Mr. Miyagi
    Mr. Miyagi's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-1 yesterday (21-8 last 29) 1 GAME FOR TUESDAY

Monday’s Recap: 2-1 (+1.24 Units)
    SF Giants -1.5 +145
    SEA Mariners -120
    TEX Rangers -110
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ONE OFF THE CARD FOR TUESDAY:
    Yankees RHP Hiroki Kuroda (10-6, 2.38 ERA) at White Sox LHP Chris Sale (6-11, 2.92 ERA), 8:10 EST.

Line: White Sox -128, Yankees +118 (Pinnacle)
    Game 2 of a 3 game series continues tonight in Chicago as a pair of aces square off in what should be a great game. The Yankees got waxed last night as the White Sox pounded Andy Petite for 11 hits and 7 earned runs en route to an easy victory. The game was pretty much over after 3 innings as the Sox jumped out to a 7-0 lead and never looked back.
    The Yankees who haven’t won back to back games since July 11-12 are sitting at 6-10 since the All Star Break, we get the feeling this season is starting to slip away from Joe Girardi’s team. The one bright spot for the injury riddled pinstripes this season has been the superb play of Hiroki Kuroda. He’s given up 2 runs in his past 33 innings; he’s second in the AL in ERA and 4th in WHIP. Every time out he gives the Yankees their best chance to win.
    The White Sox counter with their ace, lanky 6’6” lefty Chris Sale. As good as Kuroda has been this season Sale has been just as impressive. Sale leads the league in innings pitched per start with an impressive 7.1 per. He has only allowed 13 HR’s and 31 BB’s in 144 innings pitched. A walk/HR allowed every 3.2 innings is fantastic and is one of our main handicapping indicators and statistics. We love a guy that pounds the strike zone doesn’t not fall behind in counts and keeps his pitch count low.
    The White Sox’ postseason chances are done and the Yankees are fading fast. Although we don’t think this will be a true pitcher’s duel we think it’ll be low scoring and like Sale’s White Sox to take it to the Yankees yet again.
    Prediction: White Sox 5, Yankees 2
    PLAY ON: White Sox -128

Mr. Miyagi

The line is going the other way on us, no worries we think Sale rolls tonight

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

bol

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kuroda has been outpitching Sale for more than a month now. Yanks have one of the best pens in MLB, Sox one of the worst. Good luck but I don't see a lot to like in this pick. Seems like a total tossup and a game to avoid IMHO but would lean NYY.

Mr. Miyagi

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
    Kuroda has been outpitching Sale for more than a month now. Yanks have one of the best pens in MLB, Sox one of the worst. Good luck but I don't see a lot to like in this pick. Seems like a total tossup and a game to avoid IMHO but would lean NYY.
    Sale is posting a .187 BA against at home with a 2.28 ERA and .89 WHIP. With the Yankees dead last in the league in extra base hits it's going to take a 3-4 hit inning for them to get any runs across. We don't think the Sox will need more than an inning out of the their pen tonight. We see this game as a huge mismatch of a top notch pitcher going against a weak, struggling lineup. BOL to you DownGoesBookie with your games tonight.

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the insight and being a generally nice dude Mr. Miyagi, BOL!!

hubbard689

It does scare me a little though that 63% of the public and 79% of "experts" are on the Yanks though... covers.com/pageloader/pageloader.aspx?page=/data/MLB/matchups/g4_summary_8.html

Down_Goes Bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    With the Yankees dead last in the league in extra base hits
    Yes, but now they have A-Rod back.

BOL Mr. Miyagi.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Miyagi who is the 'we' in the writeups? Pretend its a 5th grade report, site your source.

Mr. Miyagi

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    Miyagi who is the 'we' in the writeups? Pretend its a 5th grade report, site your source.
    'We' is me whtsox13, well me and a few stat geek kids on payroll, lol. I just stumbled across this forum and decided to contribute a couple write-ups from our daily card. No big deal, just here to share and give insight. Feel free to look over my past posts and you will find we addressed the plagiarism issue already

Mr. Miyagi

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
    Yes, but now they have A-Rod back.

