Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Oooh I like how that Blackrock angle sounds.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

And slowly then suddenly, the people forgot about divorcing themselves from wall street.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9071

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    And slowly then suddenly, the people forgot about divorcing themselves from wall street.
    Haha, once people realized they could get rich off crypto and it was here to stay, all that idealism went away. Might be a couple of OGs around that still care about decentralization and sticking it to governments and wall street. But at this point to me, crypto just feels like a less regulated version on Wall Street.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15407

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Haha, once people realized they could get rich off crypto and it was here to stay, all that idealism went away. Might be a couple of OGs around that still care about decentralization and sticking it to governments and wall street. But at this point to me, crypto just feels like a less regulated version on Wall Street.
    Bitcoin maximalists aren't going to change their minds but we should be ready to change and adapt on the fly since so much changes. ETH is my number 1 hold and will stay that way even after Vitalik Buterin and an ETH dev posted negative news. Vitalik said that he's not staking all his ETH due to safety concerns. A top ETH dev doesn't stake all his ETH because he said he knows how the sausage is made.

I still think that ETH will be huge because of the upcoming upgrades. At best, ETH becomes dominate in the financial markets and the number one crypto for point of sale. ETH is working on privacy features. I'm not sure right now if that's a good or bad thing. If ETH becomes a privacy coin, the US is not going to allow it to be traded on US exchanges but I'm not sure that even matters much. The US is very slow with crypto laws and other countries have laws in place. If the US doesn't start making their laws clear on crypto everyone will just leave the US.

BTC will remain a store of value. It's safe and there is more and more adoption. No one buys groceries with gold so even if BTC isn't used for point of sale the price should boom during this bull run.

raiders72001

There may even be a decoupling of BTC and ETH.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19239

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    No one buys groceries with gold so even if BTC isn't used for point of sale the price should boom during this bull run.
    I'm starting to come across more and more wallets and wallets at exchanges that will clue you in when a transaction has started - incoming transactions. It won't be fully posted until the necessary confirmations have occurred. I really like this feature. There's no heart attack waiting for a Send to be received. Features like this at point of sale should be allowed to make any waiting go quicker....

I recently traded in a poo poo coin (Wownero) at TradeOgre. I had no idea if they had received it until I started clicking around the website and found that it was indeed on the way and needed 80 confirmations. Greatly reduced my anxiety. Took about 6 hours.

--------------------------------------------------

Privacy coins are the best but carry a stigma - "Only criminals use privacy coins". Uh, no. People that like privacy like privacy coins. People that like the power of cash like privacy coins. Governments that want to surveil you hate privacy coins. 3 letter agencies have no idea what happens in privacy coin transactions. Privacy coins are the true cryptos - the power of cash with digital speed. Borderless. Unfortunately, a great deal of the crypto community hasn't got it, yet.... Most are into crypto as an investment, store of value, etc. Plenty of moon-boys , too....
    Last edited by Arky; 07-07-23 at 09:26 PM.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Warren Buffett wouldn’t buy ‘all of the bitcoin in the world’ for $25: ‘It doesn’t produce anything’

Asked Saturday at the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting if he had changed his famously negative views on bitcoin or crypto, the 91-year-old investor didn’t mince his words.

Buffett began his answer by saying that if all the attendees in the room owned “all the farmland in the United States” or “all the apartments in the country” and they offered him a 1% stake for $25 billion, he would write them a check on the spot. But he wouldn’t do the same for bitcoin and its over-$700 billion market cap.

“If you ... owned all of the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25, I wouldn’t take it,” Buffett said. “Because what would I do with it? I’ll have to sell it back to you one way or another. It isn’t going to do anything.”
    He described his views on farmland and rental properties versus bitcoin as “the difference between productive assets and something that depends on the next guy paying you more than the last guy got.”
    “The apartments are going to produce rent and the farms are going to produce food,” he said. “If I’ve got all the bitcoin, I’m back wherever [anonymous bitcoin founder Satoshi] was.”
    He attributed the allure of bitcoin to a type of “magic” that draws investors.
    “Whether it goes up or down in the next year or five years or 10 years, I don’t know. But one thing I’m sure of is that it doesn’t multiply, it doesn’t produce anything,” he said. “It’s got a magic to it, and people have attached magic to lots of things.”
    Buffett has long been against cryptocurrencies. He told CNBC in 2018 that “they will come to a bad ending” and said that Berkshire Hathaway will “never have a position in them.”
    “I get into enough trouble with the things I think I know something about,” he said at the time. “Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don’t know about?”

see how simple it is follow the wealthy it works

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

^^^ I Love Warren Buffett but he's a hater. most of the OG's are.

