bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9071

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Keep your BTC, keep your ETH, but I'm getting out of everything else located in the US. Looks like they're coming for all of them at a slow pace. The only thing that can stop BTC is quantum computing. Hopefully that gets solved before the computers speed up exponentially. Everything else is risky although ETH is now my biggest hold followed by BTC.

I'm leaving a ton on the table if I'm wrong but until this Ripple case is settled, I'm bailing.
    When quantum computing comes around BTC will probably be the last thing Im worried about.

bigtymer56

Keep your BTC, keep your ETH, but I'm getting out of everything else located in the US. Looks like they're coming for all of them at a slow pace. The only thing that can stop BTC is quantum computing. Hopefully that gets solved before the computers speed up exponentially. Everything else is risky although ETH is now my biggest hold followed by BTC.

I'm leaving a ton on the table if I'm wrong but until this Ripple case is settled, I'm bailing.
    Pretty much at this point as US citizen, I'm just slowly trading all my alts for BTC to avoid future headaches.

Still gonna hold my ETH, but am wary. Feel like it's only a matter of time before the US gov really targets the current stablecoins (tether, USDC). Can't imagine they are happy about other entities being able to print US dollars whenever they please. When they take those down or ban them in the US, that's going to put a big hurt on Defi.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

^^^ Stablecoins deserve all the scrutiny they get. The operators of them have played us all for fools over and again.

They need close regulation to stop the scamming as the industry seems to have no backbone to handle it itself.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15407

I can't take credit since Optinal was the one to find RFOX but these AI/gaming tokens are the sector to hit when the dust settles with the SEC. Until then it's still ETH and BTC for me.

RFOX VALT, the leading virtual reality platform, is thrilled to announce its readiness to capitalize on the upcoming release of the Apple VR and AR headset. The RFOX VALT is built on the Unity game engine and designed with a focus on virtual reality technology, which positions it perfectly to take full advantage of the technological advancements that Apple is expected to bring to the market.As the release of the new Apple VR headset draws near, RFOX VALT has already taken significant steps towards preparing to offer users an unmatched virtual reality experience. The platform has already released an Apple-compatible version of RFOX VALT for iOS devices, which is currently available in Testflight. RFOX VALT's ability to move quickly underscores its dedication towards continuous improvement and innovation.
    Furthermore, RFOX VALT has seamlessly integrated Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology into their platform, enabling users to customize their environments using voice prompts. Users can now create their avatars, choose customized playlists based on their preferences, share media across multiple platforms, and even launch web3 brands--all thanks to the innovative features added by the AI-integrated RFOX VALT. In addition to AI, RFOX VALT offers and end-to-end creator tool suite for launching web3 brands into the metaverse.
    The RFOX VALT team has been working tirelessly towards this moment, and they are excited to be one of the first VR platforms ready for the release of the upcoming Apple VR headset. RFOX VALT's focus on virtual reality technology sets them apart from the competition, and the integration of AI technology ensures the platform stays ahead of the curve.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

OK, Tuesday deserves mention:

*A lot of stocks and Mutual Funds in the RED.
    *Crypto stocks and TESLA in the GREEN in a big way!

De-coupling. Think about it.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    OK, Tuesday deserves mention:

*A lot of stocks and Mutual Funds in the RED.
    *Crypto stocks and TESLA in the GREEN in a big way!

De-coupling. Think about it.
    Bitcoin correlation with stocks at 5-year low as regulatory crackdown takes toll
    https://cryptonews.net/news/bitcoin/21159021/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Optional

I can't take credit since Optinal was the one to find RFOX but these AI/gaming tokens are the sector to hit when the dust settles with the SEC. Until then it's still ETH and BTC for me.
    Some bits of a newsletter from Independent Reserve (Aussie exchange) I thought were interesting.

Hinman docs are good for ETH, not XRP
    The eagerly awaited Hinman documents in the SEC vs Ripple case were finally released... and don't seem to have been worth all the fuss. They relate to internal SEC documents about a speech by the director of corporation finance William Hinman in which he declared ETH wasn't a security. Delphi Labs counsel Gabriel Shapiro called them a "nothingburger", CryptoLaw founder John Deaton doesn't think they'll materially affect the outcome of the case, but Hodl Law founder Fred Rispol argues they’ll impact the SEC's credibility. JPMorgan analysts said the documents were a boost to Ether and would encourage other cryptocurrencies to make themselves as decentralised as possible.

