BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talkin Wed Bases

seeing how we have a few day gms i figured i would get thread up so everyone could get crackin..

got a few i played overnight but tired and had to wake and bake to give myself any motivation to post so bare with me.

cws/balt u 9 -105...this series has drawn some good under umps all series which is nice as i like playing cws unders. wasnt easy to do with jo-jo the clown pitching for balty yesterday and it still worked out, not much easier today with Tommy Hunter going for balt but just gotta continue to trust it doesnt take a whole lot to limit the chisox. Humber has struggled of late but he has had a string of really tough offenses in front of him, like his chances of getting back on track against these fuks.

det/cle un 8.5 -113....hoping last nights marathon didnt take to much of a toll on the pens (should prob ask biff about this) but besides that i didnt see much not to like. looks like a stiff breeze in with very mild temps which should help in that park. I havnt been shy about saying how well i felt Jimenez could perform in this park so why not put my money where my mouth is. Porcello solid and lesser men have limited tribes offense.

bos/min ov 8.5 +102....this one isnt me, same guy ive mentioned i trust before has a really high total on this gm and when he has such a discrepancy in the line i play it. take it for what its worth but win or lose the guy is solid and the gms he has had this far off have been stellar, so i always play them.

dont have much time so would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the day games but im out in a hour.

As always thoughts, comments, whatever, you know the drill are appreciated......
    Last edited by BigDan; 08-10-11 at 06:10 AM.

BigDan

fell like you almost gotta play the dodgers, not that i want to but day gm principals apply here. Everyone and their mothers gonna line up to play the unbeatable phils against the hapless dodgers with worely bird who "obviously is never gonna get hit", against the "i guess he ok Bills". Maybe everyone right but day games like this its either do the opposite or pass, had to pass last week in this phil gm but think much better shot to get a W against them today.

Giant Rebels
    Giant Rebels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

Small bet Dodgers.

BigDan

considered continuing to ride sd/nym overs but dont like that fact o-dog left the gm last night as how many guys can pads lose on a offense that was already challenged? possibly Muts again?
    Last edited by BigDan; 08-10-11 at 06:37 AM.

BigDan

kc/tb un 8.5 -117...back to the well here, sure Davis is prob overrated but that wont stop him from limiting a team that struggles to score even when they hit. Paulino is more than capable and once again it just hard to go wrong with unders in this park. considered kc but they a little to "sharp" for me so i will go this route and look for another rather low scoring gm.

BigDan

well fukk, looks like all you degen fukkers still asleep...well i gotta jet so hopefully you all bang some winners out today, should be back well before the night games start.

2 small day gm plays...

Lad+116

pit ml/ov7.5 2 team parlay pays 3.72 to 1 so what the hell. just small.

GL everyone

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3175

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    well fukk, looks like all you degen fukkers still asleep...well i gotta jet so hopefully you all bang some winners out today, should be back well before the night games start.

2 small day gm plays...

Lad+116

pit ml/ov7.5 2 team parlay pays 3.72 to 1 so what the hell. just small.

GL everyone
    Like the dodgers alot for a small play at this price today. Billingsley @ home is superior to Wolrey...no doubt he's pitched well but I think the Dodgers take this one. GL Dan.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Rebels View Post
    Small bet Dodgers.
    I'm on this as well! Also playing the Cards! BOL

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Nice day yesterday

I see you like the under in the Detroit/Cleveland play. What do you think about Detroit ruing Jiminez's home debut? I jumped on Porcello at that price. I actually heard from one of contacts in the Chicago sports media industry that the only reason Colorado traded Jiminez is because they believe he is in the early stages of an undisclosed degenerative right arm injury. He has not been pitching well of late, but he has pitched under odd circumstances with the trade looming and some of his numbers are skewed by that one inning performance on the day of the trade. Nevertheless, I like the Tigers in this spot. Thoughts?

I'm also rolling with the Royals ML, Braves/Marlins under and Reds -1RL.

Good luck today...I like your card...keep up the great work.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Always nice to wake up and have your thread to look at BigD .

Only had a quick glance at the card but first impressions:

I actually think Philly is a bargain today. While I do think Worley has some regressing to do, I also think he has pitched pretty well, as well as Bill's which is what matters in this game. Obviously Phil's line-up is far superior than the Dodgers.

Ptt. definitely intrigues me. I think their RH dominant LU should be able to get some runs today off of the erratic Sanchez in his 2nd game back.

Like your Det/Clev under a lot.

I also really like K.C today, and I have never been accused of being sharp pal . Bottom line, Paulino's peripheral numbers are ridiculous, he has got to get some results for them at some point. Today looks like a good day against Davis imo.

