csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

U.S Open Pick - Who Agrees ?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC +300

- he made it to the finals last year (losing to federer)

- he actually beat federer this year in straight sets at the Austrilian Open (hardcourt). Also, he only lost ONE set in total at that tourny.

- he beat Nadal is straight sets earlier this month on hardcourt i believe.

- he is hungry. this guy only has one grand slam title, and is looking for more.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't agree bud. I like Federer, Novak's confidence from that win vs Nadal was crushed by losing the title to Murray and also losing to Murray for the second time in two weeks.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he might have a tough road to the semis personally. I actually think Roddick got a better draw in his half of this bracket. Djoko faces capable players all the way through - from Clement to Mahut/Ginepri/Cilic to Tsonga/Safin/Roddick. I think it's gonna be tough for him to get through. In fact, I won't be surprised if he goes out in the Round of 16 against someone like Safin or Tsonga if they are playing well. I think Clement could even push him in the opener if he brings his A game.

csimmalavong

so then Nadal is taking it ? surely he will beat federer if they meet in the finals...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by csimmalavong View Post
    so then Nadal is taking it ? surely he will beat federer if they meet in the finals...
    What makes you say that?

csimmalavong

my gut

csimmalavong

do you really think roger will bounce back ?
    after sleeping on it, i pictured a nadal-federer final...and it was hard to see nadal winning