Bitcoin dominance is at 50%, headed to 80%
    Earlier today, Bitcoin poked its head above 50% dominance on Trading View for the first time since April 2021. Ethereum is around 20%, giving a 70% market share to the King and Queen of crypto. MicroStrategy boss Michael Saylor predicts Bitcoin is headed for 80% in the long term as regulators crack down on other tokens. “MicroStrategy’s view since 2020 has been that the only institutional-grade investable asset in the crypto space is Bitcoin… The next logical step is for Bitcoin to 10x from here, and then 10x again.”

Bitcoin Ordinals gave Bitcoin a new lease of life by inscribing Satoshi’s to create new tokens, and now Ethscriptions have been introduced, which put NFTs into Ethereum call data. 10,000 Ethereum Punks were quickly claimed on the weekend.

ChuckyTheGoat

BTC = 30,170.

One thing I'm seeing on the videos:
    *More and more use case for BTC in countries w/ massive inflation. At least BTC holds its value.
    *Market saying "Who cares?" to the Gensler actions against Coinbase etc.

ChuckyTheGoat

I'll call it now. Any of these Bitcoin ETFs will be a joke.

Here's why. These ETFs will have you believe they are holding the underlying asset.

How many liquid Coins are on exchanges at the moment? Add up the Lost coins, Coins in Cold Storage, and coins not yet mined. There can't be much more than 1.00Mill coins available for sale.

How TF are these multiple ETFs going to be able to purchase all these coins? BTC price going to shoot up, imho. These ETFs don't interest me at all.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19239

Lark Davis' take on the recent events and announcements. Runs about 7 minutes. Basically, he's saying, "Don't trust Wall Street". I'd say he is spot on....

One other take I've heard is that Gensler, by going after Coinbase and BinanceUS, cleared the way for all this to happen.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Lark Davis' take on the recent events and announcements. Runs about 7 minutes. Basically, he's saying, "Don't trust Wall Street". I'd say he is spot on....

One other take I've heard is that Gensler, by going after Coinbase and BinanceUS, cleared the way for all this to happen.

Wow, this pump and dumper is still around.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    bigtyme, did Lark start an Alt-coin?

Never cared much for his analysis.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Eh, everyone on Youtube in the crypto space is a bit of an "entrepreneur". One has to learn to filter the information they receive.

On this particular topic, I think he will be proven right.

ChuckyTheGoat

Arky, I think the bolded is the key part. Some bad-mouthing to cause a dip in prices. So they could buy in at a bit of a discount.

A few comments/observations: *How long does it take to get approval on these ETFs?
    ...Talk about comin in late to the party, LOL. They can get approval after the halving takes place.

With more mainstream mass adoption, how many Coins do these guys really think they're going to acquire? The stats I've read (and presented) show how coins are going into Cold Storage and off exchanges at a higher and higher rate. I don't have the stat at my fingertips, but it has to be much < 10% (all Bitcoins) available on exchanges for purchase at the moment.

Worldwide, people don't care about the US government edicts. In inflation-troubled countries, citizens are trying to hold value and conduct transactions. Price is rocketing at the moment.

Do we get to $33,000 by Sunday nite? That's < +10%. I think it could happen.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Arky, I think the bolded is the key part. Some bad-mouthing to cause a dip in prices. So they could buy in at a bit of a discount.

A few comments/observations: *How long does it take to get approval on these ETFs?
    ...Talk about comin in late to the party, LOL. They can get approval after the halving takes place.

With more mainstream mass adoption, how many Coins do these guys really think they're going to acquire? The stats I've read (and presented) show how coins are going into Cold Storage and off exchanges at a higher and higher rate. I don't have the stat at my fingertips, but it has to be much < 10% (all Bitcoins) available on exchanges for purchase at the moment.

Worldwide, people don't care about the US government edicts. In inflation-troubled countries, citizens are trying to hold value and conduct transactions. Price is rocketing at the moment.

Do we get to $33,000 by Sunday nite? That's < +10%. I think it could happen.
    Well, I don't think it is so much about how much Bitcoin they acquire but about gaining control of crypto. Think about how the gold and silver paper markets are controlled and manipulated... The last thing those who understand what crypto is all about want to see is crypto turned into a new play toy of the 1%.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think one of the reasons XRP was attacked by the SEC is that they (XRP) had designs of being THE crypto for a new digital banking system. A CBDC before we knew what that term meant. It was created by banker boys in Silicon Valley who understand how the system works. I think they wanted to be the new Swift. East coast boys had different ideas....

raiders72001

Biggie found this one.