Liking Stl. today and gonna take a closer look at Fla. Sanchez is my Liriano .

As per the Muts. The last few days I have written to not discount them in "hard luck" situations (yes my very own Sabermatics ). Today is a day they are now supposed to win. Be very careful. This is where they fcuk ya. And yes, I am a die hard Muts fan.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Dan take the mets and be done with it
    that knuckle ball wil bamboozle those young Padre
    hitters.

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Big Dan take the mets and be done with it
    that knuckle ball wil bamboozle those young Padre
    hitters.

I certainly hope so Pacocn. GL today.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

3 plays for today

LAA/NYY under 9 (even) Just hoping a AA pitcher fools the Yanks for a while. Nova has been solid.

Nats (+108) for the game and over 4 TT runs (-115) Cubs had their little run... getting Washington on a plus ML works for me

BOL everyone

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I quit betting against Worley, the Phillies offense saves him time and time again. I hardly ever touch big name teams like Phillies, Yanks, Tex and Red Sox. I usually find value in games they would lose. But Phillies are just finding ways to win even in games where the lines don't make any sense.

I actually like Cleveland today. Public is pounding Porcello, whos 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA at progressive field. Detroit is still missing Miguel, a main part of their line-up.

Line has came down a bit on White Sox, despite public hitting them once again. Not sure why against a low-enduring Hunter. Maybe this is the game Orioles will actually find a way to win.

I like the Cubs today to get some hits today against the Nats.

And Wade Davis has no right to be favored around -140 when he got lit up against KC july 22nd.

JD426
    JD426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    I actually like Cleveland today. Public is pounding Porcello, whos 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA at progressive field. Detroit is still missing Miguel, a main part of their line-up.
    Still missing Miguel? No clue what that means because Cabrera hasn't been missing and isn't injured.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Still missing Miguel? No clue what that means because Cabrera hasn't been missing and isn't injured.
    FML.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you on the dodgers.....

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over in the mil/Stl game.

Redscot

Gonna put a small play in on Pitt +1 R/L at even odds. It is partly a fade of Sanchez, he is erratic at best of times and is in his second game back. Pitt played over their heads in the 1st half, but they are better than the team we have seen the last few weeks. S.F. struggling to put runs on the board so I feel good with the +1 as insurance to gain a push in the event of S.F. victory.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer891 View Post
    I like the over in the mil/Stl game.

i posted about this series yesterday bro, i would tread real lightly with overs in this series in general, granted i said 2 out of 3 would go under and this was the one i figured has best shot of going over the total but still i expected well pitched gms in mil and got burned so naturally this time around we will see what i expected the 1st time. Also weather has changed dramatically here today, front came thru with some showers and the temp has to be 20 degrees cooler than it was yesterday so i wouldnt count on the ball flying. Never really know with Westbrook but id expect him to be sharp and seeing how heat wont be a issue he should go deep into the gm. I know we roughed Wolf up last time but that is not the norm for stl so not sure i would count on it today. i like stl but refuse to post it as i feel like im really being a homer as it is painfully obvious mil is the better team (atm anyway).

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Gonna put a small play in on Pitt +1 R/L at even odds. It is partly a fade of Sanchez, he is erratic at best of times and is in his second game back. Pitt played over their heads in the 1st half, but they are better than the team we have seen the last few weeks. S.F. struggling to put runs on the board so I feel good with the +1 as insurance to gain a push in the event of S.F. victory.

the way i saw it was that this guy is so untrustworthy that if Zito was healthy he would be pitching, that says about all i have to say about him.

BigDan

hope i didnt come home to soon to watch my dogs blow leads....need a few more runs in sf as well

Redscot

Price going upon your Redbirds BigD. I grabbed them earlier today as I feel they take a stand tonight.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Nice day yesterday

I see you like the under in the Detroit/Cleveland play. What do you think about Detroit ruing Jiminez's home debut? I jumped on Porcello at that price. I actually heard from one of contacts in the Chicago sports media industry that the only reason Colorado traded Jiminez is because they believe he is in the early stages of an undisclosed degenerative right arm injury. He has not been pitching well of late, but he has pitched under odd circumstances with the trade looming and some of his numbers are skewed by that one inning performance on the day of the trade. Nevertheless, I like the Tigers in this spot. Thoughts?

I'm also rolling with the Royals ML, Braves/Marlins under and Reds -1RL.

