• Manny Gamburyan vs. Tyson Griffin
    • Matt Mitrione vs. Christian Morecraft
    • Joe Lauzon vs. Curt Warburton
    • Joe Stevenson vs. Javier Vazquez
    • Edward Faaloloto vs. Michael Johnson

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

This is turning into a very exciting free card. Hopefully most of the undercards will be on Facebook because I want to see all of them.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I'm excited that you're excited.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Marquardt at ww is going to be a beast. Cant see him dropping down to 170 at all. He already was a pretty big mw.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

wow Nate Marquardt at WW, moving down in weight is the trend now. Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Tyson Griffin all moving down to Featherweight. Jones looked a divison higher than Rua. Your gonna have to be big to compete now

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

I'm liking Nate and Kampmann. What do you guys think the lines on these 2 fights will be?

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 99Boxster View Post
    I'm liking Nate and Kampmann. What do you guys think the lines on these 2 fights will be?
    Agreed. Marquardt will do to Johnson exactly what Koscheck did. As for Kampmann, I think he absolutely handles Howard. With the exception of the Daniel Roberts fight, Doomsday hasn't deserved to win any of his UFC bouts.

I expect Marquardt to come out undervalued at about -170. Kampmann will probably be in the -200 range.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I'm very excited! Can't wait.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Kongo, Griffin, Mitrione, Lauzon, and Vasquez look like winners. Who knows though? Definitely an exciting card

Not sure I'd trust Kampmann or Nate here. Who knows how Nate looks at 170 for his first cut. Kampmann can dominate a fight and still lose the decision.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'm a little worried about Marquardt's cut to 170 and his struggle against strong wrestlers. I don't think I can throw down on him against AJ unless he is a marginal favorite at around -150 or so (unlikely). Rumble may be able to get him down and control him for a couple rounds. I simply cannot bet on Kampmann anymore b/c the judges hate him.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I'm a little worried about Marquardt's cut to 170 and his struggle against strong wrestlers. I don't think I can throw down on him against AJ unless he is a marginal favorite at around -150 or so (unlikely). Rumble may be able to get him down and control him for a couple rounds. I simply cannot bet on Kampmann anymore b/c the judges hate him.
    If Marquardt takes Johnson down just one time, there's a good chance it's over. Johnson showed absolutely zero guard instincts when he fought Clementi in 2007, and hadn't improved a scintilla in that regard when he took on Koscheck two years later. Basically, if he gets put on his back, he's probably getting tapped.

Also, as I've said many times before, Johnson is very susceptible to single leg takedowns because of his size and stance.

Who knows how Nate looks at 170 for his first cut.
    He doesn't need to look great to take Johnson down, pass his guard and submit him.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

I don't know Ladle. Marquardt definitely has his inconsistencies... and as of late he hasn't really shown much drive out there. I think he'll win the fight, but I expect the juice to be a little too high considering the risk.

Ladle

I don't know Ladle. Marquardt definitely has his inconsistencies... and as of late he hasn't really shown much drive out there. I think he'll win the fight, but I expect the juice to be a little too high considering the risk.
    I agree that he's not the most consistent of fighters, but I do believe he's robust enough to beat Johnson, simply from a stylistic perspective. I expect Marquardt to follow the blueprint which Koshceck provided on how to beat Johnson: grab a leg, run him into the fence, and get him down. Then it's pretty easy going from there.
    Last edited by Ladle; 04-14-11 at 01:13 PM.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

It's a good point that if Nate gets Rumble down, it may be over. But will Nate's wrestling be good enough? Koscheck had to work to get Rumble down. I'll probably just avoid this.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Nate has a tendency to underperform. That and the weight cut. Id be hard pressed to bet Marquardt. Rumbles no joke.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    If Marquardt takes Johnson down just one time, there's a good chance it's over. Johnson showed absolutely zero guard instincts when he fought Clementi in 2007, and hadn't improved a scintilla in that regard when he took on Koscheck two years later. Basically, if he gets put on his back, he's probably getting tapped.

Also, as I've said many times before, Johnson is very susceptible to single leg takedowns because of his size and stance.

He doesn't need to look great to take Johnson down, pass his guard and submit him.
    Yeah could even see Marquardt slappin on a guillotine if AJ attempts a takedown like he did on Okami and Sonnen.

Still cant envisage Marquardt at welterweight...dude is a HUGE! Quite ironic that he is probly goin down to welterweight so that he will have a big size advantage yet the first fight he is given is against the biggest WW in the division...another dude who cuts from over 205!

Ladle

Still cant envisage Marquardt at welterweight...dude is a HUGE!
    Yeah, it's a little absurd. When I first saw him, I was shocked that he fought at middleweight.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Why would Nate take that fight as his first at WW? You'd think they would give him someone he can monster.

The HOFF

After two years away from the organization and a subsequent four-fight win streak, lightweight Matt Grice is returning to the UFC and dropping to featherweight.

Officials today announced he'll fight fellow 145-pounder Ricardo Lamas at UFC on Versus 4.

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Kongo will be a tough fight to predict... you never know which one will show up.. Hopefully the good one cause im sure Barry is lookin for the kill

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I like Kongo for that fight especially now that he shows a willingness to use his size and strength to take guys down.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Kongo all day at -200 or better.
    I'd make a play on Barry if he ended up at +200 though.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Kongo all day at -200 or better.
    I'd make a play on Barry if he ended up at +200 though.
    Damn I'd have to feel stronger on a side than that to bet my money.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

gamburyan vs griffin... hopefully they knock each out at the same time. can't stand either fighter.

The HOFF

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    The value is with Marquardt at those odds.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

I was hoping AJ would open at around +190 here.
    I definitely see more value in Marquardt right now also, but I expect him to end up at around -225 or so.

Ladle

I was hoping AJ would open at around +190 here.
    I definitely see more value in Marquardt right now also, but I expect him to end up at around -225 or so.
    I think he'll be swimming around -195 until the weigh-ins. If he makes weight and looks good, then I expect the line to go south of -200.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

i'd consider a play on Johnson, just wondering if he'll go higher than +155

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

very excited for rumble! i think he is the next big thing

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW marquardt at WW??!?!?!?! holy sh!t.

i was thinking rumble was going up and i was confused because he's been so against it.

The HOFF

UFC officials today announced that Matt Riddle has been forced to withdraw from a planned contest with T.J. Grant and Charlie Brenneman has been tapped as a replacement for the UFC on Versus 4 bout.

The HOFF

Massive welterweight Anthony Johnson has been forced to withdraw from the main event of June's UFC on Versus 4 event, and Rick Story has agreed to step in and face Nate Marquardt.

The pair now meets in the main event of "UFC on Versus 4: Marquardt vs. Story," which takes place June 26 at Pittsburgh's Consol Energy Center.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

More injuries...Kampmann out of Howard fight.

Now Matt Brown vs Howard and Roberts vs Attonito. WOuld love to get FOTN line on Brown/Howard, probably won't get one as it's a Versus event

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I am on Roberts anything -200

1234 ... Last