swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by soul786 View Post
    Hope this isn't too dumb a question BUT:

For the filtered plays, are they a chase also? For example, game one of the series is home fave at -155 and o/u 9 is posted. If that game loses do we chase to the next game or is that it? Count the loss?

What if the line moves from o/u 9 to o/u 7?

Still new to baseball, looking for enlightenment
    Yes, a filtered series is played just like regular series, just have to meet a higher standard before it qualifies as a play. In your example, you'd chase the game 1 loss with game 2, then game 3 if 2 loses. If 3 loses it's a series loss, next qualifying series starts on line 1 (game 1) of your labby line, assuming your using a 3 line labby.

The criteria for filtered (o/u 9) or regular (-145 or higher) plays are applied to game 1 only, to determine whether series is or isn't a play. Chase losses only. Once you win, that series is over. Hope this helps.

thelimit0310
    thelimit0310's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey swordsandtequila, thanks a lot for your quick answer! So then it seems the answer to my question is yes, if a team is mid homestand and starts a new 3 game or more series against a new team, and that 1st game qualifies, then that is a play. If anyone could confirm that for me I would appreciate it and thanks again guys.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

You got it. Once you get a few under your belt it's not too complicated.
    Points Awarded:

thelimit0310 gave swordsandtequila 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Yes, a filtered series is played just like regular series, just have to meet a higher standard before it qualifies as a play. In your example, you'd chase the game 1 loss with game 2, then game 3 if 2 loses. If 3 loses it's a series loss, next qualifying series starts on line 1 (game 1) of your labby line, assuming your using a 3 line labby.

The criteria for filtered (o/u 9) or regular (-145 or higher) plays are applied to game 1 only, to determine whether series is or isn't a play. Chase losses only. Once you win, that series is over. Hope this helps.
    Thanks that cleared it up perfect

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9679

I read 1/2 the thread, but I think i read no bets for sunday? Next bet is on MONDAY?

knugen
    Update your status
    knugen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5460

Next possible bet are for monday

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Series to look at for Monday:

APRIL 9

Orioles vs Yankees
    Blue Jays vs Red Sox
    Indians vs White Sox
    Twins vs Angels
    Athletics vs Royals
    Rangers vs Mariners
    Mets vs Nationals
    Phillies vs Marlins
    Cubs vs Brewers
    Reds vs Cardinals
    Astros vs Braves
    Rockies vs Giants

AwesomeGuy
    AwesomeGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Looks like the probable plays so far are:

Yankees -155; O/U 9.5 <--------------- IGNORE; YANKEES NOT AT HOME.
    Rangers -214; O/U 9 (Do we play RL for this?)
    Phillies -150; O/U 7
    Rockies -165; O/U 9.5
    Last edited by AwesomeGuy; 04-08-12 at 04:42 PM.

darrendice
    Baffled by baseball
    darrendice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Yankees aren't at home. The others I expect to be the plays.

on3
    on3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3372

good start so far. quick note on the -200 favs and the RL plays. im not playing anything RL until the first 2 weeks of the season are done. too much volatility to be playing RLs in my opinion. i recommend either playing the -200 and drink the juice, or pass. plays are graded on the ML unless otherwise stated.

System record 4-0-0; 1-0-0
    Units +5
    1 unit = $20

4/9

#5 -- miami @ PHI -150 (A) -- o/u 7
    #6 -- san fran @ COL -163 (A) -- o/u 9.5
    #7 -- seattle @ TEX -215 (A) -- o/u 9

Game 1 win = 4-0
    Game 2 win = 0-0
    Game 3 win = 0-0

Labby Line (regular)

10-10-10-10 (new)

10-10-10-10

10-10-10-10

Labby Line (filter)

10-10-10-10 (new)

PHI to win 20
    COL to win 20
    TEX to win 20

COL to win 20 (filtered)
    TEX to win 20 (filtered)

5 plays tomorrow.

J.M. Disciple

5 plays tomorrow? Are we betting COL and Texas twice? Sorry I am still a bit confused.

Or I should ask why are texas and Col double bets? Filtered bets over 9 count as two plays? If these were "C bets" would we then be betting two C bets on them?
    Last edited by J.M. Disciple; 04-08-12 at 06:57 PM.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
    5 plays tomorrow? Are we betting COL and Texas twice? Sorry I am still a bit confused.

Or I should ask why are texas and Col double bets? Filtered bets over 9 count as two plays? If these were "C bets" would we then be betting two C bets on them?

In short, yes. COL and TEX meet the criteria for the filtered play, so on3 is playing both games as a regular and a filtered play. By default, any series that meets the filtered criteria would obviously qualify for regular play (1st game, 3 game home-stand, -145 or higher). His preference; if you're only playing the regular 3 line labby then play once. He's playing both systems, as others probably are.

Regarding your "C bet" question, if game 1 (A) and game 2 (B) were losses, yes you'd chase with game 3 (C). Only way you get to "C" is if games 1 and 2 were losses.

