Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

NC's initial leans = MONEY

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not sure why anyone would come in here and hate on NC, the guy obviously knows baseball.....

thebayareabeast
    thebayareabeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    This is the biggest bunch of nonsense I have heard in a while. You must be one of the tools that calls into KNBR requesting Cain for Pujols trades. Sanchez for Hart? You are insane. Hart is a low OBP guy and a complementary piece at best. He's hit his peak at 28 and will never be more than a .270 guy in SF. If you define a .330 OBP as a big bat then godspeed. Sure he'd be fine with Fielder but that's not happening. This team needs top of the order guys...a complete change in philosophy. If they want power they're at least 3 bats away, not 1 as you contend.

Find a theory for how we can attract Carl Crawford. Or...more realistically David Dejesus. Then I'll listen.
    We don't need a "top of the order guy". We need a guy who can hit for power. I wouldn't condone Sanchez for Hart but we have 5 starters with awesome stuff and a bunch of guys waiting in the minor leagues, so Sanchez is expendable. Of course I would prefer Prince Fielder, but lets face it Sabean is too much of a monkey to make that happen. I would love Carl Crawford, but thats not gonna happen either. David Dejesus? Fukk David DeJesus. You are going to preach to me about Buying High and then you mention DAVID DEJESUS? GOD HELP YOU SON.

If we get Corey Hart heres our lineup.

Torres
    Sanchez
    Posey
    Huff
    Hart
    Sandoval
    Uribe/Renteria
    Ishikawa/Renteria whatever you get the gist

If we keep Sanchez and Bumgarner (obviously Tim and Cain are untouchable and noone wants to pick up Zitos contract) its gonna be hard to get into the playoffs with that offense, even though Im naturally optimistic so I can see it happening. Too much pressure on the pitchers though, we need to acquire a bat.

Your proposals on how to do that are nonsense. You sound like Sabean "I dont want to trade any pitching". Teams that actually win shit have more balance than we do.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not sure why anyone would come in here and hate on NC, the guy obviously knows baseball.....
    No one's perfect. I roll out a lot of shitty picks, too, but if Nomadik wants to put me on auto-fade because he think I constantly pick losers, so be it.

thebayareabeast

Agreed on bayarea...he already showed me he has no logic (or at least elementary at best) in the 3 posts I've read from him.
    You already showed me your MLB knowledge is comparable to that of a monkey.

Nomadik
    Nomadik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Wow you actually hit a play or two today? Wait...did you actually play them? I'm sure if you did we would have 50+ new threads about it or some shit. You want to know why you don't win?...because all you do is whine and complain in 50 different threads as to why this or that didn't go your way, or why this or that team is NOT the play, or why you're HESITANT to make a play because of your fyckin paralysis by analysis. Have a fyckin scotch and relax buddy....shit ain't that bad.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadik View Post
    Wow you actually hit a play or two today? Wait...did you actually play them? I'm sure if you did we would have 50+ new threads about it or some shit. You want to know why you don't win?...because all you do is whine and complain in 50 different threads as to why this or that didn't go your way, or why this or that team is NOT the play, or why you're HESITANT to make a play because of your fyckin paralysis by analysis. Have a fyckin scotch and relax buddy....shit ain't that bad.
    Who said I don't win?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by thebayareabeast View Post
    We don't need a "top of the order guy". We need a guy who can hit for power. I wouldn't condone Sanchez for Hart but we have 5 starters with awesome stuff and a bunch of guys waiting in the minor leagues, so Sanchez is expendable. Of course I would prefer Prince Fielder, but lets face it Sabean is too much of a monkey to make that happen. I would love Carl Crawford, but thats not gonna happen either. David Dejesus? Fukk David DeJesus. You are going to preach to me about Buying High and then you mention DAVID DEJESUS? GOD HELP YOU SON.

If we get Corey Hart heres our lineup.

Torres
    Sanchez
    Posey
    Huff
    Hart
    Sandoval
    Uribe/Renteria
    Ishikawa/Renteria whatever you get the gist

If we keep Sanchez and Bumgarner (obviously Tim and Cain are untouchable and noone wants to pick up Zitos contract) its gonna be hard to get into the playoffs with that offense, even though Im naturally optimistic so I can see it happening. Too much pressure on the pitchers though, we need to acquire a bat.

