15. ?
    16. ?
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 03-15-06 at 01:31 PM. Reason: add razz

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

When do we sign up at Yahoo?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

waiting on the boys in the office to set up the league maritime. hopefully by friday we should have the all the details in place.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for putting this together guys!

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Please read and respond

We are signed up at Yahoo! with a Plus League.

The settings can be adjusted, but this is how I went to start with:
    Head-to-Head

16 Teams

2 Divisions (regular season Div champs are 1-2 seeds, 4 next best records overall fill out the 6-team playoffs)

AL Lineup (c-1b-2b-3b-ss-3 of-utl)

6 active pitchers

10 bench (gives us 25 man rosters)

2 DL

25 IP Minimum per week

No maximum roster moves (I'd like to see something in the 25-50 range myself)

No Maximum Trades

No 'no-cut' list

Trade protest time - 2 days

Waiver wire - 2 days

STAT COLUMNS R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG ... W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

DRAFT Monday, 27 March 2006, 8:30 p.m. (ET); 7:30 p.m (CT); 6:30 p.m. (MT); 5:30 p.m. (PT)

First, I realize that not everyone will be able to make the on-line draft no matter when we set it. But we need to get that set by end of workday this Friday to the time that the majority of us can make it. The date I chose was one of the best I could find during the early evening before the season starts.

Please PM me with your e-mail address so I can send the League ID # and password needed to register.

We are counting Sean only as our 12th or 16th team if we need him. So let's find a few more players and make sure we don't need his ugly butt in this league

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Count me in.

bigboydan

Willie Bee, over the years i've noticed some players resort to collusion when there out of it. if players seen this type of thing happen, what do you do about it ?

Willie Bee

The two doormen down here at the SBR office, Bruno and Fingers, will be dispatched post haste if any collusion is discovered

It's set where we can vote against trades if we think they're smelling of fish. Guess we need to determine how many NO votes are needed to nix something. With 12 teams, I'd say 5 votes against (would be half of those not involved in trade); with 16 teams I'd say 7.

One thing I left out on the list above is the trade deadline in this league is 30 July (last Sunday of July). So that will at least stop any panty-waist-chicken-poop dumps in August just before our playoffs start.

bigboydan

as long as there is something in the rules covered to prevent this type of stuff happening.

Willie Bee

Hey Dan, how come you're not on the list to play?

bigboydan

i don't play fantasy bases WB.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Hey Dan, how come you're not on the list to play?
    He knows he will finish last, so he dont want to waste his time trying.

It seems most in this thread wants a Roto, not H2H. So we may need to change that.

bigboydan

looker, i probly would finsih dead last since i don't follow the stats on a daily basis.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    looker, i probly would finsih dead last since i don't follow the stats on a daily basis.
    you should if the time is there. an edge that can be pretty profitable.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    It seems most in this thread wants a Roto, not H2H. So we may need to change that.
    I count just three (Presely, maritime, lòóker) who have said they'd like old roto over head-to-head.

And most importantly, the man paying the bills prefers head-to-head.

If we end up with just 12 teams or less, we'll scratch the division setup; 14+ we will use divisions.

bigboydan

And most importantly, the man paying the bills prefers head-to-head.

i guess john is looking to bet on these head-to-head matchups at some point uh WB

Willie Bee

The h2h was really something that came out of Sean's court. Since it was his plastic I was using to pay for the plus league at Yahoo!, I thought it'd be nice to appease the old fellow.

Prizes
    Now that I have your attention

SBR is committed to a $500 purse, either dead presidents or betting account funds. We'll decide that between now and April 2nd.

I was thinking a split something like: $250 for 1st; $150 for 2nd; $100 for the roto champ.

How about a little input here from the players?

presley177

The h2h was really something that came out of Sean's court. Since it was his plastic I was using to pay for the plus league at Yahoo!, I thought it'd be nice to appease the old fellow.

Prizes
    Now that I have your attention

SBR is committed to a $500 purse, either dead presidents or betting account funds. We'll decide that between now and April 2nd.

I was thinking a split something like: $250 for 1st; $150 for 2nd; $100 for the roto champ.

How about a little input here from the players?
    I think if we play h2h (which I don't have a problem with..especially since this is a free league to me) I think we should just nix the roto champ...because I don't know about anyone else here but my strategy will be considerably different playing h2h rather than roto.

