atthehalf
    atthehalf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3452

First five moves

Miles gets the perfect situation pitching in front of the #1 team defense against an underwhelming Pirates offense. Mikolas went 6 frames in his final spring start across 66 pitches and could cruise to another quality start. Again I wouldn't be terribly upset with a tie after the first five-at least you can get your money back

Nothing can f*ck off your money faster than a bullpen.

Two aces facing one another in an under making park? Give it to me.

Rot.#952 Red Birds-155 ML FIRST FIVE Mikolas

Rot#955 Fish/Giants UNDER 3.5 +100 FIRST FIVE

atthehalf

Follow the money

atthehalf

The full game moneyline is Fathers-154 and -172 for the FIRST FIVE ML. I have Musgrove as the #3 ranked pitcher today facing Davies who is an obvious do not start proposition.

Rot.#963 Fathers-0.5 -120 FF Musgrove

atthehalf

3-0 follow the money

atthehalf

On Sunday some of my top 10's pitchers will be facing one another in two events so looks like there will be some advantages to getting through the first five frames with both of them going for the money. I only see two sides that I like so far. I will have to check on the wind for one of the totals however because the game is at Wrigley

atthehalf

Why first fives? Because in the event that a tie happens after the first five frames a PUSH will occur and I get my money back if I am on the ML. There is more risk involved with a favorite first five RL. Nevertheless over the course of a season those pushes will help the bottom line +/EV. Bullpens crush dreams. I want to avoid that happening as much as possible

atthehalf

More moves.

There are two top ten ranked arms going for the Brews and Cubs, Fish and Giants. As far as the Metropolitans/Nats Carrasco may not have enough gas in the can to go for 5 frames and Fedde is a gas can. Bubic is a tier 3 starter for the Royals and facing a Guardians lineup that is off a shutout loss-translated they will be swinging for the fences in an aggressive manner. Urquidy is a top 10 for today and Suarez is a fantasy league DO NOT START option. No one is worried about explanations. All you want are wins.

Rot.#911 Fish/Giants UNDER 4 -105 First Five
    Rot.#925 Astronauts-113 Urquidy First Five
    Rot.#921 Guardians-103 Quantrill First Five
    Rot.#901 Metropolitans/Nationals OVER 5 -120 First Five
    Rot.#907 Brews/Cubs UNDER 3.5 -105 First Five

atthehalf

My my my...that Zach Eflin looks mighty tasty first five-however the chalk is too high for my liking...

atthehalf

What a pisser...Peralta got shelled early in the first inning and although he settled down, the 3 runs made for some alka seltzer moments; especially when the total is only 3.5. The 4th run came in the next inning so it didn't take long for the beer break. I am not exactly sure how the Metropolitans and Nats didn't go over with all of the baserunners. I needed timely hits and didn't get them. I feel good about the moves and the losses feel more like collateral damage than a beat down.

On Monday I will go boldly where no man has gone before and take the Orioles+0.5 FF with gas can Zimmerman only because they got shutout today and will be swinging for the fences. I like the Jays with Manoah. Taillon is a gas can waiting to explode against the mighty Jays offense. Tijuan Walker showed great reduction in his velocity during the spring and has a bum knee-a fantasy league no-go for sure. Suarez gets the nod as my #3 ranked pitcher for tomorrow. The Tigers and Red Sox have two bottom tier arms going for them tomorrow and one if not both may not make it through five frames; leaving baserunners for batters to feast on with RBI opportunities. Anibal Snchez is the exact bottom ranked pitcher for tomorrow going against Ynoa my #5 ranked. The juice may make this one a no-go considering that the Nats have yet to hit with any semblance of normalcy this season. Lastly I am hoping and praying that Alex Wood is good to go against Nick Martinez and the Fathers. That would make for a perfect opportunity for a UNDER in a park that is very unforgiving at night for runs to score. So here is what I am looking at in list form.

