Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Copa Telmex SF

Today: 0-1 (-1.30)

Posted: 2-1 (+1.55)

Albert Montanes +225
    1/2.22
    Don't get this one, Ferrer has already played today, Montanes got a bye to the semis. Had Ferrer at -150, so this match presents alot of value

Juan Monaco +117
    1/1.17
    Ferrero has played a lot of tennis, Monaco playing in his home country and has been impressive so far all week. This man is too good not to win a ATP 250 title on clay. Coming up short to Bellucci in the final in Chile. He took Brazil off so he could be ready to win this title. He gets it this week

Good Luck to everyone as always

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't go against JCF personally. I don't think he's tired either. Look at his results. He's been dismantling most of his opponents and spending very little time on-court outside of that last match. I'm not totally surprised by the line for Ferrer. Montanes hasn't played anyone worth a damn in this tournament and got the walkover to get to the semis, while Ferrer has been pretty solid. Wouldn't pay that much for Ferrer, but I think he wins.

Good luck to ya though since I probably won't be invested in either, hope you hit at least one!

EaglesPhan36

Monaco absolutely fell apart in the 2nd set. I think he was up 4-2 and let JCF come back. JCF up in the breaker looking to finish him off.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

really weird, all the argentinians falling out of this one

EaglesPhan36

Just goes to show that home court advantage can be overrated in tournaments IMO. Only time I really think a player has an edge like that is in Davis Cup or Fed Cup. Otherwise, they might get a slight lift from playing at home, but it comes more down to talent,form & surface.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Just goes to show that home court advantage can be overrated in tournaments IMO. Only time I really think a player has an edge like that is in Davis Cup or Fed Cup. Otherwise, they might get a slight lift from playing at home, but it comes more down to talent,form & surface.
    not exactly, look at the other two tournaments going on right now, 2 frenchies in the marseille final and two americans in the final in memphis

in my experience home court advantage improves a players game, by how much depends on the player and the day

EaglesPhan36

And last week a Spaniard won San Jose. And a Spaniard won in Brazil. There are certainly some tournaments where players definitely do own up and play their very best, but I think form, surface, etc. are still bigger factors in the majority of matches. If you look at the number of entrants, there were half of the seeded players in Marseilles that were French. There was only a remote chance they wouldn't get one into the final. Same in Memphis. Lots of Americans in Memphis too 8 (3 seeds) and some of the seeded players were in poor form (Stepanek/Kohlschreiber) or mental (Berdych). Just my opinion that you can overrate home court advantage if you don't look at all the factors together.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 02-20-10 at 06:43 PM.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I agree that there is little home court advantage. I think it seems that way because there is generally more local entrants so it seems as though there is an advantage when one ends up winning or making it to the final like in Memphis and Marseilles.