beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Coric or Khachanov to win a major in 2019??

Bet each for 4 majors..if one makes a final a hedge might give you profit on all 8 of those bets.Both seem to have taken the next step to being a 2nd tier player.Worth it?

Mucak77
    Mucak77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The events are too far away and you dont have any odds so it is difficult to say if there is any value.
    I dont think Coric will ever win a slam but who knows.. Depends on the competition too.
    E.g. Federer or Djokovic never would have won a title in RG if Rafa had been healthy..

Now Federer is history imo, Rafa i dont know how good he ll be when he comes back so Coric or Karen wont have too much competition. Only Nole, Zverev and who else? Thiem? K Anderson? Isner? Chung? Maybe in the next years it will be more difficult to win a wta tournament

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

If Nadal is in poor form Zverev will win tge French open, and possibly Wimbeldon. Age is catching up to Fed, Nadal is a question mark. Djokovic will be tough to beat at the Aus open or US open. Im not sure why you think Coric is even close. Maybe the french open one day. None of these courts favors khachanov... hes an indoor hardcourt guy. Murray will make a comeback next year

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

If Fed and Nadal are off, and Djokovic reverts to Tiger Woods stuff... could be wide open. I think Cilic (lost to Fed last year @ Aus, went 5 sets) and Zverev would be good E/W bets. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Anderson somehow made his way to a final again - especially with some fortuitous injuries. Imagine if a clown like Isner won a slam.

I think Fed is going to show up for Aus, though, before calling it quits. Highly likely he'll make it to the final.

Kyrgios has the talent.

Cilic: 21.00 , 21.00 , 9.00 , 21.00

Anderson: 67.00 , - , 26.00 , 67.00

Not sure how to gauge guys who only make runs when the competition is low.
    Last edited by sunshineSpecial; 11-24-18 at 07:51 AM.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    If Fed and Nadal are off, and Djokovic reverts to Tiger Woods stuff... could be wide open. I think Cilic (lost to Fed last year @ Aus, went 5 sets) and Zverev would be good E/W bets. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Anderson somehow made his way to a final again - especially with some fortuitous injuries. Imagine if a clown like Isner won a slam.

I think Fed is going to show up for Aus, though, before calling it quits. Highly likely he'll make it to the final.

Kyrgios has the talent.

Cilic: 21.00 , 21.00 , 9.00 , 21.00

Anderson: 67.00 , - , 26.00 , 67.00

Not sure how to gauge guys who only make runs when the competition is low.
    Kyrgios has the talent but not the zeal and drive.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

Khachanov

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Certainly not Coric. I doubt even Khachanov wins one. I would bet on Zverev, he is gonna win a slam eventually, could be next year.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Thiem could make a push at the French Open, especially if Rafa isn't 100%.

DavidGoliath5003

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Thiem could make a push at the French Open, especially if Rafa isn't 100%.
    Yeah, Thiem or zverev once Rafa drops off. Thiewm has zero chance outside of Roland Garos... Zverev is in incredible shape... once he gets that schedule how he could easily win back to back slams. Wait until hes mid to late 20’s and in his prime.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Wait until hes mid to late 20’s and in his prime.
    Yeah, I think he'll level up in 2019 for sure, but still has a long way to go. He looked elite at times this year, but looked like sh1t a lot too. Couple more years.

I wonder what Djokovik's chances of making the R-G final are.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

coric is too inconsistent

DavidGoliath5003

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    Yeah, I think he'll level up in 2019 for sure, but still has a long way to go. He looked elite at times this year, but looked like sh1t a lot too. Couple more years.

I wonder what Djokovik's chances of making the R-G final are.
    I think Djokovic has a year left in him. Unfortunately his body will start to let him down now. Hes got another 2 slams in him i think. Im interested to see if Murray comes back. If he dosnt get healthy here soon i see him retiring. If Nadal wants to stay on top he should just play clay tournies. Mark my words zverev will dominate in his mid 20’s

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

I think Djokovic has a year left in him. Unfortunately his body will start to let him down now. Hes got another 2 slams in him i think. Im interested to see if Murray comes back. If he dosnt get healthy here soon i see him retiring. If Nadal wants to stay on top he should just play clay tournies. Mark my words zverev will dominate in his mid 20’s
    Probably correct on Zverev, he can play on any surface.. has all the weapons.. Djokovic I would dare to say maybe even more than 2 slams..but I am his fan so.. But knew he would make strong comeback.. He takes care of his body..We will see

BetLoose18
    BetLoose18's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see Coric ever winning a slam. Khachano will win a slam/slams in his career it next year might be too soon.
    Djokovic will still be at the top of the game for 2 years or so be hard to win majors especially if Nadal is fit at RG.

The young guns are stepping up but they haven't done anything in best out of 5 yet. Zverev has been a let down in slams but will get there eventually

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

dimitrov nation will rise

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Not going to say 0% chance for both, but don't see either happening.
    Khachanov doesn't have the mental ability yet to run down 5 setters for 2 weeks.
    I will say Coric knows he can beat anyone at any given time and if things went his way could make a deep run with a good draw but I just can't see him run down a slam without a bigger serve (although it did improve last year).

I like both players and made a ton betting khachanov last year, but don't have any faith as far as them winning a slam.

If I had to predict one I'd go with Khachanov to make the longshot miracle run at Wimbledon.

DavidGoliath5003

Well that was quick with Murray retiring. Delpotro trying to talk him out of it

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    dimitrov nation will rise

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Reading this thread made me realize how special Rafa is; dude is fragile as glass and yet despite the injuries is almost always guaranteed to win a Slam... Zverev is special, but has to wait for the likes of Fed, Djoko and Rafa to drop off
    He better be careful cause he could be Berdych, Dimitrov or Kei special and that won't end well if those 3 push the limits for another 2 yrs. If he's worth anything now is his time!

beefcake
    Update your status

Yeah creditto nadal for hanging in there all these years...Guy is the Ultimate Grinder..

Odds are 25-1 for Karen and 50-1 For Coric...FYI...

nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

Coric has no weapons to win a major. I predict he's gonna have a career similar to Nishi/Tsonga honestly, unless he develops something in the upcoming years. It's all about Tsi/Zverev/Khachanov/Shapo.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Bet each for 4 majors..if one makes a final a hedge might give you profit on all 8 of those bets.Both seem to have taken the next step to being a 2nd tier player.Worth it?
    Nice look. Let's see if Khachanov is as hungry as last year

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by nuxx?? View Post
    Coric has no weapons to win a major. I predict he's gonna have a career similar to Nishi/Tsonga honestly, unless he develops something in the upcoming years. It's all about Tsi/Zverev/Khachanov/Shapo.
    Don't forget Medvedev.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well Karen you suck..lets go Borna!

beefcake
    Update your status

Coric through! And dam popyrin is giving pouille fits.Could be an easier road.