FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

April 7, 2010
    Florida Marlins ML -117 (Bet Jamaica)
    Risk 2.000 units to win 1.709 units

Opening Day was not what we wanted to see from the 2010 Florida Marlins. After surrendering an early dinger to David Wright, Josh Johnson settled into a groove until the 5th where after getting out of a BIG bases loaded jam in the inning before gave up a lead off triple to Jason Bay and then couple that with some walks and eventually left only to give away to 3 errors in that inning a big Mets rally, giving them a 7-1 W.

Not many positives in that last game at the dish so HOPEFULLY we can come back today and swing the bats a bit. The Mets are starting John Maine, who was actually moved in the rotation so Mike Pelfrey could be skipped as he has been DOMINATED by the Marlins throughout his career. Maine has had several problems this spring, giving up a total of 4 home runs, 14 runs while walking 10 in only 16 innings. Though spring stats may show struggles, Maine has faired quite well versus the Fish in his 10 career starts against them, 5-2 with a 3.12 ERA. One tidbit to note is that though he has 5 wins, both Hanley Ramirez and Jorge Cantu have feasted on his stuff. Hanley has 2 home runs in only 23 AB's while Cantu has hit over .400 in only 15 AB's. Maine would like to solve his spring troubles with a nice game tomorrow but hopefully he'll have to wait till start #2 to get that first W in 2010.

For the Fish, #2 Ricky Nolasco gets the nod to make his 2010 debut. As mentioned in an earlier thread, Nolasco had a wild ride in 2009, starting on Opening Day and then after 8 starts finding himself on the bus to AAA before coming back with a new confidence in his stuff and finishing 11-3. Throughout the spring, Nolasco has been amazing and at times simply unhittable. Though it means nothing due to the large amount of rookies and non-roster invitees, Ricky carried a No-NO late into the game versus the Astros before leaving it to the pen. In 5 spring starts, he went 3-0 with a 1.78 ERA and recorded 21K's, 17 hits, 5 ERs and the biggest stat, which plagued him before his demotion last year, only 1 walk. One scary thing to note as was seen with JJ in the spring and on Monday, 4 of the 5 runs Ricky gave up came the way of the long ball.

Today I like the Fish to pick up their first win of the year behind the strong arm of Ricky Nolasco, who if based on spring stats, shoulda got the Opening Day start and be the #1. I hope that the bats will wake up and Monday's struggles can simply be credited to the brilliance that is Johan Sanatana. One big thing today I want to see is how Cameron Maybin responds after an ABYSMAL game 1, going 0-4 with 3k's and just awful defense in center where easy pop flies left him dancing and Marlins fans screaming OLE!

Adding:
    Giants ML (-148 @ Bet Jamaica)
    Risk 1.500 units to win 1.014
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-07-10 at 01:09 AM.

DolphinSpurs
    Representin' that 305.
    DolphinSpurs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Displaced Fish Fan here. Will be checking in on this thread and hopefully can provide some info as i've been a lifelong fan. Marlins are always underrated nationally and hopefully we can make some $$ off of that. BOL this season

Zou_fan
    Zou_fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I really like your over 80.5 season wins as well. Good luck this season, I look forward to checking up on this thread.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post

you sure? we'll do it on the honor system at the end of the year ok? and if the loser does not have the 150 points at the end of the season then they must pay the winner 7pts a day until it's paid off ok?

Frozen if you want i can act as an escrow.. i think you know i wont screw you..

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Frozen if you want i can act as a escrow.. i think you know i wont screw you..
    no i know dude, i gotta get 150 points 1st lol, that gay free play was stupid lol

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Cards are a lock! Get on them now before the line goes up. You can thank me later.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post
    Cards are a lock! Get on them now before the line goes up. You can thank me later.
    Actually Cincy might be one of my plays today.. Public all over Cards and the Cards RL yet at the two sharp baseball books.. pinny and betphoenix are moving the line the other way?? Greek standing on there line so far.. it actually moved towards Cincy but now they are hanging the same original line again.. other books even opened this line at -130 like bet jamaica.. which shows they don't think the Cards are a heavy favorite either...

Its not offical for me.. but my gut lean is Cincy..

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

**** you you mother****ers!!!!!!i
    blowing a 6-1 lead with the ****in bums in the pen

pinto you ****in blow! And freddie are you ****in retarded, leaving in veras after he alreayd had given up 3 what the ****!!!!

Then leo balks in the tying run

you blow a w for ricky and now are tied, mother ****ing win!!!!!!! You lose this game this way and i go nuts!!!!!!!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

fake balk for the tie. marlins gotta get their defense together. missing double plays and not gettin to pop-ups and pinto walkin a batter when hes ahead in the count 0-2.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

yeha tell me about it dude.....this ****in team drives me nuts

freddie ****ed up leaving veras in too long, he sucks rooster, why not bring in badenhop

tjhey are going to lose after a big lead...this is gonna leave em on a 10+ game skid now

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

O MY GOD!!! i just saw the invisble balk...WHAT THE **** IS THAT!!!!

AKATDOG
    AKATDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

tight one...

