Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

What do you like about Taro here?

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

I like Taro aswell.

Karlovic will always be dangerous with one of the absolutely best serves on the tour, but on the clay the serve doesn't have the same impact. Also Karlovic movement is definetely not the best, which is an important factor on clay. Especially the ability to slide on the clay, where his massive height is a disadvantage.

Taro always plays decent, and he took down Djokovic in IW (though he is not at his best right now), so he is in ok form.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Well you have to take into consideration that clay courts in Houston are faster then many hard courts on the tour. With that being said, Karlovic will be able to inforce a lot of first strike tennis here and play far away from Daniel's strenght, which is movement, defense, being solid from the baseline.

terrenceross
    terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Reasons to bet Taro today

1) Better rally game

2) Better return game

3) More of a strategic serve, which is beneficial for clay

4) He has statistically done really well on clay

5) Hes an underdog!

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Well you have to take into consideration that clay courts in Houston are faster then many hard courts on the tour. With that being said, Karlovic will be able to inforce a lot of first strike tennis here and play far away from Daniel's strenght, which is movement, defense, being solid from the baseline.
    This is a good analysis, and I am sure Karlo will get his free points as per usual. I just cant help playing a successful clay court player as underdog over a guy that literally has to serve perfect to win.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    This is a good analysis, and I am sure Karlo will get his free points as per usual. I just cant help playing a successful clay court player as underdog over a guy that literally has to serve perfect to win.
    Thanks. The way I see it, Taro will have difficulties to return the serve, get Ivo on the move and make clay court adventage an important factor. And when you play an elite server like Ivo. And you find yourself in position not touching his serve in first couple of games, it creates a lot of pressure on your own serve. And believe that Karlovic knows how to put punish weak 2nd serves. Either going with forhend big, or chipping it with backhand slice and coming to the net immidietly.
    I'm staying away just because of his poor form this year. Good luck to you guys!

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Old man Ivo pulled something in first service game. Looks like lower back issue.

terrenceross

Yup, this one is over looks like