bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Just re-watched Morecraft-Struve
    http://mmafightcentral.blogspot.com/...christian.html

I forgot how much of a beaten Struve took in that first round. A bit of trivia most do not know is Struve accidentally threw his lower lip into the crowd at the end of the fight instead of his mouth guard.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I just think you have to suck major rooster as a fighter to lose to Stefan Struve. Perhaps that's dismissive of the beatdown he put on Struve. We'll see tonight though how Morecraft does.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post
    Straight (units)

Lentz - .5 to win .575

Kongo - 27.5 to win 15

Morecraft - 7.5 to win 15.2

Props (units)

Howard vs Brown (Completes 2 Full Rounds) - .5 to win .7

Mitrione vs Morecraft (Morecraft wins by 3 round decision) - .5 to win 2.75

Kongo vs Barry (Kongo wins by 3 round decision) - 2.5 to win 6.9
    Kongo vs Barry (Completes 1 Full Round) - 2 to win .55

Story vs Marquardt (Story wins by 3 round decision) - 2.5 to win 3.5
    Story vs Marquardt (Completes 1 Full Round ) - 2 to win .55

Parlays (units)

Story, Kongo, Howard, Morecraft - 2 to win ??

Story, Kongo, Morecraft, Bader, Guillard - 2.5 to win ??

Kongo, Howard, Morecraft, Condit, Wiiman, Guillard - 1.1 to win 21.9

Added..

Kongo by 3 round decision - 4 to win 11
    Morecraft by 3 round decision - .5 to win 2.8

Thewiseman
    Thewiseman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brenneman UD .06u to .5u

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

wiseman where did you get that line on charlie

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Id say lentz backers are pretty pissed. I would be

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I bet on Oliveira and am curious to see how books are going to grade this. Are they going to wait until the commission makes a decision or are they just going to grade it a Oliveira win? The commission I could see either ruling it a DQ loss for Oliveira or a NC....will be interesting to see. He was dominating the fight with or without that illegal knee and it was only a matter of time

Thewiseman
    Thewiseman's Avatar Become A Pro!

+5.7u, so mad, though I came close to pulling the trigger on live betting on Brenneman and Brown. BTW I am now up to a 15u bankroll, double up since I cashed out in April

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

lol everyone thought Kongo/Barry was a joke main event and it turns into a classic finish. Imagine Story laying on top of Marquardt for 3 rounds. Just shows how the main event usually defines how good people feel for the overall card

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

that was one heck of a card last night

koscheckbaby

I have this attitude in my head that Stefan Struve completely sucks and anyone that lost to the guy is instant fade material. Think about it....

-Struve submits Chase Gormley. Next fight for Gormley, Schaub TKOs him in under a minute
    -Buentello loses a close decision to Struve. Next fight, Paul gets destroyed by Kongo. Months later, Tim Sylvia destroys Buentello
    -Struve beats Morecraft and McCorkle. These two fight and have a complete shitfest where McCorkle looks like a complete can. No striking, no game off his back, no heart. Still took Morecraft almost 2 full rounds to finish the easy win. Next for Christian, he gets his shit pushed in against Mitrione.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by DrSize View Post
    I bet on Oliveira and am curious to see how books are going to grade this. Are they going to wait until the commission makes a decision or are they just going to grade it a Oliveira win? The commission I could see either ruling it a DQ loss for Oliveira or a NC....will be interesting to see. He was dominating the fight with or without that illegal knee and it was only a matter of time
    No reputable book will reverse your wager, either way. The ref missed the knee and it officially went down as a submission. Commission will just make it a No Contest. Affects the fighters' records, not the gambler.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    I have this attitude in my head that Stefan Struve completely sucks and anyone that lost to the guy is instant fade material. Think about it....

-Struve submits Chase Gormley. Next fight for Gormley, Schaub TKOs him in under a minute
    -Buentello loses a close decision to Struve. Next fight, Paul gets destroyed by Kongo. Months later, Tim Sylvia destroys Buentello
    -Struve beats Morecraft and McCorkle. These two fight and have a complete shitfest where McCorkle looks like a complete can. No striking, no game off his back, no heart. Still took Morecraft almost 2 full rounds to finish the easy win. Next for Christian, he gets his shit pushed in against Mitrione.
    Interesting observation. There's no way that Travis Browne is losing to Rob Broughton though.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Interesting observation. There's no way that Travis Browne is losing to Rob Broughton though.
    Oh certainly. Browne doesn't apply, since he didn't lose to Struve. I mean, anyone that loses to Struve has to be pretty shitty.

