iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Andrea Petkovic

Andrea Petkovic ML (110) over V. Williams

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tailing you. Great call Tenn Tech ATS and ML.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Tailing you. Great call Tenn Tech ATS and ML.
    thx Willy, Pet will get it done in this spot, feel very strong about this play

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Petkovic was at 2.6 when the lines came out

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    Petkovic was at 2.6 when the lines came out
    Yes she was at a nice price at opening and usually I would just pass at this point because I would use the reasoning that I missed the boat in terms of value, but I'm very confident in this play and I'm getting her at basically a pick (which to me in this spot is still great value) and if I pass now I would really be kicking myself for missing the boat when she wins today.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Williams is hurt, although she looked fine in the last set.

I ain't betting against Williams on an injury, but i agree that Petkovic is the play. I think I'm going to have a go at Williams +1.5. If she can play properly, she wins. If she doesn't, she may retire...

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Williams is hurt, although she looked fine in the last set.

I ain't betting against Williams on an injury, but i agree that Petkovic is the play. I think I'm going to have a go at Williams +1.5. If she can play properly, she wins. If she doesn't, she may retire...
    agree. or place it a Bet365 so that the bet will be voided in case of a retirement

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Liking this as well. GL ice

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

agree. or place it a bet365 so that the bet will be voided in case of a retirement

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Williams Pussy is fine. I think she wins. The injury is bullshite imo

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I never go against either of the Williams sisters. They are just beasts, and a cardinal rule for me.

iceminers26

agree. or place it a Bet365 so that the bet will be voided in case of a retirement
    My play has very little to do with the ? mark that surrounds Venus' groin/hip flexor....I'm going into it as if she is a 100% and truly feel that at the current time Petkovic is on the rise and a better player than Venus now, this is not the past. The injury is just an added angle that just so happens to lean my way, but not my reasoning; I had Petkovic lined up in this spot along with Halep tomorrow at a good price.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

good luck, this is nearly lock

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    good luck, this is nearly lock
    oh come on, dont be that guy

kingsr

LOCK LOCK LOCK

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Williams looked sloppy in her last match.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Best of luck Icer. I think I'm the only one on Venus.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Best of luck Icer. I think I'm the only one on Venus.
    it seems like king might be on it as well

considering you are considered the best tennis capper on sbr, i am a bit worried about putting my money on the other side

shantymoon
    shantymoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope she completes one set

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn shes gonna retire already

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Venus looked like rubbish anyhow.

shari91

iPhone double posting madness
    Last edited by shari91; 01-21-11 at 05:26 AM.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Venus looked like rubbish anyhow.

This is the 6th time she's ever retired in like 13 years, even when she basically broke her wrist. No wonder she looks like rubbish - she's seriously hurt!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

This is the 6th time she's ever retired in like 13 years, even when she basically broke her wrist. No wonder she looks like rubbish - she's seriously hurt!
    I'm well aware. If she was in the NHL and it was the playoffs she'd be playing.

Not knocking her for being hurt and retiring just simply put, she looked terrible.

kingsr

Yep I was on Venus +110 Money back for me. On to Makarova tomorrow!

shari91

I'm well aware. If she was in the NHL and it was the playoffs she'd be playing.

Not knocking her for being hurt and retiring just simply put, she looked terrible.
    The NHL playoffs are the end of the season. This is the start of the season. Now think about why someone wouldn't want to completely fukk themselves for an indefinite period of time at the start of a season. This isn't the final and shed never make it there with this injury anyway. Just logic.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

What a waste of time that was. 1 game was played.

kingsr

Feel sorry for the spectators who paid for tonights matches, they'd be bitterly disappointed

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

The NHL playoffs are the end of the season. This is the start of the season. Now think about why someone wouldn't want to completely fukk themselves for an indefinite period of time at the start of a season. This isn't the final and shed never make it there with this injury anyway. Just logic.
    Noted

Also, Tiger Woods won a major with a banged up knee that needed to be surgicaly repaired.

I agree she is a tough bitch, I'm just being a stubborn bastard that plays through anything when I play. I tore my meniscus in my left knee and played the rest of the game. I got balls, Shari.

shari91

Noted
    Also, Tiger Woods won a major with a banged up knee that needed to be surgicaly repaired.
    I agree she is a tough bitch, I'm just being a stubborn bastard that plays through anything when I play. I tore my meniscus in my left knee and played the rest of the game. I got balls, Shari.
    I hear you and I have no doubt you have balls! I'm actually a bit surprised she retired to be honest. I had said she might but a part of me is so used to the Williams sisters mind fukks that I was half expecting her to come out and drill the ball down Andrea's throat. That's how I know it must be really bad. Not only does she rarely retire but her ego is so big that she'd still expect to win even with an injury. Believe, I can't stand this chick - she cost me so much money live betting during one match last year that I'd probably kick her if I could. But she has balls of steel.

And now that we know how many pills Tiger was on, kind of makes sense how he could play through the pain.

erkanua
    erkanua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2395

I didn't understand that one. If she even can't play 2 games how she could not realize that while she was warming up before the match!?

SportsMushroom

Noted

how did that idiot manage to injure his knee that bad while playing golf?

next thing you know we;ll be getting dart players pulling hamstrings and whatnot

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I hear you and I have no doubt you have balls! I'm actually a bit surprised she retired to be honest. I had said she might but a part of me is so used to the Williams sisters mind fukks that I was half expecting her to come out and drill the ball down Andrea's throat. That's how I know it must be really bad. Not only does she rarely retire but her ego is so big that she'd still expect to win even with an injury. Believe, I can't stand this chick - she cost me so much money live betting during one match last year that I'd probably kick her if I could. But she has balls of steel.

And now that we know how many pills Tiger was on, kind of makes sense how he could play through the pain.
    Shari did I ever mention your awesome...?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by erkanua View Post
    I didn't understand that one. If she even can't play 2 games how she could not realize that while she was warming up before the match!?
    From what I got from her press conference after the match tonight, she knew she was hurt badly beforehand but tweaked that psoas muscle?! more when she was serving. This chick doesn't have it in her not to at least try. Which makes her come from behind win in the last round that much more impressive.

I used my gimpy little tennis serve tonight to try and see how much strain I'd put on that area and I can see why she quit. Even rallying would be painful because that's your core - you can't isolate your groin when you're playing and just not move. Unless you're Isner I guess who just stands there.

That's why I think comparing her to a team sport player is a bit silly - they have other people to pick up the slack and the coach can put you out there for short bursts. You don't have that option in an individual sport. And for someone who is nearing the end of her career like Venus is, why suffer through a match and risk injuring yourself more when she had no hope of winning the title?

She said tonight that the lesson she's learned is that when you're that injured, you have to stop so you don't hurt yourself more. She's never talked like that before and I'm thinking that unless this is a minor tweak - which I can 99.9% guarantee it's not - she'll be retired soon.

Beefy

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

good comments shary