beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

With Fed and Nadal looking shaky...

The bet at 5 dimes..The field at +103 surprises me..Obviously the books think the same thing.Nadal has a gimpy knee and fed has been off.Youre better taking murray,soderling and roddick to get better odds than +103 on all 3.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    The bet at 5 dimes..The field at +103 surprises me..Obviously the books think the same thing.Nadal has a gimpy knee and fed has been off.Youre better taking murray,soderling and roddick to get better odds than +103 on all 3.
    fed and nadal will both be in the finals. nadal's knee is fine.

Fthenorm
    Fthenorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 795

nadal has never won two 5 set matches en route to any of his majors...the guy took 4 medical timesouts against petzchner. He also claims he has never taken an injury timeout unless absolutely needed. Given the level of his overall sportsmanship and the fact he rarely retires (even when he should), I believe he is not close to 100%. He is also scheduled for a procedure on one of his knees once the tournament is over. Anyone who has watched him so far would have noticed his movement is far from 100%. If he was healthy, he would win it all.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    fed and nadal will both be in the finals. nadal's knee is fine.
    In an interview after the match he said something is wrong with both his leg (didn't say knee but I assume that's what he meant) and his arm. He is hurting and it's affecting his game which he admitted but he did say he was going to get everything checked out properly today and hopefully it would be fine.

Federer's problem? No clue so I won't speculate but I think Beefy's on the right track by taking the field. I only have Soderling as the two books I'm using right now for tennis don't offer that option.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

I took Murray a round ago at 7/1 because of Nadal and Feds poor play. He's now down to 5.5/1 on Bodog. which is closer to accurate in my opinion.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Nadal and federer not to be in the finals

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I just found Federer vs the field. Federer's +175, the field is -238. Hmmm.

Also, Serena plays Venus in the final. Yes +140, no -180.

Goat Milk

Nadal is playing mind games with the rest of the field. We'll see. I have a Fed Nadal final for +250 and Venus winning Wimbledon +320

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

exactly what I was thinking its murray's time

something is obviously wrong with federer, I think that he does not have the motivation any more, looks like he focused too much on his family and it affected his game

even if nadal is healthy he will run out of fuel, playing too much tennis

roddick not on the top of his game and I dont think soder will win a slam in this lifetime

I give murray the advantage because of home court

lets see

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    exactly what I was thinking its murray's time something is obviously wrong with federer, I think that he does not have the motivation any more, looks like he focused too much on his family and it affected his game even if nadal is healthy he will run out of fuel, playing too much tennis roddick not on the top of his game and I dont think soder will win a slam in this lifetime I give murray the advantage because of home court lets see
    1. Federer is completely focused don't fool yourself. People are going to start betting against him after he had a couple tough matches?

2. Nadal never runs out of fuel. He has better fitness than any player in the world. If he doesn't get to the finals this year it will be because that knee is bothering him not his fitness level

He might have just tweeked that knee but with the rest he is getting, he should get treatment and be ready to roll.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I really like Soderling and Murray. Federer is 28 years old. That's not very old for most of us but in tennis years that is actually getting up there. Also, he has won all 4 majors and he has the most majors is history. I think that those 2 things were huge motivators for him. He is the greatest of all time and has no other records to go after. Who knows tho. He did win the Australian earlier this year and it seems that has plenty of great tennis left. The guy is totally clutch as well. You can never count this guy out.

Goat Milk

I told you beefcake. People start making assumptions after the first few matches and thats when books clean up with sucker bets bettin gthe +600 dogs. Nadal and Fed rolling easily today.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

wow how quickly things change... Murray looks like the only one with a chance now

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer still has a real nice draw to the final. Berdych will be tougher than Djokovic, but Federer on this surface especially has a nice edge still over Berdych. I picked Murray on the other side pre-tournament and am riding +950 for him, I still think Nadal will not be in the final. He's definitely got it much tougher than Federer with Soderling and then likely Murray. I think it's either Fed vs. Murray or Fed vs. Soderling. Personally, even if I did not have the Murray future and a Fed future, I'd like to see that match-up to see if Murray can pull the 360 from Australia to Wimbledon kind of like Del Potro did from Australia to the US Open last year.

Goat Milk

EP Nadal will dispose of Soderling. His real test in this tourney on that side of the draw is Murray.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

We'll see. Soderling nearly beat him at Wimbledon back in 2007 in a 5 setter when Soderling wasn't nearly as consistent and dangerous as he is now.

People have been harping on Nadal's serve and I find it funny because his serve is not much different than it has been all year. It's never going to be a consistent weapon and Nadal against solid players will find himself in plenty of deuce games on his own serve. If you look though, he's winning 80% plus on his 1st serve and a solid percentage on 2nd serve at this tournament. He's only offering up 2-3 break opportunities per match as well. That's pretty f-ing solid. I think Soderling-Nadal is going to be a good one.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Nadal needs a double knee replacement. It's not a question of if he will break down, simply when.

timbo46
    timbo46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2262

Fed is still strong, though not the Fed we are used to seeing. Nadal is shaky. Murray can win it if he toughens up mentally.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Murray has winning records against Federer... so if he's playing up to par, and Fed is playing even slightly worse than his best tennis, it's over. 6-5 Murray.
    And against Nadal he's 3-7. But Nadal looks shaky with his knee. I'll take Murray at 7/1 any day at this point.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

djokovic and murray i think

cornhuskfan
    cornhuskfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like soderling verse nadal for the plus money

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

still like djokovic and murray