I'd kinda like this-

1st- $250
    2nd-$150
    3rd- $50
    4th- $50

I think that way it would keep the interest still high in the league in the case two teams are clearly dominating everyone(mine being one of them : ) )

Also if we were to get betting accounts could we have a possible sponser for it? Since if we'd be putting $500 into a book I would think we could maybe get a decent deal on that?

just a few suggestions

Willie Bee

Presley, good point about the sponsor. We just haven't drummed up anyone interested yet.

Are you and I the only ones to actually sign up at the Yahoo site still? If so, this is going to get boring playing your butt every week on the slate

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I signed up!! GV DODGERS BABY!!

Willie Bee

Ok guys, we're barely halfway there with 6 teams signed up. Would like to get at least 12. PM me if you're interested and do so ASAP. Draft is just 10 days away.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Ok, just signed up a team in the SBR league.

Lets get the sign ups moving guys, so we have a league set by the draft date.

Still would like to have the roto format. I rarely do H2H so I will probably get my ass handed to me.

presley177

Ok, just signed up a team in the SBR league.

Lets get the sign ups moving guys, so we have a league set by the draft date.

Still would like to have the roto format. I rarely do H2H so I will probably get my ass handed to me.
    likewise. h2h is tougher for vets but easier for novice players whereas if this was roto the fantasy "pros" would leave everyone behind before the all-star break.

but hey...you're lucky. You aren't in the same division as me!
    Last edited by presley177; 03-17-06 at 03:47 PM. Reason: can't spell

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is my 1st time doing fantasy baseball . So novice is cool for me.

bigboydan

no wonder looker wants to go with the roto league. he wants to burry all you guys

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I just dont play H2H, usually do Roto's. But hey, if it gave me a advantage to run a Roto, well so be it.

This should be fun either way.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I should get signed up by end of the day.

bigboydan

rich, i hope you beat onlooker and willie bee bad in this league. i wanna see you make them both go home crying to mommy

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

rich, i hope you beat onlooker and willie bee bad in this league. i wanna see you make them both go home crying to mommy
    I know you do, because your to chicken sheit to do it yourself.

bigboydan

looker, you have known for years i don't play fantasy bases at all.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

looker, you have known for years i don't play fantasy bases at all.
    I know, but still doesnt mean Im not going to give you a hard time on it. You want my ass kicked, come do it yourself.

bigboydan

You want my ass kicked, come do it yourself.

because, i don't feel like waiting in that long line

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

I'll play in the league. Send the info.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    likewise. h2h is tougher for vets but easier for novice players whereas if this was roto the fantasy "pros" would leave everyone behind before the all-star break.
    I sort of agree that roto removes some of the 'luck' from head-to-head. Scheduling is where any luck comes in. But the last two years in one of my fantasy leagues, we've had just one team 'get lucky' and make the h2h playoffs when they wouldn't have been top 6 in roto. Likewise, the last couple of years in the majors the team with the best record hasn't won the World Series. Didn't even make it out of the NLCS this past season.

IMGV's comment about being a novice, all bullsh!t aside got me thinking about how long y'all might have been playing fantasy baseball or fantasy sports? We didn't call it 'fantasy,' think we called it boxscore baseball back then, but the first time I played some form of a statistical game was 1968. I've also been in one league (playing both traditional roto and h2h) for 23 straight years. Very proud of my association with that group since we shoot our fees, fines, fundraisers, etc., to a charity now and have doled out over $15,000 since 1996 to kids.

So what's your story? Inquiring minds want to know

presley177

I sort of agree that roto removes some of the 'luck' from head-to-head. Scheduling is where any luck comes in. But the last two years in one of my fantasy leagues, we've had just one team 'get lucky' and make the h2h playoffs when they wouldn't have been top 6 in roto. Likewise, the last couple of years in the majors the team with the best record hasn't won the World Series. Didn't even make it out of the NLCS this past season.

IMGV's comment about being a novice, all bullsh!t aside got me thinking about how long y'all might have been playing fantasy baseball or fantasy sports? We didn't call it 'fantasy,' think we called it boxscore baseball back then, but the first time I played some form of a statistical game was 1968. I've also been in one league (playing both traditional roto and h2h) for 23 straight years. Very proud of my association with that group since we shoot our fees, fines, fundraisers, etc., to a charity now and have doled out over $15,000 since 1996 to kids.

So what's your story? Inquiring minds want to know
    I'm still relatively young(21) but I've been playing since I was 11. When I first got AOL they had fantasy baseball leagues that I just got into and I remember almost winning my 1st year despite trading Willie Blair(ha!)

In the past 10 years I usually play a couple a leagues a year and I think I win about 90% of them.

First 1234 Last