Jays FIRST FIVE Manoah
    Blunts FIRST FIVE Suarez
    Tigers/Red Sox OVER FIRST FIVE
    Orioles+0.5 FIRST FIVE
    Braves ML FIRST FIVE (CONTINGENT ON THE AMOUNT OF VIG)
    Fathers/Giants UNDER FF (ONLY IF MARTINEZ VS WOOD)

atthehalf

Quote Originally Posted by atthehalf View Post
    My my my...that Zach Eflin looks mighty tasty first five-however the chalk is too high for my liking...
    Glad I didn't buy that!

atthehalf

2-2-1 today. those pushes are famous and one occurred with the Fish/Giants TOTAL; makes that Brews/Cubs total loss magnified because one less run and 3-1-1 is a distinct possibility. Oh well..as Shoebox used to say..ONWARD AND UPWARD

atthehalf

Blast away and don't ever look back

4/11/22

Rot.#957 Fathers/Giants UNDER 4.5 -115 FF
    Rot.#965 Jays-110 Manoah FF
    Rot.#961 Tigers/Red Sox OVER 5 -125 FF
    Rot.#954 Blunts-150 Suarez FF
    Rot.#970 Orioles+0.5 -110 Zimmerman FF

atthehalf

Oh my goodness! There's a whale of a schedule tomorrow on Tuesday.

I think that pretty much every single MLB team is in action tomorrow.

I see SEVERAL FIRST FIVE opportunities with gas cans and ace material starters facing one another and only one side sticks out glaringly and that would be Velasquez and the Pale Hose as a FALSE FAVORITE over the Sailors and it doesn't matter who they put out there. Velasquez shouldn't be favored in any platform.

I like Eric Lauers's stuff; however the Orioles have yet to name a starter and may bring up a farm hand for a spot start. So far I have penciled in 5 UNDER FIRST FIVE MOVES AND 5 OVER FIRST FIVE MOVES and the one side with the Sailors

Stay tuned. I like to get my shots in EARLY instead of waiting for line movement, etc

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Quote Originally Posted by atthehalf View Post
    Blast away and don't ever look back

4/11/22

Rot.#957 Fathers/Giants UNDER 4.5 -115 FF
    Rot.#965 Jays-110 Manoah FF
    Rot.#961 Tigers/Red Sox OVER 5 -125 FF
    Rot.#954 Blunts-150 Suarez FF
    Rot.#970 Orioles+0.5 -110 Zimmerman FF
    Jumped on Det/Bos OV 5.

atthehalf

Damn...I forgot one thing about scheduling my first five bombs with totals; include the park factor. The Comerica Park's Park Factor is a 50/50 park that plays neutral at -98 good for 20th in the league. Translated I should have passed on the OVER as a result. No big deal. I was slippin. Fool me once, shame on the books. Fool me twice shame on me. I won't be forgetting to do this again.

atthehalf

Damn...Wood didn't give me my five frames for the Giants. Time to sweat this one out!

atthehalf

3-2 on the day with a little lost vig due to Suarez shaky 1st inning and not performing my park factor homework for Sox and Tigers. You live and you learn. As Shoebox always said-onwards and upwards

atthehalf

Two aces in a 25th ranked ballpark that is a weighted 95? I will take it with Darvish and Cobb.

As discussed Velasquez shouldn't be favored in any platform-I seriously doubt that he makes the full 5 frames. Brash and the Sailors it is. And it doesn't hurt that they are off of a shutout loss.

Everyone knows that Rangers Ballpark is the designated home of Nasa sending rockets into orbit. Having 2 fantasy leagues don't start propositions facing one another in Kuhl and Perez you may as well get out the binoculars and earplugs shortly after countdown.

Bombers off of a shutout loss against a DO NOT START pitcher like Kikuchi? Don't overthink this.

