Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Tennis Futures - total grand slams won

My gf wants to get some action on Andy Murray - No Slams. I see it -250 at 5dimes. Anyone see it at any other US shops for a better price?

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Same price at Pinnacle. What sucks about these futures is that u get ur money tied for soo long. I am sure the bookies put it in a bank account and earn some interest on ur cash so the price u are paying is actually higher.

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Centrebet is offering $1.42 for that bet. Not sure if thats better than -250, I dont understand the USA odds system.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

just a little better

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait does No Grand Slam wins mean in order to win the bet, all he has to do is not win the Aussie Open? Or does No Grand Slam wins mean he lost his first match, which means he loses 1st round, to win the bet?

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    Wait does No Grand Slam wins mean in order to win the bet, all he has to do is not win the Aussie Open? Or does No Grand Slam wins mean he lost his first match, which means he loses 1st round, to win the bet?

Very confusing There are 4 grand slams per year, if he wins any of those tourneys you lose. He can lose at any stage during each grand slam and you win.

Basically he has to be the outright winner of at least one tourney for you to lose. The question is, do you think he can win a Major? My answer: No, never!

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

agreed if u don't mind u your money being tied up for a year. its a solid investment

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh I thought it was just meant for the Aussie Open specifically.

LOL Yeah I don't think I could wait a year to see if I win a bet LOL

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    Oh I thought it was just meant for the Aussie Open specifically.

LOL Yeah I don't think I could wait a year to see if I win a bet LOL
    Yeah, a year is too long.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Thanks guys, I think this is the best us price. I agree that it is silly to ntie up funds for this long but she is a bona fide murray hater and any gambling she does is good for me. And when you consider the (investment) options 40% return over 9mo. is much better than the going rate for a cd of similar term... of course there IS actual risk here. Thanks again.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Tying up money for even 6 months in tennis is a bit crazy I think. There is no way of knowing what will happen to that player or any other players during that time. Will Andy finally grow some nads and stop choking in Slams? Will Nadal's knee finally give out? Will Fed retire? Will Djoko step on a piece of glass like Serena and be out for 7 months? Any of that happens and Murray could finally win a Slam.

She's better off betting a parlay with like Djoko, Murray, Clijsters and Fed to win the first round next week, take her winnings and initial bet and do the same thing again for the second round. She'll probably end up with close to the same return if not a bit more as she would taking the Murray bet and the whole process is done in a few days. Not a bloody year!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Just saw your last post. If she doesn't care and hates Murray that badly, then why not? Especially if it makes your own gambling that much easier for her to stomach.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Yeah I put it in for her. A whopping 100 to win 40. I'm def gonna encourage her to bet the aussie too, but she is considering this an investment w/ well above market returns.

You can best believe that I will make her gamble (or at least supply me a roll) when we attend the Sony Ericsson in March.