schilt

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    I was playing as Struve in UFC Undisputed's Title Mode the other day, and I knocked all of my opponents out. In my mind, I pretended that he was Semmy Schilt.

I'm so cool.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I'm feeling confident with gsp, henderson, story, carwin and barnett. This parlay will get you 10.5 to 1

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    I'm feeling confident with gsp, henderson, story, carwin and barnett. This parlay will get you 10.5 to 1
    That's a brave parlay... Benderson and Story are awesome, but one of them will most likely lose here.
    I think I'd rather roll with GSP, Carwin, and Barnett for the best shot.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 04-19-11 at 09:07 PM.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Dominick Cruz is probably my favorite bet out of the lines currently released.

Also really like..

Dunham
    Wiman
    Thiago Alves
    Jorge Santiago
    Bocek

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Dominick Cruz is probably my favorite bet out of the lines currently released.

Also really like..

Dunham
    Wiman
    Thiago Alves
    Jorge Santiago
    Bocek
    Yeah agree with most of them, GSot seems good stylistically for Dunham, Dunham has better wrestling, the BJJ to avoid gettin subbed, better cardio and GSot doesnt have the KO threat that Guillard had AND Dunham is in a must win situation.

Already explained why I like Wiman, Siver is favourite because he pulled of a surprising win agaisnt GSot but Wiman is completely different fighter to Sotiropolous and has the wrestling ability and tenacity to take Siver down.

Keep going back and forth with Bocek/Bendo. Originally liked Henderson because Bocek tends to struggle with aggressive pace setters but then I remember the Jim Miller fight and how I thought Bocek actually won tht...if he performs like he did against Miller then this is his fight.

Ladle

Already explained why I like Wiman, Siver is favourite because he pulled of a surprising win agaisnt GSot but Wiman is completely different fighter to Sotiropolous and has the wrestling ability and tenacity to take Siver down.
    Yup, I was big on Wiman at +135. His only legitimate loss in the last four years is to Jim Miller; he was ripped off against Sam Stout and has pretty much aced everything else.

As for the Sotiropoulos fight, George was forced to stand with Siver and get clobbered because his takedown offense is woefully deficient. Wiman is a much better wrestler than Sotiropoulos, has a much better chin and therefore - stylistically - represents a tougher test.

Keep going back and forth with Bocek/Bendo. Originally liked Henderson because Bocek tends to struggle with aggressive pace setters but then I remember the Jim Miller fight and how I thought Bocek actually won tht...if he performs like he did against Miller then this is his fight.
    Re-watch the Bocek/Danzig fight. You'll never want to bet on Bocek again.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Yup, I was big on Wiman at +135. His only legitimate loss in the last four years is to Jim Miller; he was ripped off against Sam Stout and has pretty much aced everything else.

As for the Sotiropoulos fight, George was forced to stand with Siver and get clobbered because his takedown offense is woefully deficient. Wiman is a much better wrestler than Sotiropoulos, has a much better chin and therefore - stylistically - represents a tougher test.

Re-watch the Bocek/Danzig fight. You'll never want to bet on Bocek again.
    ha yeah it's not great but he's improved since then, especially his cardio and wrestling and I was big on him against Hazelett wen he was underdog in tht one which turned out well! Think I'll resist taking him in this one tho, another fight I expect to go to decision tho.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha yeah it's not great but he's improved since then, especially his cardio and wrestling and I was big on him against Hazelett wen he was underdog in tht one which turned out well! Think I'll resist taking him in this one tho, another fight I expect to go to decision tho.
    Truth be told, I also bet on him to beat Hazelett, just because he was fighting a guy who had no noteworthy skills outside of jiu-jitsu. Very favourable match-up.

I'm definitely staying away from this one though. Bocek is too unpredictable for my liking; the fact he got whooped by Danzig yet styled on Miller makes it difficult to assess how good he truly is. I suppose the recent fights are more indicative of his current form, but I'm just not sold on him yet. Maybe I'll think differently after April 30th.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Truth be told, I also bet on him to beat Hazelett, just because he was fighting a guy who had no noteworthy skills outside of jiu-jitsu. Very favourable match-up.

I'm definitely staying away from this one though. Bocek is too unpredictable for my liking; the fact he got whooped by Danzig yet styled on Miller makes it difficult to assess how good he truly is. I suppose the recent fights are more indicative of his current form, but I'm just not sold on him yet. Maybe I'll think differently after April 30th.
    Yeah I think this one oozes unpredictability! Hendo is the same, like with his submission defence...is he really good at avoiding gettin submitted or were the likes of Cerrone just not clinical enough?

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah I think this one oozes unpredictability! Hendo is the same, like with his submission defence...is he really good at avoiding gettin submitted or were the likes of Cerrone just not clinical enough?
    That's the question! I'm actually really looking forward to this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

That's the question! I'm actually really looking forward to this fight.
    Yeah could contend with Diaz/Macdonald for FOTN if there's a good mix of striking and grappling.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    he may look like semmy but he wont ever have his stand up!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post

he may look like semmy but he wont ever have his stand up!
    Too bad for Struve and Schilt were talking about MMA instead of K-1.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Henderson comes in with a grappling disadvatage, il guess that is a fact, also highlighted when in my opinion bocek beat jim miller, and easily took down hazelett and submitted him in the first round, how does this fight play out in your head?

First 123