Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday take Two.

Gotta go with the same game as we tried last night - the only worry NOW is that Estrata has a little more pressure to do well as they will make a roster move BETWEEN GAMES to get Grienke on the Roster.

In Game #2 Greinke vs. Tim Hudson. Didn't we play a 4 game series a while ago with the Braves? How is it we're not seeing these guys for the 2nd time! Hudson scares me - a HUGE - I mean HUGE ground ball pitcher! Brewers get hits but not runs against these pitchers! Actually the Brewers do not score against massive fly ball pitchers either - it's the middle guys, as their average goes down the run production goes up!

Hansen does have the other qualities that Brewers like - but my gut feel is that Grienke will be a little jacked up and maybe not normal "in-season" self. Not loving Double headers a lot when it comes to gambling. I'll be in golf league tonight so I won't have a chance to really observe (except through a drunken haze after the round I suppose).

Looking at some random things.

Game #1
    Hanson has a DAY ERA of 3.59 NIGHT 2.95
    Hanson has a Brewers ERA of 3.81 and a 3.10 in all non-Brewer games
    Hanson is balanced between Lefties and Righties
    Hanson is 12-7 at home in the last 3 years 9-8 on the road

Game #2
    Hudson has a Brewers ERA of 3.92 and a 2.97 in all non-Brewer games
    Hudson has a little more trouble vs. Lefties so I expect Morgon to start in Game #2
    Hudson is 19-7 at home in the last 3 years 11-10 on the road

Brewer pitchers - well Estrada does not have enough games to really start trending

Greinke is 24-11 at home in the last 3 years 15-21 on the road

I see the line for Game #2 is -135 Atlanta and I'm taking that one I ASSUME Game #1 will be about the same so when it comes out I'll take the Brewers at +148ish or whatever.

Game one Brewers +153
    Game two Braves -135

Side note - glad last night was canceled IF I would have won!! Seems I only put a $2 bet on the Brewers LOL Not sure HOW that happened!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-04-11 at 11:55 AM.

mikey360
    mikey360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Good call on G2 last night Grinder.

Grinder12000

WOW - tough to be a Brewer fan at the moment.

Thursday 5/5/11 Braves game #4

Record 14-16 -0.89 Units!

Let's put the raw numbers out there to begin with

Top of the Order - last 10 games

Brewers .228 Average 1.83 Runs pg 1.58 RBIs pg
    Braves .265 Average 4.00 Runs pg 4.33 RBIs pg

Starters / Bull Pen - last 10 games

Brewers 6.33 RPG / 4.38 RPG rested (enough)
    Braves 2.77 RPG / 4.57 RPG rested

Starting pitching today

Brewers Marcum Avg Game Score = 60 (4W - 2L) 2.21 ERA
    Braves Beachy Avg Game Score = 59 (3W - 3L) 3.47 ERA

Marcum has pitched OUTSTANDING on the road this year. Beachy has pitched HORRIBLE at home this year.

Both pitchers are BIG Flyball pitchers!

Brewers 5-12 on the Road
    Braves 8-7 at Home

You know that game show Deal or No Deal? I feel like the phone has just rung and the dude is giving me a choice that is JUST out of my comfort range. Atlanta -131 Brewers +121

Oddly I want to take the Brewers but oh man - talk about kicking a dead horse!

Atlanta -131

OK - let's not worry - the Brewers are sucking on the road and this is the 2nd longest road trip of the season against some teams AND ballparks that are not conducive to Brewer runs! What does concern me are the errors which are telling me that things are "off".

The crew have now played 6 more road games then home games with 4 more on this trip so this IS a very very tough part of the schedule. The good news is that the Crew are FINALLY at full strength for the 1st time this year! Let's TRY to split the remaining 2 games and get home. The Cards need not be feared - yea they are scoring HUGE runs but also giving up HUGE runs! Getting St. Louis now could be a good thing for the Brewer bats!

What would Tony Plush say!!

Plush and Coach Roenicke were the last two to depart after the doubleheader. “This isn’t what I signed up for,” Coach said.

Plush likened Coach’s feelings to a sword of Damocles** hanging above the clubhouse, held aloft by the hopes of preseason expectations.

“I don’t know about any of that fencing stuff,” Coach said. “Right now, I’d settle for an errorless game, a few crooked numbers.”

Plush didn’t feel this was the best time to note that he was responsible for driving in one-third of the runs during the doubleheader.

