Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
haha synthetic urine. What a dumbass.
Use of synthetics are a pretty popular way to beat drug tests since these tests look for the presence of things in your urine as opposed what your urine is. Well not just the presence of drugs, but if the levels are elevated enough that would show you were actually using. It really depends how far the labs will take their testing to, some just check for the presence of drugs while others look for masking agents, and then you've got a whole bunch of different things that test the actual urine.

I mean you could give then apple juice and pass since they'll be no presence of drugs.

But that's why they'll test for a number of things like: hormones, pH, creatinine, specific gravity, drug metabolites and diuretics. Lets say you drank a bunch of liquids before your test, this extra water will dilute your sample so whatever drugs you may have taken show up in small amounts. So that's why they'll measure creatine levels, because there's a specific level of it in your urine. If your creatine levels are low, then it's proof that your urine is diluted. Synthetics are a blend of water, urea, creatine and whatever else to make it look like your urine is on drug free and on the up and up.

The only thing they can't do is the human hormones, the synthetics wont have any of them. I'm speculating here but I'm almost positive that's how they caught Silva.