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by AKATDOG View Post
    tight one...
    blow a 5 run lead, then 2 on in 9th and freddie the tard pinch hits bonifacio when paulino still on the bench.....un****in real, worst manager in the league, i hpe loria goes nuts after this

i'll bet 10000000000000000, watch a ****in walk off homer now.....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

O MY GOD!!! i just saw the invisble balk...WHAT THE **** IS THAT!!!!
    complete trash of a call, disgusting they're gonna lose because of that.

Glitch

marlins will finish my 4-teamer if they win. 50 to win 924

my brain was sayin mets but for some reason i had a good feeling about nolasco and the marlins today

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by cuse0323 View Post
    complete trash of a call, disgusting they're gonna lose because of that.
    never shoulda ****in went to that

blow a 5 run lead within 2 innings???

****in stupid gonzalez leaves ****in veras in after ****in up once what the ****!!!

Get me to the 10th leo!!!!!!!!!

Glitch

16 hits (fish) to 6 hits right now . disgusting that the game is tied

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

yes ronni ****ing paulino!!!!!!

I told ya 2 innigns ago to get him an ab with 2 men on

hold on to this ****in lead now

lock it down!!!!!!

Glitch

heard anything about this kid comin in? this closer? welcome to the big leagues son.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

nunez is the closer but already has like 2 inings

wood is decent, he can do it

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Fish holds on

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Booom

tim wood 1, 2, 3

nice ****in job kid, but what an abortion of a game......**** do we miss brian sanches, as noted in posts earlier,
    ricky was decent though 3 walks not a big fan cause ate up pitches and he only went 6 2/3 innings but certainly deserved a w.....

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

April 7, 2010
    Florida Marlins ML -117 (Bet Jamaica)
    Risk 2.000 units to win 1.709 units WINNER

Adding:
    Giants ML (-148 @ Bet Jamaica)
    Risk 1.500 units to win 1.014 WINNER

wow... what shoulda been an easy 2-0 day was WAY too ****in close, but atleast we got into the win column for the 1st time in 2010

no play tommorrow at the moment, as nate robertson makes his debut for the fish and it's hs first time vs NL hitters, which could make for a small play, but we'll see......

sorry for the wildness in the thread today with this game but blowing a 6-1 with stupidity and awful coaching and then invisible walks can not be dealt with and i ****in go nuts

starfire

lol, I almost threw my tv out the window

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    lol, I almost threw my tv out the window

dude after they blew that lead and it was 6-6 i was so mad, i got an instant headache....

this team......i live and die with em

starfire

Im still stunned on that bull shit balk call

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    Im still stunned on that bull shit balk call
    yeah i didnt see it live but saw the highlight i dnk what he did, he came set, checked the runner at 3rd looked down then up and was called for a balk, he never made a move towards home, i dont what that was

the biggest thing was baker missing that high fastball but saving the wild pitch getting tatis at home, OMG that was HUGEEEEEEE, though that ball shoulda never got past him, easy fastball must be caught

kmarinouofm

wow.. what a game.. lets go fish

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Fishies have major issues in the bullpen. Faded JJGold on his under earlier. Pinto and Veras fuked up for the Marlins and the Mets were never in it till that scenario occured. We totaled 6 hits to 17 from the Marlins. I'm leaning the under in tomorrows game.

CashMoney27
    CashMoney27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Welcome back everyone.....glad to be back for another year

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

That Cards game was easy! I hope you don't mind if I post a few winners in your thread.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Fishies have major issues in the bullpen. Faded JJGold on his under earlier. Pinto and Veras fuked up for the Marlins and the Mets were never in it till that scenario occured. We totaled 6 hits to 17 from the Marlins. I'm leaning the under in tomorrows game.
    yeah pen is scary, we need sanches back ASAP. thats 1 big thing i wish we woulda got another veteran arm for, but we do have vanden hurk and miller in AAA and could bring them up for long relief and in relief

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post
    That Cards game was easy! I hope you don't mind if I post a few winners in your thread.
    didn't bet it, i'm not a big fan of tailing people blindly, and no whatever dude if you post in here

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

April 8, 2010
    No Marlins play today as i want to see how robertson pitches. in his only spring start for us he was lights out, 7 innings, 6k's, 1 run and 1 walk....

i do like the cubs ML today

Cubs ML +163 @ Bet Jamaica
    risk 1.000 units to win 1.630 units
    -i'm a big randy wells fan and have him in several fantasy leagues...hanson can be spotty too, i like the chances and plus the cubs dont want to get swept in their first 2010 series

Good Luck
    Points Awarded:

kmarinouofm gave FrozenMAN 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kmarinouofm

sorry i laid off the cubs game.. but i saw some shit with the line that i didn't like.. solid win homie..actually watched the game with my dirty ass cubs hat that i wear when i work out..

u saw me today? i hit three posted dogs.. and i actually went 4-0 as i had cincy but was to late to post.. lets get them tomorrow.. i think Hiroda is dogshit and the Dodgers always start slow.. Fish usually start hot..

kmarinouofm

hey frozen just one marlins fan to another.. u know they have recently reprinted the old hats from the 90's right?

you can get modern new era hats in all teal.. or the teal with black brim.. i bought a recent teal with black brim.. i got on ebay a while back an original all teal marlins hat.. (still one of my favorite baseball hats of all time) .. but i am also going to buy a new one too..

I rock a lot of baseball hats.. what can i say..

First 12345 ... Last