I am taking a flyer on the Brews with Lauer who has electric stuff and the backing of a team fresh off a shutout loss swinging for the fences for him. Lauer may or may not give me my 5 frames given a small delay to his spring, however he is sitting 94+ mph after already gaining velocity last year to 92+. I'm excited to see what he is capable of. As for the Orioles, they haven't even named a starter for Tuesday...so much for planning ahead. The Brews hitters may get to feast on their less than stellar bullpen offerings. In the event that Laeur doesn't make it the full 5 frames the Brews bullpen is one of the best in MLB. No line has been assigned for this one yet. When it does I will be along with that..

Rot.#907 Fathers/Giants UNDER 4 -120 FF

Rot.#911 Sailors+100 ML Brash FF

Rot.#927 Rox/Wanderers OVER 6 +100 FF

Rot.#919 Brews ML Lauer FF 9NO LINE ASSIGNED)

Rot.#916 Bombers-130 ML Cortes FF

atthehalf

Update

Rot.#919 Brews-150 ML Lauer FF

atthehalf

Tomorrow is ACE DAY in MLB-so many aces on the bump you can lose track!

Anyway 2 PUSH moves tonight. That's why I like FIRST FIVE MOVES. You can't get a PUSH on a full game move-your money is at the mercy of the bullpen. never hurts to get your money back instead of losing it

atthehalf

Yesterday...

Rot.#907 Fathers/Giants UNDER 4 -120 FF L
    Rot.#911 Sailors+100 ML Brash FF PUSH

Rot.#927 Rox/Wanderers OVER 6 +100 FF L

Rot.#919 Brews ML FF Lauer PUSH

Rot.#916 Bombers-130 ML Cortes FF WIN

1-2-2

atthehalf

Today....the FF runline for the Jays isn't up yet, I will be back with that

Rot.#965 Sailors-115 Ray FF
    Rot.#961 A's/Rays UNDER 3.5 +100 FF
    Rot.#967 Guardians/Red Leggins OVER 5 -115 FF
    Rot.#963 Jays+0.5 NL Berrios FF
    Rot.#956 Blunts-110 ML Nola FF

atthehalf

Rot.#963 Jays+0.5 -115 RL Berrios FF

atthehalf

Wowzers! Guardians averaging 12.5 runs over there last 3! The weather in Cincy is looking a little dreary however. It should rain a bit-it would be good to get those 5 frames in before it does!

atthehalf

There's some voodoo needed out here in Tampa; well St. Pete. The A's blasted McClanahan in the third; hold the line y'all!

atthehalf

Pissers! The Rays foiled the money with a score

atthehalf

2-3 yesterday to my bewilderment. There have been some narrow 1 run losses; and the bright side some pushes-gotta get all Billy Walters today and add on more moves to produce more opportunity for gains

Gibson vs Alcantara in a tough park to score runs? Yesh. Dome so no problem with wind.

Brubaker is in a lion cage dressed in a filet mignon suit, and Adon just has to maintain his control. He doesn't go by the nickname Coffee Cakes for nothing. Adon is facing a mediocre Buccos team at the end of the day.

Ohtani is my #3 ranked starter on the day vs Dunning who is a fantasy league DO NOT START

Morton is #1 ranked starter for the day going against #4 ranked Musgrove in a pitcher friendly park. 10 MPH wind blowing directly at the right field foul territory. Under it is.

Gausman is #7 vs Severino ranked #10. With two top 10's facing one another in a park that plays pretty neutral the flyer is worth the risk as joes will be all over the over given their inflated ERA's early this year. Wind is blowing out to right at only 15 MPH so hold down them lefties!

Gilbert is coming in at #11 and Lambert is #21 a DNS (DO NOT START) proposition. Gilbert still has some kinks to work out in his slider and changeup-he may get exposed; however Lambert is the one more likely to not make it through 5 frames

What do you get when two DNS pitchers in Steele and Freeland are facing one another in the stadium with the highest park factor in the bigs? Exactly. You are allowed to refill your nachos and grab a beer only in between innings. Freeland's strikeout spree against the Dodgers is an anomaly and he is nothing more than a spin of the wheel any given night. The wind is blowing to the right field foul line-that's not too much of an issue as the altitude is wonderful for moon shots and extra base knocks.

