riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Thanks brother, very good insight. Are you a GM for MLB ??? If not should be. The Red Sox need one desperately.
    Haha nope. Played baseball up until a year and a half into college. Decided being in a touring band was more fun at the time and fell out of it...

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Remember Bill James ???
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

riffraff24

ehhhh fukkit...im on Nats. Lets go!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Guys - I ended up playing
    Giants +1/2, +1 (only lose half is Giants lose)
    Under 7
    Also played a stupid parlay with Nats +1
    Just couldn't determine a side and seeing a close game.
    To be honest I'd be ok if the parlay lost, as I have Giants +425 NL Champs...need them to advance.

Tonight I have Cards +1 (-134)
    Last edited by RollinDo; 10-06-14 at 05:03 PM.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

on giants and cardinals...

drfunkmaster
    printing it

After being tagged for four first-inning runs vs. SF on September 12th and reportedly hitting 90 mph only once, Hyun-Jin Ryu was removed before the start of the second. He said it was similar to the injury he dealt with in May (shoulder irritation) that landed him on the 15-day disabled list. Ryu has been off since that day almost a month ago. We can somewhat understand why Ryu is favored here. He’s been consistent ever since he arrived in the big leagues. Excellent control is one of Ryu's greatest assets (29 BB in 152 innings). His command is in great shape due to a reasonable strikeout total and he continues to keep the ball on the ground at a very decent rate of 47%. However, Ryu is not unhittable. He has an average strikeout rate to go along with his average swing and miss rate. Furthermore, we have no idea how durable he’s going to be or if he’s 100%. The Dodgers really have no choice but to take their chances with him here because every other starter they have besides Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke is a huge risk and this is pivotal Game 3. Current Cardinals have 10 hits in 34 AB’s against Ryu for a BA of .294 and while that’s a very small sample size, it came at a time when Ryu was sharp and he may not be close to being as sharp here. We’re not assuming anything. Perhaps Ryu is on his game and if that comes to pass, we still prefer the Cardinals in St. Louis where they won 51 out of 81 games. They are even tougher to beat in the playoffs at Busch Stadium and they have to be feeling pretty damn good after leaving L.A with a split. The Cardinals survived the best one-two punch in the league by splitting against Kershaw and Greinke and could have easily swept after tying it up late in Game 2. John Lackey brings a wealth of playoff experience into this one and we like what we’ve seen from him recently. Over his last five starts, Lackey’s swing and miss rate was an elite 15%. Over that span he struck out 26 batters in 29 innings. Lackey brings pinpoint control and elite command with him to the mound. He's still inducing grounders at a healthy level and at Busch he went 2-0 with a 2.38 ERA over five starts with an oppBA of .238 since the trade that brought him to St. Louis. Unlike the Dodgers, Cards manager Mike Matheny had options besides Lackey. He could have just as easily chosen Michael Wacha or Shelby Miller to start Game 3 but Lackey has the skills and experience to give the Cardinals the best shot of winning. It should also be noted that with Yadier Molina behind the plate, the Cardinals have won 8 out of 10 games in the NLDS, which is a winning percentage of .800. That’s good enough reason for us to step in.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

bumgarner is a certified idoit!!!!

drfunkmaster
    printing it

game over.... Nationals win!!!

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Guys - I ended up playing
    Giants +1/2, +1 (only lose half is Giants lose)
    Under 7
    Also played a stupid parlay with Nats +1
    Just couldn't determine a side and seeing a close game.
    To be honest I'd be ok if the parlay lost, as I have Giants +425 NL Champs...need them to advance.

Tonight I have Cards +1 (-134)
    Giants will be NL champs if they play the Cards. If they play my Dodgers on the other hand, thats a different story. I'm not just saying that because i'm a homer, but the Dodgers definitely play the Giants tough. A lot tougher than they do the Cards and Nats.

riffraff24

Dodgers are dogs again. I'm taking them.

Let's do it pumpkin head!!!

Name:  FrPcBvN.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  38.1 KB

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Well...my bad bet of day was Giants.
    Had Cards +1...
    Nats +1 / Philly Eagles +3 parlay
    Hoping Cards close out series tomorrow and knock out LAD.

First 12