EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thinking Out Loud: Benneteau vs. Llodra

These two dodgy fukks fixed a match last year in Cincinnati against each other. Anyone who remembers it, knows it. It's not a money thing, but a fix to help out a comrade. Llodra rolled Benny in the Marseilles final last year perhaps laying down to let Llodra win after he had failed in the final the year before. The scoreline looks like a pasting, but it was really two simple breaks of serve by Llodra that won.

These two were doubles partners last year quite a bit. Does Llodra let his friend win this year? I'm intrigued by this match. Perhaps overly so and reading into it too much, but their history ....

EaglesPhan36

Almost script like today. Both with one simple break in each of the 1st two sets. Not surprising that it's in a 3rd set, let's see how gets the easy break to win.

EaglesPhan36

And it's one simple break to Llodra who wins in 3. Scriptacular!

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I took Llodra before thinking about this.

Nice to be on the right side of one for once

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

if it were a script wouldn't benneteau have won?

EaglesPhan36

I don't pretend to know who is supposed to win between these two. I was speculating maybe on a winner, but their matches seem very robotic when they've played. Serves are held usually fairly easily around the break in each set when one of the guys inexplicably serves like a putz. Just something I've noticed between the two. Llodra's been a speculative fixer on occassion from what I have read from others, not my opinion necessarily outside of this sort of situation. Sometimes matches between countrymen can be iffy.