miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Big Dan's Talkin Sunday Bases Thread. Pick your winners here.

BIGDAN.

I had to do it for today buddy. It's sunday, tomorrow most of us have to get our asses up and work. But today lets win and go in to work tomorrow with some extra cash

This is what I like today.

Padres (Latos against a crumbling Pirates team is a solid pick)
    Florida (Garcia is on the road, and Vazquez has been a lot better than he has since he last faced them. Plus La Russa already won the series.)

Also leaning towards

Twins
    Cubs
    LAD
    Cleveland
    KC
    Seattle
    Nationals
    Jays (look good but thats a lot of juice on Romero on the road and books keep the line going higher and higher)

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

only think locked so far is....

Hou tt un 3 -125....like i been saying this a AutoBet for me when stros see a quality righty for the time being anyways. juice higher than id like but was thrilled to see 3 so i jumped on it.

BigDan

cant play Fish here. 1st i believe Garcia's road woes are over exaggerated. 2nd for some reason Cards tends to fair better when attempting a 4 gm sweep than a 3 from what ive seen in recent years. 3rd Jamie hasnt had many instances where he has had 3 poor starts in a row in his young career and not sure he starts that now. kinda on the fence whether or not i play stl but no fish for me.

miyakuza

That is true. Phillies for the sweep?

ATL just got pounded hard on the ML.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    That is true. Phillies for the sweep?

ATL just got pounded hard on the ML.

i really wanna play sf here (of coarse i played them yesterday as well ) but Timmy at this price against a Oswalt who i thought career may be over , fresh off the dl is tempting to me. last i saw Oswalt he couldnt have got me out and sf while offensively challenged certainly hits better than i do...any kind of report on how he has looked in rehab starts?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Late RLM on the Marlins.

cashville03
    cashville03's Avatar Become A Pro!

on cards hoping its a good pick

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Late RLM on the Marlins.

never worry about "rlm" in stl games. not saying i love them here but lot of times my fav plays on them occur after these moves against them as "sharps" create value that otherwise wouldnt be there and typically imho are wrong with the cards.

actually lean over here but line move once again suggest otherwise.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Posted this in LTA's thread, as time is of the essence posting here too.

Man, as I have shared in the past my local is pretty lazy moving his lines and prone to mistakes. Good thing is he honors his mistakes, I need to take advantage when he messes up because he generally charges a little higher juice than the going rate.

So, I am looking at his lines now and he has cubs o/u ff at 4 1/2. What sort of number are you seeing for that with your books out there?

Thanks
    Edit:
    BigD and LTA got back to me, thanks fellas.

BigDan

i posted what i thought about it in LTA's thread red.

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i posted what i thought about it in LTA's thread red.
    Thanks bro, appreciate it. GL on your plays today.

BigDan

there a couple totals i really like but have less than agreeable umps so im not sure what to do about it???

det/kc ov 9...

cws/min un 8.5...really like this but really hate the ump in this one.

thoughts

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

i really wanna play sf here (of coarse i played them yesterday as well ) but Timmy at this price against a Oswalt who i thought career may be over , fresh off the dl is tempting to me. last i saw Oswalt he couldnt have got me out and sf while offensively challenged certainly hits better than i do...any kind of report on how he has looked in rehab starts?
    Last I heard he threw I believe 5 innings of 1 run / 1 hit baseball... they would not be bringing him back if he wasnt 100% ready this time. I believe the phills +1rl would be the best play due to the giants offensive woes even if timmy throws a gem

miyakuza

I looked at the line movement with the Fish and people are just putting money on Florida here it looks like as terms of how the lines are moving. Gradually line is moving with STLs line moving down because people are getting the fish with money. Not so much reverse line movement.

STL may be the play if the books keep fluctuating the line.