ChuckyTheGoat

Well, I don't think it is so much about how much Bitcoin they acquire but about gaining control of crypto. Think about how the gold and silver paper markets are controlled and manipulated... The last thing those who understand what crypto is all about want to see is crypto turned into a new play toy of the 1%.

I think one of the reasons XRP was attacked by the SEC is that they (XRP) had designs of being THE crypto for a new digital banking system. A CBDC before we knew what that term meant. It was created by banker boys in Silicon Valley who understand how the system works. I think they wanted to be the new Swift. East coast boys had different ideas....
    Arky, appreciate your post. And I think you're right. The American politicians would love to play games with the BTC price.

I can't wrap my head around how they're going to play games with the price. At this late of an entry point, I can't imagine how they can manipulate the price. They're going to hold such a small share of the total.

raiders72001

XRP being used in some African banking systems.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Arky, appreciate your post. And I think you're right. The American politicians would love to play games with the BTC price.

I can't wrap my head around how they're going to play games with the price. At this late of an entry point, I can't imagine how they can manipulate the price. They're going to hold such a small share of the total.
    Well, "they" don't own all the gold and silver either but most every financial analyst will tell you gold and silver prices are suppressed. How do they do it? I don't know the mechanisms of how - just know it happens.

Worst case is "they" bring something like this to crypto. Best case is truly decentralized cryptos won't allow it to happen..... Bitcoin seems to be getting a tad more centralized all the time....

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

Well, "they" don't own all the gold and silver either but most every financial analyst will tell you gold and silver prices are suppressed. How do they do it? I don't know the mechanisms of how - just know it happens.

Worst case is "they" bring something like this to crypto. Best case is truly decentralized cryptos won't allow it to happen..... Bitcoin seems to be getting a tad more centralized all the time....
    The 'paper' price is manipulated through futures and commodities financial markets. This is what coined the term "If you don't have it, you don't own it" referring to people who own stock or futures (paper gold). Ultimately what happens is when you eventually redeem the delivery of the commodity, the CFTC can't fulfill the promise and you are forced to take a cash settlement. I believe this or something along these lines is what recently happened in the nickel market, sometime after the pandemic. Pretty big shit that the tv analist won't go into detail.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave Git Lo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Kucoin - still one of the better exchanges out there, IMO.

No KYC but this brings daily withdraw limits (max 20K USDT). I've never staked with them but I do not believe they mess with 1099's. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

I heard the SEC is looking into them but I'm not sure they can do much..... could be a ploy by the SEC to scare them away from the US....

One shouldn't keep their crypto on exchanges but if you do, Kucoin has been good to me. I've got a few cryptos that have a poor or no wallet so I just leave them at Kucoin. Hasn't been a problem - so far.
    Hearing that Kucoin now requiring KYC. :/

July 15 last day of no KYC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJ1Tg2dP7c

ChuckyTheGoat

Hearing that Kucoin now requiring KYC. :/

July 15 last day of no KYC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJ1Tg2dP7c
    Very interesting, Arky. I believe the recent Bitcoin trends are a big deal. I think that any true Bitcoin believer wants nothing to do with KYC and/or exchanges.

The whole idea is to de-centralize. Remove government from the equation. The charts I see continue to display more coins moving to Cold Storage. The number of coins available on exchanges now has to be very small. 1.00Mill BTC available?

In the last two weeks, I would summarize the public response as people not wanting to be late to the party. BTC is moving north on almost a daily basis. Eyes are open, wheels in motion.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Very interesting, Arky. I believe the recent Bitcoin trends are a big deal. I think that any true Bitcoin believer wants nothing to do with KYC and/or exchanges.

The whole idea is to de-centralize. Remove government from the equation. The charts I see continue to display more coins moving to Cold Storage. The number of coins available on exchanges now has to be very small. 1.00Mill BTC available?

In the last two weeks, I would summarize the public response as people not wanting to be late to the party. BTC is moving north on almost a daily basis. Eyes are open, wheels in motion.
    I should have mentioned, if you have crypto at Kucoin and don't want to KYC, then get it off before July 15. There's a possibility it may go poof. I think I am going to try the KYC at the bare minimum level and see how it goes....

Yes, people are talking about a BTC shortage eventually hitting the exchanges. I think you know what that means.....