“All the world 's a stage,” Plush said. “And all the men and women merely players.” “I dig Geddy Lee,” Coach said. “But I’m in no mood.”

Coach started pushing on his temples. Plush would have to relocate his triples stroke. It was definitely time for a win.
    BTW - I order two Plushdementals tee-shirts this morning!!

**The Sword of Damocles is frequently used in a tale epitomizing the imminent and ever-present peril faced by those in positions of power.
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-05-11 at 10:58 AM.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
    WOW - tough to be a Brewer fan at the moment.

Atlanta -131

OK - let's not worry - the Brewers are sucking on the road and this is the 2nd longest road trip of the season against some teams AND ballparks that are not conducive to Brewer runs! What does concern me are the errors which are telling me that things are "off".

Yeah, they look totally bunged out right now, I was thinking earlier today if it would be a profitable play to simply auto-fade the Brewers for the next 4 remaining road games.

The only scenario I see breaking them out of their (error prone) funk might be a huge individual night by some player, a 2 HR night for Fielder, a 2-hit complete game by Marcum, etc.

That being said I'm with you tonight on the Braves, after having no action on baseball for a few days.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I think the brewers avoid the sweep tonight, we will see

Grinder12000

og4667 - I wish you were right and now Nyjer Morgon aka Tony Plush my hero will go back on the DL with some amazing bad luck.

Grinder12000

Friday 5/6/11 vs. St. Louis

OK - now that we made the Braves our bitches onto St. Louis!

2 in a row baby!! 15-16 0.11 units! IN THE BLACK

Just a recap - I'm a Brewer fan that told a friend he would bet for or against the Brewers EVERY game this year!

RAW Numbers

Top of the lineup last 10 games

Brewers .201 avg 1.9 runs 1.6 RBIs per game
    Cards .328 avg 5.4 runs 4.5 RBIs per game remember when the Brewers were like that?

Pitching

Brewers Starters 6.15 Runs per game Pen 3.30 Runs per game - in good shape
    Cards Starters 5.38 Runs per game Pen 4.50 Runs per game - a little stressed

Wolf has shut down the big Cards and is ON FIRE with an 0.65 ERA the last 4 games - he also has a 3.55 ERA in the last 3 years in St. Louis and a 3.18 ERA AGAINST the Cards!

Jamie Garcia has had some problems with the Brewers but is a huge GB pitcher. He has a 3.90 ERA vs, Brewers but a 2.20 at Busch Stadium II. What he doesn't do is pitch deep into a game which leaves room for a slighty stressed bull pen. I say stressed because while not tired YET, they are on the cusp of tiredness. Only 2 times in the last 10 games has the starter gone more then 6 innings.

EVERYTHING points to an easy Card victory but I disagree and the linemakers know the Cards are the easy pick. -150 is just too much.

One of the trends I watch in the stock market and just life in general is the bottom. Last night I saw real frustration in coaches and players. Sometimes you just have to get emotional - stop playing the I'm above emotion game and SHOW frustration and anger.

I saw frustrated and angry coaches last night, I saw players pissed off and I saw 15 Ks.

I feel the bottom has been reached - I feel Roenicke will get tossed tonight for the first time. I could be wrong though.

The Cards have been mauling the ball, having their way with opponents pitchers - but their pitching is a trouble spot. The Brewers are seeing the light at the end of this road trip nightmare. They lost Morgon for another 2 to 4 weeks. You can not expect Braun and fielder to do another 2 for 30, Weeks is showing life again.

Garcia's ERA has gone UP every game this year PLUS - his ERA is deceptive as he has many UNearned runs. St .Louis is VERY error prone (even more then Milwaukee).

Wolf is a fly ball pitcher but in St. Louis Flyballs die (and one reason I NEVER liked the Suppan deal).

Brewers surprise everybody and win!

Brewers +135

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

great write ups man..i lost already 3 units on the BREW CREW so im laying off today, but ill definetely be coming by to check out your write ups...i think cards take this one, but as you said...it wont be an easy one for them...its almost a coin flip so taking plus odds looks good here...

bol friend,

Jorge

Richards

Enjoying the write-ups here as well. I'm fading the Brewers again tonight, but as a fan I hope you are on the right side.

mikey360

Good luck tonight Grinder, here's hoping the brewers break their losing streak tonight.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

nice writeup, good call last night. Gonna tail your brewer play tonight, they are way overdue.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

1 fukin hit again what a fukin joke

Grinder12000

I you would have told me that the Brewers would lose this many in a row I would have slapped you. If you take two .500 teams the chance that one team will win all 7 games is 0.78% 1 out of 128 times (about).