BOL Mr. Miyagi.
    Don't make me laugh, A Rod couldn't get an extra base knock if the ball was sitting on a tee.

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

White sux score the 2nd least runs in the league, only ahead of the lastros. Sale is good, but I don't see how anyone can throw money at a team that lost 10 in a row and has gone 4-14 since the All-Star Break. By no means is this buried yet so BOL but I just can't trust them no matter how good the line is.

Down_Goes Bookie

Nice pick Mr. Miyagi. Stayed off this one myself but good call -- tight one as expected.

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

yep good call. I did not participate but as usual, you turn a profit.

THE REVEREND
    THE REVEREND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I was with you on white Sox -129,Mr.Miyagi.Your info. And picks are golden! I'm a believer for sure. Keep it going Mr.Miyagi we appreciate it very much!

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

not gonna lie.. this man is gold and on point with his picks

hubbard689

Winner. Winner. Chicken. Dinner. #webeastin

matelionis
    matelionis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Anything you like today Mr. Miyagi?

Charlie103

Quote Originally Posted by matelionis View Post
    Anything you like today Mr. Miyagi?
    He is getting stats together analyzing as we speak

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He starts a new thread every day look for the Wednesday one.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good play mr miyagi

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Feels good to be on the winning side of a comeback like this for once.

Charlie103

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Feels good to be on the winning side of a comeback like this for once.
    Yes it does.. Great pick on again Miyagi

THE REVEREND
    THE REVEREND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Mr. Miyagi has the Midas touch! Thank you , sir !

theplaya
    theplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt he is gonna post anymore. Mods have already caught onto what he is doing

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

What was he doing?

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea what did he do?

Charlie103

He's making legit picks, what's wrong with that??? I don't understand

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Hopefully he is back today for business as usual. No reason not to be.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

im thinking MODs thought he was either trying to eventually go tout, or maybe even trying to influence lines. the ole' pump and dump routine. i wish a MOD would come clear this up tho.

hubbard689

how would he hope to influence lines through posting like 1-2 picks a day and getting a few people to follow? how is that different than the other 100 daily threads with people's picks?

although it does seem like he's disappeared...

ItsMeMrMattE

The MODs definitely bumped him. threw his last post in the Sports Promotions and Links section? and ya i dont know how his posts could influence lines, theres no big timers on SBR. but its a scheme you see sometimes in penny stock play. so im sure it happens every now and then in sports markets as well.

he comes in posts a couple of winners with accurate write ups. builds up poster confidence in his picks. posters progressively risk higher stakes based on his write ups. at some point he switches sides and starts promoting the side hes going against in hopes of blind money coming in and creating better value for his actual bet. idk im just guessing tho. thats kind of how it works in penny stock pump and dumps. someone buys in cheap, goes on forums like these and boasts the stock, people buy in. original buyer turns around and dumps his shares at a profit, creating a loss for everyone else. but even if thats what he was doing, why not let it be SBR. were all adults here and are capable of making our own decisions about what we bet and dont bet. i just hate how invovled the MODs get sometimes. from a business stand point i can understand booting posters that are blatantly advertising a tout service, but booting for suspicion of anything else is just a little ridiculous imo.
    Last edited by ItsMeMrMattE; 08-08-13 at 05:20 PM.

theplaya
    theplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really people? The guy does not post all of his picks yet boost about extra wins that no one ever saw. His write ups r just like how touts do them. Plus on top of that he makes 200+ thousand a year On betting. doesn't that make anyone of u second guess his motives? Also note his last thread has been moved to promotions.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by theplaya View Post
    Really people? The guy does not post all of his picks yet boost about extra wins that no one ever saw. His write ups r just like how touts do them. Plus on top of that he makes 200+ thousand a year On betting. doesn't that make anyone of u second guess his motives? Also note his last thread has been moved to promotions.
    Yup. You sheep can get all his shit there.

I don't know what so hard about this. He can post all he wants.

ItsMeMrMattE

Quote Originally Posted by theplaya View Post
    so what are you saying he was trying to tout? and if so who cares. not at any time did he say anything about go to this web site for my other picks or if you want my picks for tomorrow email me. i just dont see what he did to violate any of SBRs terms.

12 Last