three fold:

- they do Not understand BTC nor digital currency in general
    - they did Not get in on the bottom floor of it
    - it threatens stocks

this is why they hate it.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10385

He won’t admit as much, but Buffett is already holding Bitcoin through companies like Apple and Amazon who generate millions from crypto trading. Also, there’s a self preservation bias in his statement as he’s overweight in banking sector being slowly rendered absolete from a lending perspective. Most banks now making more and more money from trading and are the same people he rails against when the market goes irrational and he blames Wall Street but never the Fed or the billions he owns in banks. He is apart of the very system Digital assets seeks to disrupt so of course he is against it while also profiting from it.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I’m realizing all the smart guys with the money post in here, besides that Mike guy he’s just a hater because he’s missed the boat every single time.

raiders72001

Ripple notches landmark win in SEC case over XRP cryptocurrency
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-jud...ms-2023-07-13/

+50% L24
    +20% Lhour

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    He won’t admit as much, but Buffett is already holding Bitcoin through companies like Apple and Amazon who generate millions from crypto trading. Also, there’s a self preservation bias in his statement as he’s overweight in banking sector being slowly rendered absolete from a lending perspective. Most banks now making more and more money from trading and are the same people he rails against when the market goes irrational and he blames Wall Street but never the Fed or the billions he owns in banks. He is apart of the very system Digital assets seeks to disrupt so of course he is against it while also profiting from it.
    there is room and wisdom (in my humble opinion) in owning stocks and cryptos.

of my non-Cash positions, i have 96% of my portfolio in stocks and 4% in crypto.

i do not see the wisdom in big wigs thrashing cryptocurrency.

these same guys probably questioned a guy selling books out of his garage (Amazon and Jeff Bezos) and the need for a Search Engine (Google founders).

etc etc

just because these guys do not understand Crypto, does not mean they have to thrash it.

it is like it is an existential argument for them.

"Us vs Them"

i think they just hate the techies and the millenials. i think that is truly what it is.

they feel threatened by the next generation of really smart people.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

XRP now at 81% on the day (now at 88¢) nearly doubling in price. First cousin Stellar also on the move up 83% (17.9¢). Both changing fast right now.

Before the report, I was starting to see a few project 50K Bitcoin by the end of the year...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

A lot of bullish signs for BTC. I feel like there's enough BTC talk in the media right now. People know that they're fighting over a limited number of coins.

Question for the Stock Mkt gurus: *If one wants a pro-BTC investment inside the Stock Market, what is your best choice? MSTR? GBTC? A blended pro-Crypto fund?

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15930

We are sitting so nice on our mountains of BTC. Now focus on your health so you can witness the multimillion dollar life.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    Warren Buffett wouldn’t buy ‘all of the bitcoin in the world’ for $25: ‘It doesn’t produce anything’
    I guess he thinks art investors, collector cards, cars, wine and every other investment that relies on someone wanting to buy it for more than you paid for it as useless too.

lol
    I guess we made a bad sell call on that one! Oh well.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I guess he thinks art investors, collector cards, cars, wine and every other investment that relies on someone wanting to buy it for more than you paid for it as useless too.

lol

Opti, I collect some sports-cards. I have one eye on the markets. At the moment, I'm seeing key prices declining (at least a little).

I am seeing Gretzky rookies at bargain prices. I'll be pondering some buys in coming days.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    A lot of bullish signs for BTC. I feel like there's enough BTC talk in the media right now. People know that they're fighting over a limited number of coins.

Question for the Stock Mkt gurus: *If one wants a pro-BTC investment inside the Stock Market, what is your best choice? MSTR? GBTC? A blended pro-Crypto fund?
    GBTC is a trust so it is a different trade and hold.

I know a buddy who buys and sells MSTR but i do not.

the one position in stocks that i hold which is basically a BTC proxy is COIN for the Coinbase Exchange.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    GBTC is a trust so it is a different trade and hold.

I know a buddy who buys and sells MSTR but i do not.

the one position in stocks that i hold which is basically a BTC proxy is COIN for the Coinbase Exchange.
    Thank you, Homie. I hold at least a piece of the three tickers you mentioned.

I take an (unusual) stance on stocks like COIN that have lost most of their value. If the price has eroded 80% of previous value, I normally don't sell. I just Hold since I'd be selling so low. Maybe I get lucky with COIN re-surging.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

lol

Awful call on my part. I thought that Ripple had a good chance to lose. They won the part we needed. ETH is still going to be my biggest hold but I'm getting back in other things. APE will bounce back.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 07-13-23 at 10:47 PM.

raiders72001

There should be a pull back so I'm waiting until after the dip to moving things around.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

APE will bounce back.
    I still got mine (Ape). I'm going to hang on to it till the bull market arrives and if it doesn't fully snap back - talking new ATH or just break even - it'll be time to dump it. Bull market is the best time to sell even if you have to take a loss. I think that is a good strategy for alts that sink badly during a bear market....