Then you have me - a Brewer fan that is forced to witness this nightmare AND bet on every game! Yea - I'm showing my weakness here because I know statistically I don't believe the Brewers can lose 7 in a row! But looking at the match-ups and so forth it just seems to obvious.

I mean - at this rate the brewers would never win another game!!

I feel my error was deciding to bet on every BREWER game. When i reality I should have bet on some team I could care less about!

But remember - the Brewers have had 12 winning seasons and in 6 of those seasons they have had losing streaks of 7 + 6 of those times! in 1992 they lost 7 straight and won 92 games!

Grinder12000

First of all let's make one thing clear - unlike 90% of the other people that post here I DO NOT believe I am a great baseball handicapper. This is a learning experience for me and if you can learn from my mistakes that is great.

Second I AM very very good in the NFL. I have a system I call Bridgejumper that I will post if there is football this year. 16 years and only 1 losing year - 227-121 about 65% winners but only 15-20 plays a year! One section of the system, crushes the spread at 75% with about 8 plays a year.

I mention all this because it will give you some background to my madness - it's a contrairian system. It picks the WORST games, the games no one in their right mind would play - and wins 65% of the time with back door victories and just takes advantage of the linemakers having to adjust the lines. So when I say the Brewers SUCK and then I play them - that is where I'm coming from.

I see baseball is different then football though!

TODAY Saturday 5/7/11

Since I'm a little pressed for time let's get to it.

BREWERS - BAD CARDS - GOOD

in the last 7 games the Brewers have gone up against GREAT pitchers. The average ERA is 2.71 for the starters! That is AMAZING and today what like 2.44? So while part of this streak is is just bad hitting, the Crew are going up against some REAL REAL good pitching every single game.

Look at the last 5 starters they have faced

2.44 today

WOW!!! I wonder when the last time any team has gone up against that!

I got the Cards at -129 today and think it's a steal

Richards

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post
    1 fukin hit again what a fukin joke

Don't short them on credit they deserve. TWO hits, and a WALK! No errors either.

jhack704

im glad your a brewer fan but seems like your always on the wrong side, haha keep picking against them

jhack704

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    Don't short them on credit they deserve. TWO hits, and a WALK! No errors either.

your absolutly right, im sorry

mikey360

Impressive performance from Gallardo last night, still brewers bats are still struggling.

Grinder12000

I'm at work today (part time at a Craft Brew/home brew store) so I'm strapped for time. Plus last night I had a cuban cigar and was deathly sick (hurled 3 times - them babies are STRONG and combined with MAYBE one to many high ABV brews . . . .) so I'm not totally up to speed on ANYTHING today.

I have -135 on the Cards today. Narveson is showing why he is the #4 pitcher in the rotation and I just think the Cards were a little over confidant coming into the game yesterday.

One win does not break a bad streak. Winning two from the Cards would be SO AWESOME and make this whole bad week go away. BUT . . . . notice Braun and Fielder were not the catylist - it was Gallardo pitching like Gallardo and the wonderful Brewer one-two offense punch of Council (The Grumpy Rooster) and Go Go Gomez and I suppose the newest Mormon on the team McGehee.

I'm not trusting Narveson, a leftie, vs. the Cards plus the fact that in games Narvo pitches the Brewers lose and add to the fact that in games McClellan pitches the Cards NEVER lose.

So while I beleive MAYBE yesterdays game was a crack in the doom and gloom . . . they still have to play the Cards who ARE playing over their heads but again, one game does not make a trend. I feel the Reds are still the team to beat, not the Cards who's pitching is, or will be, their big problem.

The cards can not continue to hit .292. Plus the Cards ahave 21 un earned runs? wow no wonder their ERA is so low! Plus they lead the league in Wild pitches. Also - since all I have is a newspaper I was looking at the stats - Bk? Do people really care how many Balks a team has?? How about Pass Balls instead.

SO - against what I FEEL will happen (Brewers win) my logical side of my brain says Cards -135

Cuban cigars have some extra potant chemical in them that conbined with an amazing amount of nicotine and the fact instead of golfing and smoking I was sitting and bogarting it . . . . .one second I was fine and the next I could not even stand up! WOW!!!

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
    I'm at work today (part time at a Craft Brew/home brew store) so I'm strapped for time. Plus last night I had a cuban cigar and was deathly sick (hurled 3 times - them babies are STRONG and combined with MAYBE one to many high ABV brews . . . .) so I'm not totally up to speed on ANYTHING today.

