nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

Lajovic

I think he has a pretty good shot tomorrow, he's playing some really good tennis. Came back after being a set down against Delpo today, and thats the only set he's lost so far. Anderson on the other hand beat somewhat tired Kohl, who looked totally disinterested in 1st set, had a chance to take 2nd set down but blew it.

Seaward843
    Seaward843's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

One previous meeting on the hard courts at Miami last year, Kandy in straights 6-2 7-5. I thought Lajovic was out in the first round to Khachanov, then surely out to Gasquet, but then even Delpo couldn't do it. I haven't seen any of his matches but heard he is just playing superb tennis right now, limiting errors and coming up with winners. Haven't seen any of Anderson's matches either but he had a little trouble in the first set with Kukushkin in the second round. It seems like Madrid is playing fast for clay which is always a fun argument as to whom that favors in this situation.

An interesting stat about Anderson though....he is 0-10 in Masters 1000 quarter finals. This is absolutely a mental hurdle for him.

Also a fair point to remember is Lajovic came through qualifying and has now won 5 straight matches in Madrid. Again I didn't see today's match against Delpo but it seems like it may have been a tough fought match (time on court 2 hours 15 min and a tiebreak in the 3rd set).

Anderson should be the fresher player with less time on court and he has the one head to head win for some confidence. Tough one to call, my gut says Anderson gets over the hurdle and into his first Masters 1000 semi but I have picked against Lajovic all week and all week he has proven me wrong.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

I'm afraid if I get on him now, he'll lose.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Fast Clay court in Madrid.. i watched Lajovic vs Gasquet he needed to hit forehand winners vs Gasquet and he did just that... hes been hitting well all week... Delpotro is pretty much a better version of Andersen... both guys should hold serve but Dusan’s backhand has been hitting well too

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Delpo is an idiot, nuff said. Should've converted his bp's in the 2nd set. Chance of Nadal losing a set close to zero with the way Thiem is playing.