BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you Play Scrubbies/Rox if it wasnt a day game

I already seeing ppl ready to jump on this shit. Look this is a makeup gm, which instantly makes it suck. rox gotta stop over when they should be going home. Of coarse Scrubbies blow but can you honestly say there isnt a good chance Garza pitches well catching Rox in bad spot? He still has the stuff (just not real bright), same could be said about rox hitters at times, they mailed it in getteway day against cle with Nyy on deck, whos to say Garza isnt throwing hard and Rox swing at a lot of pitches to get the hell home?

Of coarse Col better team but would you honestly touch this if it wast the 1st game on a slow day?

The only good bet i found on this game was go to work for a nice afternoon day and make some cash, instead of flipping coins in this one....lets hear who you got

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6953

Need the afternoon fix, Colorado it is...

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

matt garza hasn't been the same since he left tampa,
    and the rockies might light 'em up like a christmas tree!
    I like the rockies here in a big way... if anything, the rockies
    are going to be pissed and resentful because they are being forced
    to stop in chicago and administer a beat down on the way back home!
    leaning rockies RL, because I see garza getting touched up for several
    earned runs in the first few innings... degenerate play monday!

BigDan

Im all ears to see something convincing but i didnt have to look 2 minutes to see this was not a gm id bet , so why bet it unless there some kind of angle? "Rox will be mad doesnt do it for me", no offense there a 50/50 shot that is right. problem is you are not getting 50/50 price.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

big dan, you seem cool, and I respect you're 'cappin', so I'm willing to let you know,
    I'm not flipping coins over here, brah. I've been watching garza pitch for a while, and
    while he was effectively pitching in the american league east, he has been inconsistent
    and sporadic (at best) in the national league. the colorado bats are hot, and I believe
    the intelligent play of the rockies will manufacture offensive production early, and the
    exceptional pitching of chacin will keep the cubbies lackluster offense off point and anemic...
    and I consistently fade the cubs at home in the daytime. certainly check the weather
    forecast before I call in a wager, but that's my lean, and I'm sticking to it! monday is my
    day off, so I'm stoked about daytime baseball at wrigley on monday! good luck all around-
    whatever you decide, big dan. good call on that mariners score earlier! cash 'em, money!

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    if anything, the rockies are going to be pissed and resentful because they are being forced to stop in chicago and administer a beat down on the way back home!
    That's realistic. I'm sure you haven't watched too much Pro-wrestling in your adult life.
    Points Awarded:

blackeyeshamus gave MrShrink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

Quote Originally Posted by MrShrink View Post
    That's realistic. I'm sure you haven't watched too much Pro-wrestling in your adult life.
    very funny. I've only ever watched professional wrestling in my adult life during
    short stretch county jail time. same with nascar... nice try, though! good luck!

jay777
    jay777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the rox a lot tomorrow. Think they match up good with the cubs. My plays for tom are the rocks, reds and leanin on wash for tomorrows west coast action. Gl

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Colorado in this one, might even go with the over!

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I feel ya Dan, but action junkies won't be able to resist

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by cappinthepigs View Post
    I feel ya Dan, but action junkies won't be able to resist

oh i know, there was a time when i would have been all over this game, of coarse odds are id be on the Scurbbies.

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Supposed to rain all day. Severe thunderstorms late this morning and this afternoon. I doubt they Play on time today.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    big dan, you seem cool, and I respect you're 'cappin', so I'm willing to let you know,
    I'm not flipping coins over here, brah. I've been watching garza pitch for a while, and
    while he was effectively pitching in the american league east, he has been inconsistent
    and sporadic (at best) in the national league.
    the colorado bats are hot, and I believe
    the intelligent play of the rockies will manufacture offensive production early, and the
    exceptional pitching of chacin will keep the cubbies lackluster offense off point and anemic...
    and I consistently fade the cubs at home in the daytime. certainly check the weather
    forecast before I call in a wager, but that's my lean, and I'm sticking to it! monday is my
    day off, so I'm stoked about daytime baseball at wrigley on monday! good luck all around-
    whatever you decide, big dan. good call on that mariners score earlier! cash 'em, money!
    You took it wrong, but yea you basically flipping a coin at - money in this one, not saying that what you do to cap, im saying that what this game is. You just said it yourself "Garza is inconsistent", all im saying is there a good chance you see good Garza facing a tired Rox team that should be headed home after a couple tough series.