Rot.#905 Blunts/Fish UNDER 4 -110 FF

Rot.#903 Nats+105 ML FF Adon

Rot.#919 Halos-145 ML FF Ohtani

Rot.#907 Braves/Fathers UNDER 3.5 +100 FF

Rot.#917 Jays/Bombers UNDER 4.5 -115 FF

Rot.#915 Sailors-110 ML FF Gilbert

Rot.#909 Cubs/Rox OVER 6 -115 FF
    Last edited by atthehalf; 04-14-22 at 06:36 AM.

atthehalf

Evening tasties

Rot.#921 Tigers/Royals OVER 4.5 FF

Greinke and Mize vs the wind blowing OUT of Kauffman Stadium and it's +101 perk factor. Give it to me

atthehalf

Damn I got buried up to my neck and then stoned by the multitude yesterday. I took a one run loss with the totals for Tigers/Royals and Blunts/Fish, and then Ohtani blew my fantasy league by giving up runs by the bushel load. Seeing Ohtani struggle as a pitcher is a little different than others. I don't expect for him to go past the 130 innings mark he hit last year despite never going on the IL. Each disaster like that one makes a larger impact than the typical starter. It wasn't a fun time. And I have him in two leagues! Yikes!

2-6 yesterday and I am determined to not be the bug today and be the windshield. I am using some of my tier 1 fantasy league auto starts today; and taking a flyer on Ryan of the Twins vs Pivetta who I used as a strikeout player in another league. He has VERY risky ratios. I had a notion to use the Halos' Detmer today-however the Wanderers offense looks pretty strong right now. Not with my money. MacKinzie Gore gets a debut start , but how long will he go? And against Atlanta? I am excited to just watch this one and see. On another note-drop any Rays pitcher from your leagues. Coach Cash isn't allowing guys to go the full 5 frames even though some are getting a strikeout per inning or so..

Rot.#955 Blunts/Fish UNDER 4 -115 FF DOUBLE DOWN

Rot.#965 Twins+100 ML FF Ryan (Simple flyer play)

Rot.#979 Giants-150 ML FF Rodon (#1 ranked auto start today)

Rot.#972 Pale Hose-140 Cease FF (#4 ranked auto start today)

Rot.#958 Brews-155 ML Peralta FF (#3 ranked auto start today)

atthehalf

This is the day that we've all been waiting for. A nice sunny Baltimore day and the wind is blowing out-and the Bombers are in town.

Zac Gallen gets his first start of the season against Carrasco. Runs will be hard to come by.

I am unashamedly chasing that golden under in Miami-lay off if you must

Nick Martinez is one of my top tier fantasy studs going for me today. the Braves bats have been a little cold lately and the park is famous for being stingy.

Out at Kauffman Stadium there are two DNS pitchers facing one another and neither of them have enough spin rotation to get the ball past a 14U travel ball player.

That brings us to this: I am using Houck in two leagues today hoping and praying to cash in BIG TIME when no one else believes in him but his parents. It's sort of puzzling for him to be favored with an ERA of 8.10. If this man can find a way to out duel Sonny Gray I can lose each and every single FF move and still make a tidy profit

Rot.#925 Bombers/Orioles OVER 5 +100 FF

Rot.#901 Snakes/Metropolitans UNDER 4 -110 FF

Rot.#905 Blunts/Fish UNDER 4 -120 FF DOUBLE DOWN

Rot.#904 Fathers-108 ML FF Martinez

Rot.#921 Tigers/Royals OVER 4.5 -115 FF

Rot.#920 Red Sox-125 ML FF Houck FANTASY PLAY OF THE DAY

Rot.#903 Braves/Fathers UNDER 4 FF

atthehalf

Adding in some

Rot.#909 Cardinals/Brews OVER 4.5 -115 FF

The wind is blowing to dead center 15 MPH. Let's get it

atthehalf

Oh what a feeling to make 3.3 dimes off of Houck and the red Sox yesterday with only $150 risked on the leagues I started him in. I forgot about all of my other moves to be quite frank.