Your proposals on how to do that are nonsense. You sound like Sabean "I dont want to trade any pitching". Teams that actually win shit have more balance than we do.
    Dejesus is a proven, solid major league hitter with a good approach at the plate. He's got a career OBP 30 points higher than Hart and he's a better fielder. I'm not saying we should get him per se, but rather fix the glaring lack of speed and contact in our lineup. That's a lot cheaper to do than to acquire 2-3 power hitters. Torres has been a gem but he's a career journeyman and he's not an everyday leadoff hitter but rather a complimentary piece. Just like Uribe (you probably think he's a regular starter at the MLB level too). Posey is not a #3 hitter in a playoff lineup yet either. Give me (and HIM) a break. He'd be perfect in the 6 hole. And why is Ishikawa in a starting lineup discussion?

Who are these "bunch of guys" waiting in the minor leagues you speak of to replace the starters you want to trade? There is nobody in Fresno that resembles a reliable major league starter.

Son, 1992 called and wants it's strategy back.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

HART is a blowhard and looks like a total queef can we stop talking about that blowhard the giants dont need him they should be interested in better

thebayareabeast

Absolutely not, quite the contrary as I am calling for Uribe and Renterias head, I would love to see them off the team but that would leave us with a swiss cheese team. I would also like to see Rowand off the team.

If we got DeJesus we still have a major power shortage. And where do you put him every day? If we are going to go out and get an everyday outifelder we need one with some thunder, not a guy who is going to hit .285 at AT&T Park. Hart at least would have a chance of hitting 15 bombs for us and driving in 45 runs in the second half.

I do not want to see DeJesus. If we get Corey Hart we at least have a couple guys in the middle of the order who can actually jack one once in a while.

And when I wrote out the lineup I forgot Burrell by the way. Schierholtz as well, this is the problem, we have a gang of guys who are not even everyday players. I want to pick up a beast. Hart is more of a beast than DeJesus.

Old Young
    Old Young's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lincecum has had a few stretches this year of games where he looks like he is having trouble finding his normal pitching motion and the results have not been the Lincecum of the prior two seasons. The Brewers can't hit though and Narveson is pretty awful so I'll take the bait on Lincecum with the hope he has an average start.

thebayareabeast

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    HART is a blowhard and looks like a total queef can we stop talking about that blowhard the giants dont need him they should be interested in better
    There is noone better available. Please tell me who we could go out and get???

The Brewers want Matt Cain for Fielder and theres no way in hell we are going to agree to that. Put Cain on a team that can hit and the guy is a 20 game winning inning eating horse easily.

The truth is Im not big on Hart either but its better than Schierholtz and Rowand come on now.

Nomadik
    Nomadik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Who said I don't win?
    Never mind man...forget I even said it. Not here to get into pissing contests. BOL on your plays

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Timmy needs to really search within himself and find what he's missing. He is not doing something right.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadik View Post
    Never mind man...forget I even said it. Not here to get into pissing contests. BOL on your plays
    I'm sorry if the # of posts/threads I make offends you.

thebayareabeast

Quote Originally Posted by Old Young View Post
    Lincecum has had a few stretches this year of games where he looks like he is having trouble finding his normal pitching motion and the results have not been the Lincecum of the prior two seasons. The Brewers can't hit though and Narveson is pretty awful so I'll take the bait on Lincecum with the hope he has an average start.
    The Brewers cant hit? They are one of the most potent hitting teams in the league. Don't mistake Sanchez and Bumgarners dominance for "The Brewers cant hit".

Correction: "The Brewers can't hit the Giants".

There I fixed it for you.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

leaning Milwaukee hard but can't pull the trigger

tatddy

Absolutely not, quite the contrary as I am calling for Uribe and Renterias head, I would love to see them off the team but that would leave us with a swiss cheese team. I would also like to see Rowand off the team.

If we got DeJesus we still have a major power shortage. And where do you put him every day? If we are going to go out and get an everyday outifelder we need one with some thunder, not a guy who is going to hit .285 at AT&T Park. Hart at least would have a chance of hitting 15 bombs for us and driving in 45 runs in the second half.

