beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Thiago Silva Submitted Sample 'Inconsistent with Human Urine,' Says NSAC

The urine sample Thiago Silva submitted for testing prior to UFC 125 was "inconsistent with human urine," according to a complaint filed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

NSAC executive director Keith Kizer sent MMA Fighting an email outlining the factual allegations against Silva, who now stands accused of submitting "an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the Urinalysis" prior to his decision win over Brandon Vera in Las Vegas on January 1.

Reports first began to swirl about a failed drug test when Silva was pulled from the UFC 130 card in early February. He was originally slated to face Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in that event, but was later replaced by Matt Hamill.

At the time, all the NSAC would say was that Silva's was the lone urine sample from UFC 125 that was "still processing," though the UFC's decision to remove him from his next fight was thought to be a preemptive move in anticipation of a forthcoming suspension.

RealBets
    RealBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

What a cheater.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

who`s he think he is?...overeem?....

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think Randleman had the same result "not human" at pride 32.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I found Silva's answer to Tatame Magazine stating his blood work was clean to be rather curious.

Most athletic commissions including the NSAC require blood work to be done once a year when you renew your fighters license. And that blood test is used to screen for things like hepatitis and blood borne pathogens.

The urine test is used to screen for drugs and those samples are collected the day of the fight before and after. But in this case it seems the only two samples in question were from before the fight. They only test the B sample if they find something fishy with the A sample. And both of samples were flagged as something inconsistent to human urine meaning, so while the NSAC didn't technically find any positive test results, what they did find was synthetic urine which is clearly intent to deceive.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

haha synthetic urine. What a dumbass.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn, synthetic urine? why use this stuff if tests can expose it as fake?

brazilian labs must be a couple years behind :/

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    haha synthetic urine. What a dumbass.
    Use of synthetics are a pretty popular way to beat drug tests since these tests look for the presence of things in your urine as opposed what your urine is. Well not just the presence of drugs, but if the levels are elevated enough that would show you were actually using. It really depends how far the labs will take their testing to, some just check for the presence of drugs while others look for masking agents, and then you've got a whole bunch of different things that test the actual urine.

I mean you could give then apple juice and pass since they'll be no presence of drugs.

But that's why they'll test for a number of things like: hormones, pH, creatinine, specific gravity, drug metabolites and diuretics. Lets say you drank a bunch of liquids before your test, this extra water will dilute your sample so whatever drugs you may have taken show up in small amounts. So that's why they'll measure creatine levels, because there's a specific level of it in your urine. If your creatine levels are low, then it's proof that your urine is diluted. Synthetics are a blend of water, urea, creatine and whatever else to make it look like your urine is on drug free and on the up and up.

The only thing they can't do is the human hormones, the synthetics wont have any of them. I'm speculating here but I'm almost positive that's how they caught Silva.

I do want add that it he could have used urine from another animal. Human urine has a specific gravity that is different from horse or dog urine. That's something they'll test for and it the specific gravity is wrong then it'll be flagged as something inconsistent with Human Urine.
    Last edited by Chairib; 03-29-11 at 11:19 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: illmatick

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    damn, synthetic urine? why use this stuff if tests can expose it as fake?

brazilian labs must be a couple years behind :/
    Well it's get busted for using a synthetic or just get busted for steroids or whatever drugs you might be using.

Bonnar got suspended for 9 months because of steroids but if they find you were using a synthetic they'll pull your revoke your license for 12. Both end up with you sitting out almost a year.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

lmao, I wonder if people have gotten away with this in the past. Personally I do not care if fighters use PEDs. I was really looking forward to his fight with Rampage.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

If they can sneak in synthetic urine couldn't they just as easily sneak in clean human urine? I'm not too knowledgeable on how to cheat drug tests.

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Not human"....??????

Must have had Chuck Norris piss for him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i want thiago to recover from this just so i can see him get knocked out. i hate this guy.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

why dont they just get somebody to watch these guys take a piss

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I never cared for Vera much... but I despise Thiago. His antics inside the octagon piss me off to no end and the cutthroat camera action needs to stop. I hope when he comes back in a year he's fat again and gets a beatdown. Vera should be brought back after this for at least a couple more fights, even though I think the talent has passed him by.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

I never cared for Vera much... but I despise Thiago. His antics inside the octagon piss me off to no end and the cutthroat camera action needs to stop. I hope when he comes back in a year he's fat again and gets a beatdown. Vera should be brought back after this for at least a couple more fights, even though I think the talent has passed him by.
    I find his antics to be obnoxious as well.

Although I'm glad he got busted, it's a shame his fight with Rampage got scrapped. An in-shape Quinton would have absolutely murdered him.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

for real though why doesn't he just get someone else who isn't on the sauce, but has human hormones to take a piss for him? If he can sneak an animals/ synthetic past the testing committee, then he sure as shit could've had someone else take a piss in his stead. Use a toilet with piss in it already and just dip the cup lol

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    why dont they just get somebody to watch these guys take a piss

I'm very surprised that they dont have someone in the same room... Some NCAA wrestling tests they don't leave your side

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva just admitted it. I knew it was because of back problems.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

They do watch them piss. They use the whizzinator.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

His career just went down the toilet, the only downside is not being able to see him get knocked out.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    If they can sneak in synthetic urine couldn't they just as easily sneak in clean human urine? I'm not too knowledgeable on how to cheat drug tests.
    Yeah I'm sure it's been done before but states like Nevada do random tests so you would spend the day of the fight walking around with a bag of piss attached to your body. Temperature, is a big issue, and if your samples don't fall within a certain range they won't accept it. Synthetics come in a powder so all you have to do is mix it with water.

I'm curious how much supervision there will be now when the sample is collected. I was reading an interview from the head of the NSAC and it definitely sounds like they'll be cracking down because observation got a little lax. Still, it's all a load of crap if you ask me and the money for all this testing could used for something else.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone here ever seen bigger, faster, stronger? great documentry on PED and roids

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Varker View Post
    His career just went down the toilet, the only downside is not being able to see him get knocked out.
    He'll be out for a year most likely, been plenty of guys who had to do 9 months to a year due to suspension.

Unless your name is Chael Sonnen, then you can give a bullshit excuse to CSAC about how you were doing testosterone replacement therapy and get your suspension reduced in half to only six months. Of course nobody seems to ask is why a 33 year fighter would need TRT in the first place? Or the rules regarding replacement therapy which state your testosterone ratio cannot exceed 4 to 1, Sonnen's testosterone ratio was measured to be 16.9 to 1.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

If whoever is doing the testing isn't actually watching them piss then a lot of people must be circumventing their tests.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    If whoever is doing the testing isn't actually watching them piss then a lot of people must be circumventing their tests.
    Who cares about circumventing, when you can just lie after you've been caught and get your suspension reduced.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

people are starting to catch on that ATT has a history of PEDs....
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 03-31-11 at 03:02 PM.