beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Question for those who follow Challengers..

Hopefully this is more than ME or EP...

What countries players would you say have the strongest challengers entrants as a whole?..Or better yet the question may be is which countries have the best ranked players 100 through 400 or so?

I came up with USA,FRANCE,Spain,and Italy,germany..mostly because they have the most Challenger level events and seem to have the most players..but I guess that would not necessarily be true. Just want some input...

Personally I think the whole CH market is an untapped base for coming up with an edge due to a bunch of factors and I'm just tinkering with some ideas right now to go over in the off season..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting, France was the one I thought of first and foremost because of the indoor season and the amount of tennis played there late in the season ...

I'd say France, USA, Brazil - lots of guys from Brazil flounder in this ranking area and play all those South American tourneys against each other without a lot of pub, but there are some decent players there especially clay court guys.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Yeah I saw that brazil has 5 or 6 Ch events, but werent sure how crappy or good there players were..

And the ch events all lean towards how players are brought up to play in the country they live...An unseeded brazil dirtballer playing vs a seeded clay courter from say germany over the long run at + money will have an advantage playing in their home country is the theory..