Once again didnt really mean you were a coin flipper or dart thrower, just saying this game is a coin flip at best and i only flip coins at plus money. BOL

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by shade3599 View Post
    Supposed to rain all day. Severe thunderstorms late this morning and this afternoon. I doubt they Play on time today.

another reason not to touch it.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3599 View Post

it looks like it's gonna pour like a mofo

just waiting for the wind to shift and possibly pick up speed

BigDan

yea it raining here in da Lou also. that might make it hard for me to not bet this gm. Man if this gets washed out id fade the hell out of Rox 2marro, having to stop in o'hare sit around all day then leave, no way they give a shit about their 1st home gm.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sure they will play.... it is a make up game and they will do whatever they can to play this game... my book haven't release the over/under line yet but I am going to play under...

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    I am sure they will play.... it is a make up game and they will do whatever they can to play this game... my book haven't release the over/under line yet but I am going to play under...

Oh yea they will get it in if possible, but nothing worse than having a play on a game that goes thru delays, weird shit tends to happen in them, i remember a perfectly good under i played in chi when Cards were there. smooth sailing then the sky opened up and i know what was coming next, sure as shit a hole gang of runs

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post

11.5 is total. i havnt looked into this gm but anytime they set it anywhere over 10 in chi i either play over or pass, not much capping involved. GL

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

there is absolutely no wind in Wrigley @ the moment.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    there is absolutely no wind in Wrigley @ the moment.

Something up Houli, just saw BM had total at 11.5, they must be expecting some serious wind at some point.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

"

supr_villn
    the play never changes
    supr_villn's Avatar Become A Pro!

big dan = public spokesperson (& no ,, that's not a compliment)

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

garza is not right. his bb/k ratio has dramatically tailed recently (which is his strength) and has given up 3 hrs in his last two starts.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I'm on the Cubs here....BOL

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by supr_villn View Post
    big dan = public spokesperson (& no ,, that's not a compliment)

luckily BigDan doesnt give a flying fuk what some jerkoff thinks about him

jay777
    jay777's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the rox in this one. All the things I use to cap games, starters, pens, runs scored, w/l within the last 2 weeks all favor the rox in this one. Cacin is no slouch and Garza is well Garza. The weather might fukk everything up and turn it into a crapshoot. But since I'm locked in already ROXXXX! GL

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Leaning Rockies but no bet for me..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I use Cleanuphitter.com fo weather. They utilize yahoo weather updates.

Must be a mix up. Thanks for the sites.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    garza is not right. his bb/k ratio has dramatically tailed recently (which is his strength) and has given up 3 hrs in his last two starts.
    Kazmir/Pena and Garza are all reasons why no one should ever trade with the Rays.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by jay777 View Post
    On the rox in this one. All the things I use to cap games, starters, pens, runs scored, w/l within the last 2 weeks all favor the rox in this one. Cacin is no slouch and Garza is well Garza. The weather might fukk everything up and turn it into a crapshoot. But since I'm locked in already ROXXXX! GL

All those things you using to cap this game can pretty much get thrown out because of the situation (not even talking about the weather), think a good reference point would be to look at the makeup gm tb had to go to Det and play after a long successful trip, 2-1 game and Coke was the starter for Tigers. Granted this Rox trip wanst nearly as long and not coast to coast like the Rays was, and Scrubbies are no Tiges, but it is still a big change for players who are mentally prepared to be done with tough yanks series and should be flying home to have to stop in chitown and get rained on for a extra gm.

Rightfully under normal circumstances sure i wouldnt argue Rox play and they could still win i just think its way to hard to predict the outcome in gms like this cause a lot more plays into it than the numbers.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Kazmir/Pena and Garza are all reasons why no one should ever trade with the Rays.

No shit. I always like Garza but damn straight you know when you trading with tampa you gonna be seeing the pieces you give up excelling while the guys you got fall apart. they do pretty damn well in the best div money can buy w/o a lot of money.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    I'm on the Cubs here....BOL

If you made me play it this would be who i bet, i just dont like giving certain teams my hard earned cash and Scrubbies are high on that list.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

fwiw

Cubs are the worst fielding team in baseball. It stopped raining for now, but it rained medium to light for 2 hours. If more rain comes by gametime and the field goes to shit, expect more crap in the field. This would worry me if I liked the Over or the Cubs.

If it doesn't rain again, they still have quality oportunities to shit the bed. lol

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post

this the one that ive always used,

12 Last