I have -135 on the Cards today. Narveson is showing why he is the #4 pitcher in the rotation and I just think the Cards were a little over confidant coming into the game yesterday.

One win does not break a bad streak. Winning two from the Cards would be SO AWESOME and make this whole bad week go away. BUT . . . . notice Braun and Fielder were not the catylist - it was Gallardo pitching like Gallardo and the wonderful Brewer one-two offense punch of Council (The Grumpy Rooster) and Go Go Gomez and I suppose the newest Mormon on the team McGehee.

I'm not trusting Narveson, a leftie, vs. the Cards plus the fact that in games Narvo pitches the Brewers lose and add to the fact that in games McClellan pitches the Cards NEVER lose.

So while I beleive MAYBE yesterdays game was a crack in the doom and gloom . . . they still have to play the Cards who ARE playing over their heads but again, one game does not make a trend. I feel the Reds are still the team to beat, not the Cards who's pitching is, or will be, their big problem.

The cards can not continue to hit .292. Plus the Cards ahave 21 un earned runs? wow no wonder their ERA is so low! Plus they lead the league in Wild pitches. Also - since all I have is a newspaper I was looking at the stats - Bk? Do people really care how many Balks a team has?? How about Pass Balls instead.

SO - against what I FEEL will happen (Brewers win) my logical side of my brain says Cards -135

Cuban cigars have some extra potant chemical in them that conbined with an amazing amount of nicotine and the fact instead of golfing and smoking I was sitting and bogarting it . . . . .one second I was fine and the next I could not even stand up! WOW!!!

So now it dosent mather which team wins cause youre gonna be tight either way iF BREWERS WINS YOU FEELT IT IF CARDS WIN YOU BETTED IT.

btw sorry for my capslock

Grinder12000

You got it Dig - except I think I would feel worse if the Brewers one because I lost $$. And BTW - as I was typing it I was thinking the samething. But I type what I think - none of this analysing to make sure I sound intellegant.

Grinder12000

Monday 5/9/11 HOME AGAIN!

Record 16-17 -0.18 units

I was all set to go against the Brewers today - after all it SEEMS good to finally come home but I know in the NBA to always go against a team in it's 1st home game after a road trip. My thinking was that yea - it's great to be home but the Brewers are still not hitting.

BUT - then I was looking at the Padres . .

Raw stats

Top of the Order

Padres .240 avg 2.33 Runs 1.89 RBI's per game
    Brewers .181 avg 1.20 Runs 0.80 RBIs per game

So two teams not really clicking on all their cylinders (or colanders as the spelling checker says, perhaps the Brewers are actually clicking on all of their colanders and that is the problem).

Pitching last 10 games

Padres Starters 4.17, 6.0 innings per game Pen 2.89 in good shape **
    Brewers Starters 4.78, 6.2 innings per game Pen 3.32 in good shape

Pardes last 3 opponents were L.A. (16-19) Pitts (17-17) Arizona (15-18) No the cream of the crop! Brewers have gone up against some REAL good pitching
    Starting pitching tonight

Latos - The BIG BIG key is to get ahead - Latos is a real head case and when he gets behind in a game he has a big tendency to lose it. He's a slight fly ball pitcher and in his 5 losses this year he has given up 5 HR's in 21 innings! He has only gone over 6 innings once in his last 10 games so the bull pen will come into play for sure. Brewers need a lead before that happens and I believe the game will be decided by the 7 inning.

Greinke - his first start might look NOT fantastic but let's take things into perspective - it was his FIRST start and if you break the game down his 1st inning was 30 pitches which will pretty much wear your arm out fast which is probably why his fast ball was off by 1 mph. Another odd thing was his curve ball was way FAST. Normally his curve is about 74 mph and in his first game it was 79. So he was probably a little amped up.

I'm not too concerned with Greinke and this game is for the Brewers to lose (which seems to be no a problem).

The Padres have been shut out 8 times this year and in the last 20 games they have a team BA of .218 which is 25 points lower then the Brewers. They also have the least amount of runs in the last 20 games averaging 2.95 per game (Brewers 3.70). However - they do lead the League in Stolen Bases and will throw the ball around commenting 14 errors (Brewers have 13).

They have no power at all and a .296 OBA (Brewers .299 but have power . . . well , once they did I guess . . a long time ago).

