sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Need Advice on Hedging a Future

I've currently got Federer +375 to win.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I hedge against Djokovic tomorrow, or just hope Federer can take this match down and I'll hedge in the final instead.

I like the idea of hedging now since I can get Djokovic at +128, because I assume that Federer will be an underdog to either Murray or Nadal in the finals if he makes it.

I watched the Federer match, but did not get to watch the Djokovic match other than the scoreboard so I'm not sure what to think of him. Chardy shouldn't have made it to where he did, so the Djokovic crushing was expected imo.

Anyway, looking for some advice on the best thing to do in this spot. The money doesn't really mean much to me, I'd rather make the correct decision than try to hedge both QF and FINALS to turn a profit. Thanks.

AsRequested
    AsRequested's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

current price on BetFair for federer is close to +375 so atm it doesn't make much sense to hedge here.
    imo federer will have 1 or 2 very tough matches in front of him so selling that future still might have some value. but i don't know if that's your question..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have this future as well. My personal opinion is that you either let it ride for another round or take Djokovic to WIN the event at somewhere around +480, not just today's match. That is more effective IMO because if Djokovic does win, then you have a finalist at +480 for the championship match. If Federer wins, you'd basically have him at +275 [1 unit less than the actual future if you spend the same amount on Djokovc that you did on Federer].

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Thanks guys. I've decided I'm going to let it ride against Djokovic. If Djokovic pulls this one out then oh well.

If he wins, then depends on how Federer performs, but I'm leaning to hedge him in the final.

Thanks again for the advice guys. g/l