Ladle

Oh certainly. Browne doesn't apply, since he didn't lose to Struve. I mean, anyone that loses to Struve has to be pretty shitty.
    Hah, my bad! For some reason I included Browne in that category, as if anyone who fights Struve is somehow destined for failure, regardless of whether or not they beat him.

koscheckbaby

I have also made the argument that losing to Bisping, particularly being finished by Bisping, means you must suck too. Pretty much every Bisping finish win has been cut or should be cut(Rivera). Josh Haynes, Eric Schafer, Elvis Sinosic, Charles McCarthy, Jason Day, Denis Kang, Jorge Rivera. All finished by Bisping and all out of the UFC, except for Jorge, who stays around through sheer ease of opposition.

I ******* hate how highly Bisping thinks of himself. Does he ever realize the relative ease of opposition he's enjoyed? I would argue the timing of getting Dan Miller and Yoshiro Akiyama is some of the biggest babying a fighter has received. Miller got merked standing by Demian Maia in his previous fight and Akiyama gassed to hell and got subbed by Chris Leben. Those results don't warrant a matchup with someone that is paid so much and hyped.
    Last edited by koscheckbaby; 06-28-11 at 07:20 AM.

Ladle

I have also made the argument that losing to Bisping, particularly being finished by Bisping, means you must suck too. Pretty much every Bisping finish win has been cut or should be cut(Rivera). Josh Haynes, Eric Schafer, Elvis Sinosic, Charles McCarthy, Jason Day, Denis Kang, Jorge Rivera. All finished by Bisping and all out of the UFC, except for Jorge, who stays around through sheer ease of opposition.

I ******* hate how highly Bisping thinks of himself. Does he ever realize the relative ease of opposition he's enjoyed? I would argue the timing of getting Dan Miller and Yoshiro Akiyama is some of the biggest babying a fighter has received. Miller got merked standing by Demian Maia in his previous fight and Akiyama gassed to hell and got subbed by Chris Leben. Those results don't warrant a matchup with someone that is paid so much and hyped.
    Yup. The guys he beat at light heavyweight weren't much chop, and his success at middleweight is mostly a result of its complete lack of depth outside of the top 10. I think we'll see him fall every time against high tier middleweights; he's essentially a gatekeeper to the stars.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Yup. The guys he beat at light heavyweight weren't much chop, and his success at middleweight is mostly a result of its complete lack of depth outside of the top 10. I think we'll see him fall every time against high tier middleweights; he's essentially a gatekeeper to the stars.
    Yet, if you asked him, he thinks he's an uncrowned champion.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Whoa whoa, I'm all for the Struve hate, but I don't get the bisping hate.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Whoa whoa, I'm all for the Struve hate, but I don't get the bisping hate.
    The guy is an enormous egomaniac. It's also extremely unfair to all the other fighters that Bisping is the second highest paid fighter, simply because he's British and they want to hype him. He's also had plenty of easy fights and fights that didn't make sense to build him up. He's gonna be the coach of TUF 2 freaking times? Can you name a worse fighter than Bisping that has gotten to coach TUF once, let alone twice?

Does anyone else find it laughable that Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin, two former champions and arguable legends, actually fought each other for the RIGHT to fight Michael Bisping?

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Can you name a worse fighter than Bisping that has gotten to coach TUF once, let alone twice?
    Tito Ortiz, Jens Pulver.

Yes I'm hating on legends, but you're lying to yourself if you think they're better fighters than Bisping.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Tito Ortiz, Jens Pulver. Yes I'm hating on legends, but you're lying to yourself if you think they're better fighters than Bisping.
    In their primes, of course they were better. They earned the right for being previous champions, not because of being British.

And most certainly Tito could have beaten Bisping up until very recently. Bisping is good at scrambling to his feet, but he's easy to take down. Tito had awesome top control and would have been able to outmuscle him.

First ... 3456