San Diego will take a walk with 75 or 3.75 batters per game compared to the free swinging Brewers at 2.70. I feel Greinke will forced the Padres to swing and that will not bode well for a team that can't hit!

Brewers -140 and waiting to see what the runs are!

BTW - for shits and giggles you can follow me on Twitter @RodMelotte I don't go nuts and clog with garbage posts (well, maybe once and a while).

Good Luck

Richards

Good call on Monday's game. I had a feeling they'd win but stayed away from the bet as I didn't feel there was value in the number.

Anyway Grienke looked good, but I'm still not so sure about Brewer bats -- although Latos pitched a decent game.

Might be looking for some good value on Totals and Team Totals going UNDEr this week.

Grinder12000

DAMN - I hate having this written and CLICK - I close the page and there is no backup - SHIT!!!

Tuesday 5/10/11
    Record 17-17 +0.82! IN THE BLACK!!

If you have not seen this video of last nights amazing double play . . it's the play of the year!!

http://tinyurl.com/3zbulsb watch it full screen - it's smoother

ANYWAY - I really don't want to retype all that shit again!

Brewer bats - still bad - overcoming the road trip
    Padre bats - just bad

Bull Pens are in good shape but the Padres are on a good/bad/good trend and today is BAD.

Marcum has been outstanding this year and very consistent - expect 7 innings out of him and few runs!

Richard - a little worried that he could handle the Brewers as they are not great vs. LHP but I feel the tide is turning. He is getting more Fly Balls then he is used too which is telling me he is not "on". Plus while his BB/9 is where it should be his KK/9 is very low! He's still searching for his groove.

One thing I watch is the general game play and how many things are falling in place. There have been some good plays by the Brewers and frankly the Padres are looking a lot like the Brewers did on the road.

Little things like not finding the ball in the outfield, hitting into freaky DPs and so forth. The Brewers were SO, SO, close to knocking that game wide open last night! Hart is hiring the ball HARD and the comfort of home is showing. A good number of hard hits and with the roof open tonight expect some HR's.

So I believe this will be another low scoring game. Richard is 2-5 in starts and has a 5.21 Run Average. Marcum is 4-3 with a 2.98 Run Average.

Looking at the Third Order Delta standings which takes into account, EVERYTHING about a team the Brewers should be about .500 so they have had some poor luck - they are better then their record. San Diego is also a little better then their record.

Since the bull pens are a wash and the Brewers are at home so their hitting is better and the Padres are on the road and their hitting sort of sucks - BREWERS -158 is steep but doable.
    ----------------------------
    The one thing that is bothering me about the Brewers being a Brewer fan is that MAYBE?? they are a GOOD team but not a big contender? They can beat the poorer teams but when on the road against good teams they totally blow. Was that road trip a forcast for the future? or an anomaly? Are the Brewers good enough to beat the pack but not against the elite?

This will be something to watch. My thinking is that pitching could carry the Brewers against good teams if the offense is just BAD - but not horrific nightmarish like on that road trip!

Join me on www.sportsline.com tonight on the comment area during the game (I'm Grinder) It's pretty fun watching the game and commenting - we need a few more level headed none idiot flaming morons!
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-10-11 at 10:39 AM.

mikey360

Thanks for the write up Grinder

Deggs
    Deggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

let's do this Grinder. nice writeup also.

Grinder12000

On a roll winning 5 of the last 6!!

Richards

Nice job on your streak.
    Didn't get to watch or bet the game last night. Looks like they got some runs early and maybe fell asleep offensively after that. Quite a few double-plays turned by the Padres.

At least Loe did the job yesterday. Lately he's been the 2011 version of Todd Coffey.

Grinder12000

Wednesday 5/11/2011

Record 18-17 -0.18 correction from previous records

Put away the brooms.

Comment on last nights game - I have to put an ass trick next to Marcums numbers last night. Next Monday when I look at his numbers I'll see he pitched below average but in reality it was the 8 run lead that did him in. He got a little lazy I feel.
    -------------------------
    As much fun as the 1st four innings were last night the last 5 were sort of tedious! The Brewers were great against against Richard but not so much against anybody else. That is why I'm actually picking San Diego today!

I was reading all the comments from Padre fans and how their offense sucks but come on guys, your team plays in the best park in the Majors FOR PITCHERS!! Of course your offense sucks, you also have a 2.67 ERA at home.

The Padre hitters are not as bad as they are being made out to be and while Milwaukee SEEMS to have unslumped last night it was all against one pitcher.