Good luck today...I like your card...keep up the great work.

i have to just str8 throw out the start rox forced Jimenez to make on the brink of the trade as no way his head could have been involved in that gm. Yea he wasnt great at tex but he did keep his team in it and struck out quite a few so while i dont doubt that he may have some issues with his arm down the road i dont think it is stopping him from throwing his best stuff right now. Hard for me to get around the fact that it has been quite a while since det won a game in cle, and trust me im sure you werent the only one that saw that price and jumped (doesnt make it wrong) hell i was tempted. But like i been saying i think i believe in Jimenez more than most and believe he will love the friendly pitcher park in cle. I wouldnt lay this juice with the tribe here as there are certainly unknowns that make a det play seem logical at that price but im just gonna sit back and hope for more offensive ineptitude...

like i mentioned it just feels like kc a little to "sharp" for me, dont get me wrong i agree with the play but whenever i think i have a angle on playing these bitches they leave 15 runners stranded.

im certainly in no position to argue with you tho brother as you have been on fire as of late, if i had any brain cells left i would prob be wise to just hop on board with you

BOL today.

BigDan

Price going upon your Redbirds BigD. I grabbed them earlier today as I feel they take a stand tonight.

oh they the right play no doubt, then again im still pretty sure they were the right play yesterday. Fukin Angel Hernandez!!! Shoe was laying on the bag before the tag even got there!!!!!!

Redscot

What do we know about this Alvarez cat in Toronto? Can Gio Gonzalez continue to fade, or is he do for a bounce back? Oak bats have been getting it done for a month now.......

BigDan

What do we know about this Alvarez cat in Toronto? Can Gio Gonzalez continue to fade, or is he do for a bounce back? Oak bats have been getting it done for a month now.......

i looked at this gm hard (mainly looking to play over i think) in the few minutes i had this morning but never had time to find any info on Alverez, if he close to solid id look to back him i think.

someone post some numbers on the kid pitching for tor, preferably strike out to walk ratio, whip, any kind of scouting report would be nice...that would be great!!!

BigDan

looks like dodgers are blowing it, which would be sad not because i parlayed them with stl who will prob lose anyway, but because there so many jerkoffs on this site that i see were around acting like phil was free money and you would have to be stupid to pay lad. Hate when these ppl actually win a gm as you tend to hear about it for a while considering it doesnt happen much...

on a brighter note. 1 more run buccos!!!!!!

BigDan

looks like i got good numbers on all the totals i played, that half the battle at least. had no choice with the prices i played on the day games.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

What do you think about Det? I got them early at +130. I think they is value in that. Also parlayed Boston/NYY.

BigDan

unless someone tells me that Alverez is some phenom i really think it is hard not to like that over, Jays like lefties so not sure they the team for Gio to get right against. Would be great if roof is open despite the strong wind blowing in from left as it seems wind direction doesnt really matter in tor, strong winds any direction seem to help the ball fly for whatever reason. Anyone know if the roof is gonna be open? seems like a nice night so you would think yes.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    What do you think about Det? I got them early at +130. I think they is value in that. Also parlayed Boston/NYY.

i know LTA likes it and he is smoking right now. i just played the under no real lean on a side, det tempting but they never win in this park. Hope you guys win 3-1 certainly see the "value" here.

Now the parlay i really see no value in even tho it will prob cash. Nyy seems overpriced for a team that doesnt usually perform well against a pitcher they never saw. Bos has to be overpriced, not sure how much but this price kinda crazy imo. so you parlaying 2 teams that are overpriced to get a price that is prob not fair for the real odds of both teams winning. But like i said it will probably cash and i got no real interest in anything in either of those besides Bos ov 8.5.....GL

BigDan

i will be so pissed if i get burnt by the hook in that pit/ov parlay!!!

the option to buy the hook wasnt available before i left the house

Dont screw me Buccos either give one up or push one more across please.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=506693

not so brilliant...like average.especially last yar is not so good. meanwhile his style remind me Cueto
    especially A's batters are so hot novadays having a lot of runs against good pitchers in last games (cobb,price,cecil)
    Gio looks trash. even his last 3 games whip average is 2,20...
    I take over 8,5 A's-Blue Jays

also I'm thinking White Sox moneyline and Brewers moneyline.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by gangeriver View Post
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=506693

not so brilliant...like average.especially last yar is not so good. meanwhile his style remind me Cueto
    especially A's batters are so hot novadays having a lot of runs against good pitchers in last games (cobb,price,cecil)
    Gio looks trash. even his last 3 games whip average is 2,20...
    I take over 8,5 A's-Blue Jays

also I'm thinking White Sox moneyline and Brewers moneyline.

really starting to warm up to the idea of this Jays over, i thought this play would be a lot more popular, liking that it is not....Fukk the Brewers, lol. seriously cant blame you but i think Cards find a way to get one tonight.

Thank you for the link

123 Last