ATL and Nationals will most likely be a play from me.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Last I heard he threw I believe 5 innings of 1 run / 1 hit baseball... they would not be bringing him back if he wasnt 100% ready this time. I believe the phills +1rl would be the best play due to the giants offensive woes even if timmy throws a gem

never heard you say phils wernt the correct play bro

they didnt seem to mind wheeling him out last time when he clearly should not have been pitching. You know how his velocity has been? more important to me than what his actual numbers where against minor leagers as i think he could handle aaa kids with smarts alone.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

there a couple totals i really like but have less than agreeable umps so im not sure what to do about it??? det/kc ov 9... cws/min un 8.5...really like this but really hate the ump in this one. thoughts
    I took Over 8 at + money earlier in twins game. Really like the Twins as well. Also on Fish and Over in that game.

miyakuza

Looks like a possible delay in Florida?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i like over in Minnesota and under in Pittsburgh. went out for awhile and lost a half run on each.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    I took Over 8 at + money earlier in twins game. Really like the Twins as well. Also on Fish and Over in that game.

not that i like fish but i think over goes with them well as for them to win it gonna have to be because they knock Garcia around.

i just dont see much to like about cws/twinks ov, except the fukkkin ump who has me scared as he one of the least strike calling bitches around.

miyakuza

Took ATL. I strongly stand behind them today.

HOT WINGS

I fell for line move on Braves game too. Hopefully Minor does better than his last time out against Mets.

HOT WINGS

Took ATL. I strongly stand behind them today.

Lets get it

Redscot

Looks like a possible delay in Florida?
    Yeah, it's coming down pretty good there atm. But it is FLA, should blow through pretty quickly.

On a side note, aside from Sanchez at 1st , that infield they are throwing out there is brutal defensively. Dobbs, Bonifacio, Amezaga....where's God when you need him that has to be worth some percentage point of runs for the Cards.

Rain is letting up a bit as I sit typing this. GL boys.

BigDan

fla/stl 0v 8.5 ev......not sure if this right or not but after stranding all those runners last night and Garcia's inefficiency on the road over seems like a solid play....

miyakuza

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    I fell for line move on Braves game too. Hopefully Minor does better than his last time out against Mets.
    I doubt the books would all be moving the line down on ATL considering Minor's past woes and Gee is 2-0 this year against the Braves. Public is on Mets as well.

BigDan

homer alert...

stl-1 -105....what can i say that i havnt already said one place or another. Garcia doent make a habit of stringing bad starts and at this point ill take stl pen to do their jobs.

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

BIGDAN.

I had to do it for today buddy. It's sunday, tomorrow most of us have to get our asses up and work. But today lets win and go in to work tomorrow with some extra cash

This is what I like today.

Padres (Latos against a crumbling Pirates team is a solid pick)
    Florida (Garcia is on the road, and Vazquez has been a lot better than he has since he last faced them. Plus La Russa already won the series.)

Also leaning towards

Twins
    Cubs
    LAD
    Cleveland
    KC
    Seattle
    Nationals
    Jays (look good but thats a lot of juice on Romero on the road and books keep the line going higher and higher)

nice work miyakuza .....I almost did this yesterday, BD has been slackin with startin his threads lately.

anyways, I like Sd/Pit Under, Tor/Batimore Under 8.5, Arizona worth a look I think too maybe. GL everybody

miyakuza

Be careful Dan.. Florida just got hit on the ML at several books..

HOT WINGS

I doubt the books would all be moving the line down on ATL considering Minor's past woes and Gee is 2-0 this year against the Braves. Public is on Mets as well.
    Yeah that was last thing I looked at and I was actually kind of surprised public was on Mets side in this one. Usually Braves are a favorite dog team for public (at least it seems like it) Like you said though probably because of the numbers Gee has against them this year.

miyakuza

Sorry bigD, I took Florida with the late movement. You know line moves are big part of my capping

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i like over in Minnesota and under in Pittsburgh. went out for awhile and lost a half run on each.
    I like the under, but I just dont trust chi to score enough, betting on them is just annoying, side or total

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer891 View Post
    I like the under, but I just dont trust chi to score enough, betting on them is just annoying, side or total
    actually love everything about the under except that fukkin ump so im passing all together.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer891 View Post
    i love White Sox unders, which is why i probably will pass on this over. if Adam Dunn is benched, i will re-visit the over, but i hear you, waiting for the White Sox to score is excrutiating.

BigDan

Sorry bigD, I took Florida with the late movement. You know line moves are big part of my capping

i know bro, i have noticed for years tho that ppl who are big into line moves tend to struggle with stl at times as the money that moves their gms is more wrong than right imho. that said cant blame you here, on the bright side if Cards do lose i think i cash the over more times than not here so hopefully i get a split at worst.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

FLA just went from +110 to +115 FWIW.

123 Last