dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Great Opportunity (Aussie Open)

At 5dimes Federer is +188 to win the Open while Nadal is +213.

These seem to be amazing odds. Taking both of them seems like a lock.

Do you really see someone else winning?

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

wait a bit. Around Friday or Saturday, 5dimes will post a Federer/Nadal v the Field and u get a better price

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

If you ask me, the real value is with Djokovic at odds surpassing +1000, leaving you enough value to hedge out in the later rounds if he appears to falter. To take the co-favorites at slimmer odds will leave you with a modest profit at best and the potential to lose both stakes in the event of an upset.

roon
    roon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Someone is going to come out of the woodwork to win the Aussie this year. Nalbandian, Roddick, Berdych are possibilities. Im not betting them though. Haha.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always advocate it even though I guess some don't, never make futures bets before you see a draw.

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Quote Originally Posted by roon View Post
    Someone is going to come out of the woodwork to win the Aussie this year. Nalbandian, Roddick, Berdych are possibilities. Im not betting them though. Haha.
    Berdych.. are you serious? I doubt Roddick will go deep either. Like EP says, better to see the draw first when it comes out on Friday but i've got both Berdych and Roddick on my fade list. Berdych has no form, and Roddick (despite a final last week) seems to be shot of confidence or lacking in motivation.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'd suggest combining Scholar's and EP's suggestions. Take an awesome player at big odds so you can trade him out for profit if need be but wait until after you see the draw to do so.

Best if luck!!

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Does 5dimes or anybody with a bunch of props have anything like odds to not win the tourney ever?

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Quote Originally Posted by easywinner View Post
    Does 5dimes or anybody with a bunch of props have anything like odds to not win the tourney ever?

Why donŽt you just lay on betfair? The majority of the time youŽll be getting the best odds.

Jrod124
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by easywinner View Post
    yea check back Friday or Saturday at 5dimes. But only for the top guys. If u want to unload a shit load on someone like Roddick or Berdych to not win the title that prolly won't be on the big board. Not sure if thats what your wondering. But they will have field prices against Federer, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic I am sure
    Points Awarded:

easywinner gave Jrod124 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jrod124
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brandoc View Post
    Why donŽt you just lay on betfair? The majority of the time youŽll be getting the best odds.

He could be a American

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's definitely going to be some Uncle Wally plays [my term for value because I despise that term - it's gonna be a thing ] ... because it's the first Slam and there's rarely enough form to gauge most of the players on. So, if you can find someone with a soft draw who has a game suited to the surface, you can get a nice price to trade. These are ones I see on 5Dimes that could give you that if their draw is nice:

Djokovic +1025
    Soderling +1825
    Tsonga +10500

I throw Tsonga in there because he's got the talent to compete with guys on this surface, but this is about the only Slam you can say he might have a shot at because it's usually the only one where he is close to 100%. Think that is evident by his results in Melbourne in the last three years. I don't think he'll win it, but he's a guy who if given a good draw would be a grade trade out late in the tournament. I think the WTA draw always provides better options because of the unpredictability. You've got the #1 who never won a Slam at +700. Clijsters probably overpriced at +200. Henin at +570. Venus at +2000. Zvonareva +950. Just some good payouts if you can accurately predict the draw. Can't wait to see them in another day.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

My gf has convinced me to fade murray. Will prolly take some long dogs...

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

WTA is impossible to work out. Have something on Stosur though.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Monfils!!!