Why play both? Regular play = more games qualify so more action. Filtered play, less games qualify so less action (easier on the bankroll).

oklahoma
    oklahoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 883

If anyone uses sdql heres the query not including the over9 filter. Now lets clean up tomorrow

SG=1 and SGS>=3 and site=home and line<=-145 and season=2012

soul786

I'll be on the filtered games tomorrow.

Worth waiting till the morning for any line movement? Or will value on the bets keep dropping b/c they're the fav's?

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

For anyone who has a minute to explain something to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm new to betting baseball, this would be my 1st season.

I read up a little on how labby lines work, etc. (Will do more research when tax season is over) What i don't understand is how the filter bets work. I tried going back a few pages but couldn't find it.

There are 5 bets tomorrow. How do the two filter bets work? What exactly am I betting? Also where are the O/U's coming into play?

Thanks in advance

Landrew
    Landrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3134

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    For anyone who has a minute to explain something to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I read up a little on how labby lines work, etc. (Will do more research when tax season is over) What i don't understand is how the filter bets work. I tried going back a few pages but couldn't find it.

There are 5 bets tomorrow. How do the two filter bets work? What exactly am I betting? Also where are the O/U's coming into play?

Thanks in advance
    I am new to this also but it appears that two systems are being applied to come up with two types of bets; regular and filtered.
    Filtered bets meet higher standards than regular bets thus filtered bets may contain a higher percentage of winners versus the regular bets.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave Landrew 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

soul786

Thanks in advance
    We're still betting the ML for any filtered play (until otherwise instructed). The o/u 9 is just the additional criterion that needs to be met for it to count as a filtered play. The original -145 or higher is still part of the criteria as before.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Landrew View Post
    I am new to this also but it appears that two systems are being applied to come up with two types of bets; regular and filtered.
    Filtered bets meet higher standards than regular bets thus filtered bets may contain a higher percentage of winners versus the regular bets.
    Gotcha so people can choose to play just filtered or the regular or both.

The bets are still the same just that the filter takes out certain plays that would be regular plays but may not qualify for filtered plays

soul786

Gotcha so people can choose to play just filtered or the regular or both.

The bets are still the same just that the filter takes out certain plays that would be regular plays but may not qualify for filtered plays
    exactly
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave soul786 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

johncrud
    Suck, Fuc, Lick Combination
    johncrud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Last edited by johncrud; 04-09-12 at 01:37 AM.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

My strategy for figuring out the Labby line is to hope this system never loses any game at all so I don't have to worry about it.

eric14tsui
    eric14tsui's Avatar Become A Pro!

On 3, you had a perfect 63-0 record on the filtered last season. Do you have the winning % on game 1, 2 and 3? Thanks in advance.

tarosill
    tarosill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Quote Originally Posted by eric14tsui View Post
    On 3, you had a perfect 63-0 record on the filtered last season. Do you have the winning % on game 1, 2 and 3? Thanks in advance.
    You can find them in the post #1.

on3

no, but feel free to check the thread last year and tabulate the results and post for us to see. the game 1, 2, 3 is posted for all plays and is not broken out. but all of the information is in the thread for anyone to put some work in. shouldnt take more than 20-30min.

on3

I am getting PMs about how to bet over/unders for this system, SMH. For christs sake ppl, read the thread! Everything is in post 1 (and if it is not) then there are links on page 1 that detail everything. I have no problem with responding to PMs. but I've received 5 different one asking the same question.

This system is for ML plays on the favorites. There are no over/under plays in this system. The over/unders are only for filtering purposes.
    Points Awarded:

domi gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

oklahoma gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eric14tsui gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CrazyCarl

Well, I may not fully understand the labby, but at least I'm doing better than those guys trying to bet the totals.

boycali01
    boycali01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4226

J.M. Disciple

Anyone know if there is a thread with 1st inning runs being ran? Last year there was a thread where they labbied dogs in the first inning for runs scored and it made around 400 units through out the season. The favorites fell hard!

I thought he was going to modify his systems and run it again this year, but I do not see the thread any where. Is it best to avoid this system? I am not sure how big a bankroll you need for it because the favorites lost over 100 units i believe.

Anyone have information on this?

Thanks
    JMD

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
    Anyone know if there is a thread with 1st inning runs being ran? Last year there was a thread where they labbied dogs in the first inning for runs scored and it made around 400 units through out the season. The favorites fell hard!

I thought he was going to modify his systems and run it again this year, but I do not see the thread any where. Is it best to avoid this system? I am not sure how big a bankroll you need for it because the favorites lost over 100 units i believe.

Anyone have information on this?

Thanks
    JMD
    Can you try to find the old thread?

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

I wonder how this system would do playing the 7/5 method people are using for NBA

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

COL down 7-0

thelimit0310
    thelimit0310's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDiamond View Post
    I wonder how this system would do playing the 7/5 method people are using for NBA
    7/5 would be too heavy considering we always play favs. But I have been working on a version of this betting strategy for this system and will let you know the results when they are ready.

oklahoma
    oklahoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 883

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDiamond View Post
    COL down 7-0
    SF always burned me last year playing this system whether on them or against'em.

CrazyCarl

I just hope Texas pulls through or this is going to be an ugly day lol.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

damn i was thinking the same thing.....

First ... 3456789 ... Last