I do not want to see DeJesus. If we get Corey Hart we at least have a couple guys in the middle of the order who can actually jack one once in a while.

And when I wrote out the lineup I forgot Burrell by the way. Schierholtz as well, this is the problem, we have a gang of guys who are not even everyday players. I want to pick up a beast. Hart is more of a beast than DeJesus.
    Neither are beasts. You're not getting a beast. Just give up on it. There are no beasts to be had. You need 3 Harts to equal one beast. We had our chance to sign Vlad G. and Miguel C. and we didn't attack. Just be glad that Gary Matthews Jr. and Carlos Lee turned down the ridiculously huge offers that Sabean threw out there. And be glad that LaRoache turned down SF's offer to take less money in Arizona. Now you have Huff, who should be an all-star.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post

same here....ive really had no desire to touch this series from the jump.....

thebayareabeast

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    Yea we don't really care about physical appearances dude we want guys who can produce runs.

thebayareabeast

I'm unloading on SF tomorrow. Huge play for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    What's SF's record vs. lefties?

I'm not a big Narveson fan. Otherwise, I'd be all over MIL in this spot.

thebayareabeast

Quote Originally Posted by no coincidences View Post
    what's sf's record vs. Lefties?

I'm not a big narveson fan. Otherwise, i'd be all over mil in this spot.
    9-12 -5.9u

tatddy

Bet the over if you want action on this game. SF line look like a trap. I'm not sure SF will hit the lefty but they will do so enough to get to Mil's horrid bullpen. And Lince HATES pitching in the heat. HATES it. And it's friggen sweaty, Florida hot here right now in Mil.

thebayareabeast

"Traps" are overrated.

The line is what it is because Lincecum has not been himself lately and the Giants have been shit on the road for years.

Noone is setting any "traps" dude. I hate when people say that bullshit. You are giving the oddsmakers way too much credit and power, they are not Gods, they haven't the slightest damned clue what is going to unfold tomorrow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You are giving the oddsmakers way too much credit and power, they are not Gods, they haven't the slightest damned clue what is going to unfold tomorrow.

tatddy

"Traps" are overrated. The line is what it is because Lincecum has not been himself lately and the Giants have been shit on the road for years. Noone is setting any "traps" dude. I hate when people say that bullshit. You are giving the oddsmakers way too much credit and power, they are not Gods, they haven't the slightest damned clue what is going to unfold tomorrow.
    It's not that they know what's going to unfold, but rather that they want action on both sides beast. Maybe trap was a bad word to use.

thebayareabeast

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Instead of putting up an emoticon how about telling me what you are trying to claim instead. The oddsmakers "Know that the Brewers are going to win tomorrow"?

ok dude if you believe this why aren't you unloading your house on the brewer tomorrow?
    Last edited by thebayareabeast; 07-07-10 at 02:13 AM.

thebayareabeast

It's not that they know what's going to unfold, but rather that they want action on both sides beast. Maybe trap was a bad word to use.
    Trap is definitely a bad word to use, but don't worry about it, people claim it all the time. People act like the oddsmakers have a copy of the Grays Sports Almanac.

2daBank

if you love SF you may wanna wait cause the line dropping

2daBank

-130 at 5 dimes right now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Instead of putting up an emoticon how about telling me what you are trying to claim instead. The oddsmakers "Know that the Brewers are going to win tomorrow"?

ok dude if you believe this why aren't you unloading your house on the brewer tomorrow?
    Never said that.

The oddsmakers do know what they're doing, though.

Every number is where it is for a reason. And yes, they're sharp as shit. Not perfect, but there's definitely a method to it all and you'd be crazy to assume they're asleep at the wheel here or on any MLB line in July.

Fair warning.

thebayareabeast

It was -136 an hour ago.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if you love SF you may wanna wait cause the line dropping
    Have a feeling RLM is going to be a factor here before the opening pitch.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It was -136 an hour ago.
    That should be setting off in your head.

Again, I'm not necessarily saying Milwaukee is the play, but you just need to be careful with this one.

First 1234 Last