I am blasting away today with my PLAY OF THE DAY David Peterson and the Metropolitans. He should definitely go at least 5-6 frames for the money against a pedestrian Snakes team. A bit pricey so I went the route of the RL FF.

My streamer on Brash and the Sailors went well in the debut game ;last week wherein he set the MLB world on fire against the Pale Hose and drew the Astronauts this evening. Don't bench him. let's see some more wicked breakers and high heaters.

#3 on my fantasy squad for today is Alek Manoah. if you've got him-start him.

The only move that I can look at and roll with the definitive "yeah this is the one not to worry about is the Rays Feyereisen who more than likely won't go more than 3 frames-so I took the Rays offense to damage Velasquez-who should NEVER be favored. Those who aren't doing fantasy can go with the Rays Team Total to go OVER

My #1 starter for today is Wheeler and the Blunts-he should quell the flames and put an end to the foolishness that has been the Fish

Rot.#978 Sailors-110 ML FF Brash

Rot.#954 Metropolitans-0.5 -125 RL FF Peterson (STREAMER OF THE DAY)

Rot.#955 Blunts-155 ML FF Wheeler (Don't overthink this)

Rot.#970 Jays-0.5 -160 RL FF Manoah

Rot.#973 Rays-102 ML FF Feyereisen

atthehalf

It's Monday....

I like where Triston McKenzie is after dominating last week, boasting a fastball at 93/94 mph. I am starting him even against the Pale Hose.

Montas and the A's get the nod here in this spot facing a DNS starter.

I like what I saw in Lorenzen as he faced the Fish. It's a taller order vs the Astronauts, but the upside os too good to pass on-even with Mike Trout out with a hand injury

Alex Cobb vs megill -seriously-just roll these guys out there with confidence to start your week

Rot.#916 Guardians-125 ML FF McKenzie
    Rot.#920 A's-0.5 RL FF Montas
    Rot.#917 Halos+0.5 RL FF Lorenzen
    Rot.#903 Giants/Metropolitans UNDER 3.5 -120 FF

atthehalf

Merrill Kelly is a move that I would be making everywhere that I can in fantasy leagues today. I personally made moves in 4 different leagues with him trying to break the piggy bank. His changeup has looked great while his fastball command is carrying him through games. Plus the values are extreme given the Snakes less than stellar record. I wouldn't mind at all the 2K in earnings that I stand to make should he hold true to form.

Charlie Morton-you're starting him because DUH!

Start Triston McKenzie against the Pale Hose no matter what.

Rodon/Bassitt -just start them-don't even think about it. So go with the UNDER FF

Mikolas is fresh off a 7 K performance and is the POD. I am using him in 2 leagues

Snakes+105 ML FF Kelly (FANTASY ALL STAR MOVE)
    Braves+100 ML FF Morton
    Guardians-115 ML FF McKenzie
    Cardinals+113 ML FF Mikolas (POD)
    Cardinals/Fish UNDER 4 -115 FF Mikolas/Alcantara
    Giants/Metropolitans UNDER 3.5 -130 FF Rodon/Bassitt

atthehalf

3-2-1 yesterday with a MASSIVE fantasy gain with Merrill Kelly!

PUT THESE BOYS BELOW INTO YOUR FANTASY LINEUPS BY THE RANK #'S NEXT TO THEIR NAMES

Today

Jays/Red Sox UNDER 4.5 -115 FF Houck (#8) /Gausman (#1)
    Pale Hose-145 ML FF Cease (#2)
    Metropolitans/Giants UNDER 4 -110 FF Carrasco(#6)/DeSclafani (#7)
    Fish-125 ML FF Lopez (#3)
    Twins-135 ML FF Ryan (#4)
    A's-125 Blackburn (#9) PLAY OF THE DAY AND BEST VALUE

1234 ... Last