I've bought a lot stinkers in the past but thankfully made some good choices, too.....

Optional

Awful call on my part. I thought that Ripple had a good chance to lose. They won the part we needed. ETH is still going to be my biggest hold but I'm getting back in other things. APE will bounce back.
    I already thought the same as you did. Wasnt worth the risk to hold and hope for good news when could cash out with a profit still.

If APE comes back I will be happy.

ChuckyTheGoat

Salud, Raiders. I always try to hold a little dry powder to buy on the dips.

Amazingly, MSTR is up again today. On a day that BTC is not up.

raiders72001

This SEC ruling is a game changer. SOL, XRP will be back in play. We'll all be geniuses again. FWIW community is the most important thing when looking at HRs. Project quality is a distant second. $150k BTC is the new prediction. $20k ETH. Seems to be outrageous predictions but so did the others entering the bull runs in 2017 and 2021.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 07-14-23 at 02:18 PM.

raiders72001

BTC and XRP are the only two that we're positive aren't securities because there was no staking and no ICO.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

This SEC ruling is a game changer. SOL, XRP will be back in play. We'll all be geniuses again. FWIW community is the most important thing when looking at HRs. Project quality is a distant second. $150k BTC is the new prediction. $20k ETH. Seems to be outrageous predictions but so did the others entering the bull runs in 2017 and 2021.
    Thanks Raiders, for your continued input on the status and your opinion on the bitcoin/alt coin market! Chucky,optional, homey,Arky and Trobin of course you all are in the running!
    Full disclosure... I own a smidgen of bitcoin... but enjoy keeping one eye open on the possibilities!
    and of course how did I get bitcoin... through winning here... under the " old school" rules....

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Bollinger bands very tight on Bitcoin right now which means volatility is imminent...... some say up is likely but down is possible, too....

----------------------------------------------

Stellar up about 80% this week (17.9¢). Rumor has it that XRP and XLM (Stellar) will be used by the new FedNow banker money.....

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Thanks Raiders, for your continued input on the status and your opinion on the bitcoin/alt coin market! Chucky,optional, homey,Arky and Trobin of course you all are in the running!
    Full disclosure... I own a smidgen of bitcoin... but enjoy keeping one eye open on the possibilities!
    and of course how did I get bitcoin... through winning here... under the " old school" rules....
    Lots of guys with great crypto input. It keeps growing and will grow more with this upcoming bull run.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Bollinger bands very tight on Bitcoin right now which means volatility is imminent...... some say up is likely but down is possible, too....

----------------------------------------------

Stellar up about 80% this week (17.9¢). Rumor has it that XRP and XLM (Stellar) will be used by the new FedNow banker money.....
    You beat me too it. I was just going to post about FedNow.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Where's the idiot know it all that was proud about taking a Gary gensler crypto course now? This xrp win was a long time coming, I hope gensler gets criminal charges on top of this fallout

homie1975

still hanging on for the long ride.

slow speed rollercoaster, no problem.

i'm not going anywhere.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    ...... Rumor has it that XRP and XLM (Stellar) will be used by the new FedNow banker money.....
    The bankers claim FedNow will have nothing to do with an incoming CBDC.

Lynette Zang is a big gold/silver promoter and believes that's BS. Paraphrasing "like a spider building a web".

She also promotes becoming your own bank. Although she never says it, crypto will also help you to become your own bank.

The video below is her ranting about the changes. Amusing at times, runs about 23½ mins. if you have nothing better to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjKXsHOduo

ChuckyTheGoat

BTC price taking off this morning. Trending up. Hits 30,000 in next 48 hours?

The Bull-run is coming, boys. More US bank failures?

The Fiat money system is a joke. American politicians trying to come up with new gimmicks.

And what about the FDIC? A make-believe insurance program?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

42½ minutes of Lynette Zang and Greg Mannarino chatting about the state of the markets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhgSXb5pGw

---------------------------------------------------

I don't think I need to mention to the people here to stay away from PayPal's new stablecoin (PYUSD). Heidi explains (6½ mins.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsdFW9zo0Y

---------------------------------------------------

Although the sideways action is boring as all get out, crypto is showing strength by having no drastic plunges and quickly recovering from small dips. Weekly Bollinger bands are still tight which means something's going to break sometime soon....

First ... 230231232233234235236 ... Last