Today they go against a big ground ball pitcher Tim Stauffer with a 4-3 record in games started who has done well against some high scoring teams. The only big drawback is he suffers Gallardo disease, many pitches, few innings! Few walks, and a good amount of Ks and forget homeruns. The guy is good.

You will see a lot of ground balls and a lot of high counts. The guy is REAL good at holding runners on and can field his position. His only drawback is endurance.

Wolf - which Wolf will show up. Was the last game an anomaly or a prediction that the world is back to normal and Wolf is who we thought he was, a good #4 starter. That is the crap shoot today. I know Stauffer will do well but how will Wolfie do.

Raw Numbers

Top of the Order

Brewers .179 Avg 1.36 runs 0.91 RBIs per game
    Padres .258 Avg 2.27 runs 1.91 RBIs per game

Bull Pens

Brewers - 4 solid outings in a row - Axford could be a little tired
    Padres - just dang good and ready

So I'm picking the Padres at +120

Cheers
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-11-11 at 05:52 PM.

Grinder12000

OK - I've won 6 of the last 7 now! on a roll!!!

mikey360

That was some crazy game last night, glad it came through in the end.

Richards

Well a much needed day off for the Brewers I think the pitching staff got confused and thought the off day was Wednesday.

Grinder12000

Friday 5/12/11 vs. Pittsburgh.

I'm on a good run, 6-1 +4.91

So tonight's game looks pretty ill-matched for the Pirates from the outside. And really from the inside it looks pretty bloody for the Pirates.

I glance at the game and I immediately have to see the early line -158. Hmmmm - that almost looks like a pretty good bet. I'm actually pretty happy in only paying -158.

Brewers still are not really hitting well - the runs are there but it's always like the faucet turns on for 3 innings and shuts off. Nothing sustained. HOWEVER - looking at the individual players, most are actually coming out of the slump so much of the stats are still reflecting on the road numbers.

Braun hit something like .054 for a 9 game stretch and having that happen to the #3 guy in your lineup will REALLY **** things up. But up and down the line up people are pitching in so I'm good with the Brewer offense at the moment. The last 5 games for the Top of the Line up are scoring a robust 3.00 runs a game with 2.20 RBIs.

Pittsburgh - - bad night for the Pirates as they got rained out so while there was no game and their pen can rest they still dressed up and their starter still pitched. Their 9 game Bull pen ERA is as deceptive like the Brewers but all in all the Pirates pen . . . well . . still sucks!

I've tracked them for 19 games this year and their pen has a 57% chance of having a poor game. (Poor is defined just like it sounds, poor - sucks - blows, damn you _____ insert name). The Brewers for comparison have a 31% chance for poornish!

Which brings us to James McDonaled! He averages 5.2 innings this year down from last year which was still only 5.7 innings. McDonald is the kind of pitcher the Brewers eat up. Massive flyball pitcher who has been giving up HR's to large hitting teams (such as the Brewers), Braun will not have to worry about hitting into DPs tonight.

I believe this is one of those cases where a guy is good against "OK" teams but struggles against good teams (which I still believe the Brewers are).

He pitched 6 shut-up innings against Houston, the #15 HR hitting team. He also dished up 2 HR's against FLA (#1) and 2 against Cinci #3 in a TOTAL of 7.33 innings. The Brewers are in 5th so I see some homers in their future.

Gallardo pitched his 2nd best game of the year (Atlanta shut out was best and he crashed after that - Early Season Shut-out Syndrum - rag arm).

I suspect Yovani has righted the ship. He is 9-1 vs. Pitts and has never given up more then 3 ERs. He is 5-0 in Milwaukee with a 1.80 ERA vs. the Pirates.

The Crew are 48-17 vs. Pitts since 2007 but the pirates have been winning on the road. Big deal, they beat teams that were slumping at that point in time. The Brewers are not slumping anymore (except for 1 inning LOL).

This one goes to Milwaukee and even though I always play one unit I put a little extra on this one and when the run line comes out I might toss a little it's way.

Brewers -158

Richards

I'm not taking the Brewers at that price even though I agree with the points in your writeup. I am however taking Pirates Team Total Under 3.5 -110.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    I'm not taking the Brewers at that price even though I agree with the points in your writeup. I am however taking Pirates Team Total Under 3.5 -110.
    Not too thrilled with under bets in this game. Gallardo threw 118 pitches through 8 last start and he usually bounces to give up 3-4 runs next start after being extended.

First 123456 ... Last