presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone here interested in an SBR fantasy league?

Would anyone be interested in playing in one? We could get a free league off of yahoo.

so far:

1. presley177
    2. Winston Smith
    3. Maritime
    4. Onlooker
    5. Imgv94
    6. hanco21
    Last edited by presley177; 03-09-06 at 01:13 PM.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd play.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to play. Do you think we could organize a live draft online?

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    I'd like to play. Do you think we could organize a live draft online?
    It'd be cool to have a live draft but I'm not sure if everyone would be able to participate in it.

After we get some more people in..we'll try to see if a live draft is possible or if we'll have have to rank the players and autopick.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

You beat me to this thread.

I will play.

maritime

A yahoo free league would be fine and all, for bragging rights and such here on sbr. But since this is a gambling forum, I just wanted to throw out the possibility of us getting into a $$ league, like at cdmsports.com. Their "Draft and Play" leagues cost either $25, $100, or $300 to enter, with prizes for the league champion (ten team league) of $100, $600, or $2000 respectively.

presley177

A yahoo free league would be fine and all, for bragging rights and such here on sbr. But since this is a gambling forum, I just wanted to throw out the possibility of us getting into a $$ league, like at cdmsports.com. Their "Draft and Play" leagues cost either $25, $100, or $300 to enter, with prizes for the league champion (ten team league) of $100, $600, or $2000 respectively.
    it might be worth looking into..however we could use a free league and make it a money league..somehow i'm sure. eliminate the middle man.

maritime

"it might be worth looking into..however we could use a free league and make it a money league..somehow i'm sure. eliminate the middle man."

True. I hate middle men. Maybe one of the mods, like Onlooker or Illusion have a suggestion....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

"it might be worth looking into..however we could use a free league and make it a money league..somehow i'm sure. eliminate the middle man."

True. I hate middle men. Maybe one of the mods, like Onlooker or Illusion have a suggestion....
    I will ask the powers that be if they could get a sponsor for a SBR league.

maritime

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I will ask the powers that be if they could get a sponsor for a SBR league.
    Maybe SBR could just hold the funds until end of season. Just a thought. ?Neteller

presley177

bump

presley177

bump. anyone else interested?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bump worked. I am in.

presley177

awesome. I'd like to get atleast 10 for this. looker any update from the powers to be? : )

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

why not...I'm in

presley177

bump bump

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

how many people do we really have here that will play in this one ? if we have enough, i'll see if maybe i can get a sponser to maybe give out a small prize to the winner/winners.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I think a 12 man league would be big enough. So it would have to be first come, first serve.

If we were to get a prize going, Im sure everyone would be able to make a live draft, correct?

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I think a 12 man league would be big enough. So it would have to be first come, first serve.

If we were to get a prize going, Im sure everyone would be able to make a live draft, correct?
    I think if there's a prize involved it should most deffinitely be a live draft.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    I think if there's a prize involved it should most deffinitely be a live draft.
    That would be the fairest thing to do.

bigboydan

ok guys, i spoke with Sean today, and we hopefully will be able work out something, so stay tuned.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'd play. Sounds cool

bigboydan

these 8 get first shot if we can work out the details.

1. presley177
    2. Winston Smith
    3. Maritime
    4. Onlooker
    5. Imgv94
    6. hanco21
    7. Willie Bee
    8. juuso

once we hit 12 players, it will go in order on alternets.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Scratch me unless I make the 10th, 12th, 16th team, something like that. If I am to serve as the 'default commish,' I'd rather not have a team of my own. Will make it much easier and hold down any conflicts of interest when I establish the commissioner's slush fund. Stay tuned for the bribe scale

Y'all be thinking about what categories you want to tally. And I assume y'all want to play head-to-head action. I would recommend coming up with an odd number of categories (9 or 11 are probably good numbers). Make the last category something about fielding. That will essentially give you a tiebreaker for each series (in theory), leading to weekly scores like 5-4 more often than 5-5.

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Scratch me unless I make the 10th, 12th, 16th team, something like that. If I am to serve as the 'default commish,' I'd rather not have a team of my own. Will make it much easier and hold down any conflicts of interest when I establish the commissioner's slush fund. Stay tuned for the bribe scale

Y'all be thinking about what categories you want to tally. And I assume y'all want to play head-to-head action. I would recommend coming up with an odd number of categories (9 or 11 are probably good numbers). Make the last category something about fielding. That will essentially give you a tiebreaker for each series (in theory), leading to weekly scores like 5-4 more often than 5-5.
    I personally would rather have roto scoring...and probably the usual scoring 5x5.... homeruns, steals, runs, rbis, average,....pitching- wins, saves, era, whip, strikeouts.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    I personally would rather have roto scoring...and probably the usual scoring 5x5.... homeruns, steals, runs, rbis, average,....pitching- wins, saves, era, whip, strikeouts.
    I like roto leagues better myself. And the 5x5 is ok with me. Lets get more input on the type of game guys.

maritime

I'd like live draft if possible.
    Traditional 5x5 roto is good with me.

presley177

Let's get a couple more people in this!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

If we can get 10 to 12 that would be great. I would like to do the draft a few days before the first game starts. So we know most the injuries by then.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give me a franchise...never played fantasy but I love bases and gonna be here at SBR all season...so might as well...

presley177

1. presley177
    2. Winston Smith
    3. Maritime
    4. Onlooker
    5. Imgv94
    6. hanco21
    7. Willie Bee
    8. juuso
    9. alamorich
    10. ???
    11. ??
    12. ?

bigboydan

guys, i'm gonna talk to looker and willie be tomorrow. i wanna discuss this stuff with them, and see what is the best way to go to make everyone happy

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Ok ladies, listen up

We are signing a league up today at Yahoo! You can add Sean to the list of teams to bring us to 10 if the current count is correct. The league will be a Yahoo! Plus setup, giving us a few more bells and whistles, mainly everyone will have the Stat-Tracker service at their disposal.

Since there seems to be a little split right now on the 'head-to-head' and 'traditional roto' styles of play, a compromise has been suggested as follows: We will sign up as a head-to-head, awarding prizes to the top two finishers by that scoring. A third prize will also be awarded based on the roto or cumulative stats scoring.

The 5x5 stats scoring appears to be the consensus, and the primary columns look to be AVG-HR-SB-RUNS-RBI and WINS-SAVES-ERA-WHIP-Ks.

We could increase prizes if we get 16 or more teams in the league, per Sean.

Need some comments from y'all about this.

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Ok ladies, listen up

We are signing a league up today at Yahoo! You can add Sean to the list of teams to bring us to 10 if the current count is correct. The league will be a Yahoo! Plus setup, giving us a few more bells and whistles, mainly everyone will have the Stat-Tracker service at their disposal.

Since there seems to be a little split right now on the 'head-to-head' and 'traditional roto' styles of play, a compromise has been suggested as follows: We will sign up as a head-to-head, awarding prizes to the top two finishers by that scoring. A third prize will also be awarded based on the roto or cumulative stats scoring.

The 5x5 stats scoring appears to be the consensus, and the primary columns look to be AVG-HR-SB-RUNS-RBI and WINS-SAVES-ERA-WHIP-Ks.

We could increase prizes if we get 16 or more teams in the league, per Sean.

Need some comments from y'all about this.
    Sounds good to me. I'll keep asking around if anyone else is interested and reaching the 16 team goal. Also we need to figure out which positions the league will require. How many outfielders...etc etc. and if we do head-to-head scoring I'd like to make sure the amount of innings per team is capped to eliminate streaming starters.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

I am in. you could also do sportsline.com.

1234 Last