-------------------------------------------------------

Bitcoin Cash zooming this week. Up 111%. Currently at $299.89.

raiders72001

I should have mentioned, if you have crypto at Kucoin and don't want to KYC, then get it off before July 15. There's a possibility it may go poof. I think I am going to try the KYC at the bare minimum level and see how it goes....

Yes, people are talking about a BTC shortage eventually hitting the exchanges. I think you know what that means.....

-------------------------------------------------------

Bitcoin Cash zooming this week. Up 111%. Currently at $299.89.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the US will be banned. If so, I've lost my top 3 exchanges in KuCoin, Binance.com and Gate.io

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

Now it is back down to 30,065

I sold the rip on 6/21 and took the profits, then rebought low 31s.

At some point i am probably going to get caught with my hand in the cookie jar but i cannot help myself but want to take profits when it rips because the steep moves always seem to settle and start drifting back before settling lower.........

ChuckyTheGoat

I'm not 100% sure but I think the US will be banned. If so, I've lost my top 3 exchanges in KuCoin, Binance.com and Gate.io
    Giddyup, Raiders. Hope all is good. Have a nice weekend, pal.

raiders72001

Giddyup, Raiders. Hope all is good. Have a nice weekend, pal.

ChuckyTheGoat

I have to feel bullish on the BTC price. Increase in interest. More people seeking out a limited number of coins.

$33,000 by end of July?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

You're right. Just tried to KYC at Kucoin and the USA came up as "unsupported".

Found this:

Kucoin Restricted & Banned countries

Kucoin is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that is available in most countries around the world. However, there are certain countries that are restricted or banned from using Kucoin due to legal and regulatory reasons.

As of now, individuals or residents of countries such as the United States, Canada, Japan, China, South Korea, and Vietnam are not allowed to use Kucoin. This also include OFAC countries such as Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Syria, Yemen, and Cuba which are also prohibited from using Kucoin's services.
    https://www.thecryptobreakdown.com/g...rted-countries

Gonna have to move my coins... hope it works....

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Gonna have to move my coins... hope it works....
    Just a FYI, I was successfully able to move, sell, swap and even deposit coins into and off of Kucoin. Sounds like you can do this until July 15. After that, no more deposits but I believe the withdraws will still function (for USA).

Came across this video of a fella looking for no KYC alternatives to Kucoin. He found three with an exchange called MEXC as his top pick. Never heard of 'em but I will be looking into them further. They seem to carry a lot of different coins which is a plus....

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_8jNxer7w (Runs about 6½ mins.)

MEXC website: https://www.mexc.com/

raiders72001

Buy, buy, buy.

BlackRock Boss Larry Fink Praises Bitcoin for ‘Digitizing Gold’
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...204714666.html

ChuckyTheGoat

Salud, Raiders. I hesitate on one front. When people talk about BTC as "digital gold"...I have to question the comparison a bit.

Gold is tangible, BTC is a technology. For BTC to grow, it's about the use-case and the adoption curve. I think BTC is doing well on that front in inflation-challenged countries. Citizens will look to BTC as a stable store of value. Better than watching the value of the home currency erode.

Optional

Salud, Raiders. I hesitate on one front. When people talk about BTC as "digital gold"...I have to question the comparison a bit.

Gold is tangible, BTC is a technology. For BTC to grow, it's about the use-case and the adoption curve. I think BTC is doing well on that front in inflation-challenged countries. Citizens will look to BTC as a stable store of value. Better than watching the value of the home currency erode.
    Why do you think that is so vital? I know people endlessly parrot that for the last decade but if you use personal logic, does it make sense?

And what do you mean by use? If you are going to insist it has to work like cash or a CC as the only version of "useful" then I'd have to ask how on earth do you think gold can work when it's not a transactional product?

I doubt you think it's vital that gold is useful for that to maintain it's hedge value.

raiders72001

I'm looking at it this way. I don't know what the price will do tomorrow or next week. But I'm very confident that we are in for a nice bull run. Blackrock has $9-10 trillion in assets under management. That's more than the GDP of every country except the US and China. Blackrock's record of ETF approval from the SEC is 575-1. Blackrock has their hands in everything successful https://stockzoa.com/fund/blackrock/ . I'm just following the money.

raiders72001

Biden Ties to BlackRock Deepen With Latest Treasury Hire
    That growing clout has invited criticism from both ends of the political spectrum, with the firm frequently targeted for its investing policies tied to climate, its business in China and its role as one of the largest stock owners of most major public companies.
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/biden-ti...hire-1.1804709

First ... 229230231232233234235 ... Last