jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Martingale WTA breaks

Hello everyone. Has there ever been a WTA match with no breaks? I was thinking of a chase/martingale strategy in WTA tennis by betting on breaks. So far, it has earned me over $5600.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

skeptical, how long did it take to win over 5k? and do u bet every service game of each player

jacharron17

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    skeptical, how long did it take to win over 5k? and do u bet every service game of each player
    It took 1 month to make that amount. Yes, I do!

jtoler

how do you decide on which match to try it and what amounts do you start with. also say you bet your amount from the start and the very first service game there is a break do you keep going if so at what point do you stop betting on a break

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Im shocked ive never thought of this befor. I think i will try this for the Masters 1000 Miami. Slowish hard court

DavidGoliath5003

how do you decide on which match to try it and what amounts do you start with. also say you bet your amount from the start and the very first service game there is a break do you keep going if so at what point do you stop betting on a break
    I think the best times are when there is blown break point chances, next game theres possibly a break. This could be very clever.

jacharron17

Typically the match doesn't matter because there will almost always be at least a couple of breaks in a match. I keep going if there is a break. If I martingale through the 2nd or 3rd set of a game and the match finishes with no additional breaks, I will continue the martingale with another match.

DavidGoliath5003

Interesting, you would have won sizable money on both WTA matches today with this system just using a basic 5$ 10$ 20$ 40$ 80$ 160$.... it only got to 80$ once

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Interesting, you would have won sizable money on both WTA matches today with this system just using a basic 5$ 10$ 20$ 40$ 80$ 160$.... it only got to 80$ once
    all to win $5. easier and less tedious ways to win money although this appears a sure thing until it isnt, gets too expensive, I notice bm and prob other books will take down the next service game while current service game is in play and will have the 2nd after the next to bet on I wonder if this is why.

DavidGoliath5003

all to win $5. easier and less tedious ways to win money although this appears a sure thing until it isnt, gets too expensive, I notice bm and prob other books will take down the next service game while current service game is in play and will have the 2nd after the next to bet on I wonder if this is why.
    Go with the two largest books. I notice both of them have game after game up. I suggested 5$ only because it allows you 4-5 losses in a row befor too much damage... it adds up quick for winnings tho. I would suggest looking up a couple of women ahead of time who get broken lots. The womens match tonight should make money.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Go with the two largest books. I notice both of them have game after game up. I suggested 5$ only because it allows you 4-5 losses in a row befor too much damage... it adds up quick for winnings tho. I would suggest looking up a couple of women ahead of time who get broken lots. The womens match tonight should make money.
    Ill leave this up to OP Im not new to the thought of this Ive chased in other sports before just wanted to hear what OP had to say about it I certainly wouldnt waste my time with it on service breaks

DavidGoliath5003

Ill leave this up to OP Im not new to the thought of this Ive chased in other sports before just wanted to hear what OP had to say about it I certainly wouldnt waste my time with it on service breaks
    Fair enough. I think it could be revised Ex) when player A blows break points Player B to break the very next game. Anyways just my thoughts.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Hello everyone. Has there ever been a WTA match with no breaks?

2005 Shaugnessy vs Vaidisova
    2007 Fedossova vs Cavaday
    2010 Marino vs El Tabakh
    2012 Amanmuradova vs Gronert
    2012 Hradecka vs Stosur
    2013 Mueller vs Stevenson
    2014 S. Williams vs Stosur

So sure, very rare. The problem is the bookies odds will be set to the suitable level, so you're betting at -EV.
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 03-17-19 at 06:34 PM.