ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Ostapenko - Svitolina

Hello

Can I please get your thoughts on this match.

I think 3.40 on Ostapenko is tempting, though Svitolina is rightly the favourite.

alexalexex
    alexalexex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

20-25 mph winds again today. Svit 3-0 vs top
    10 opponents this year. Osta has an easier path in Miami regarding the draw. Both players have ? 2nd serves. I might take a shot with Osta but very small play if that.

alexalexex

There were tons of break point opportunities in their only match at Wimbledon. 2nd serve issues against each other was what I was referring to above. Can osta hit through svit defense. That’s the real question

alexalexex

Plus 4.5 games is tempting on osta

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

I have svit 2-0 @-114

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by alexalexex View Post
    Plus 4.5 games is tempting on osta
    agreed

alexalexex

With lots of potential break point opportunities I’m in for plus 4.5 games osta

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Why is Svit such a favorite here? My book has -265. Nuts.

alexalexex

In only head to head svit was 4 of 15 on break points. Osta was 6 of 10. Svit was up 5-2 in 2nd set and lost it in a tie breaker. Both svit and osta last 2 rounds went over the total also.

flabrah5

Love the game line, book doesn't have it. I can't find the guts to take Osto ML, so Svit ML it is for me. I see a close match as well so here's to hoping we all win with a 6-4;6-4 Svit advance.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

So many lost serves. I'm heavy on Svitolina so hopefully she can come back.

flabrah5

This match is frustrating for both sides. 5 breaks and counting..

flabrah5

Both their return win rates are higher than their service win rates. Oh the WTA - gotta love it (I guess).

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Nobody mentioned +1.5 set Osta

Worried she might tank the 2nd set and burn the game handicap. Hope Im wrong.

flabrah5

Good point. In hindsight, anything is up for grabs at this rate. Who knows what'll happen.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Break fest.

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

is svitolina injured? or just a mental idiot

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

not sure which oyster was fixing harder.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Won a fluke bet placed when Svit was up 3-2 in the 2nd set.

Placed 03/28/2018 11:24 AM
    OSTAPENKO, J VS. SVITOLINA, E -
    Risk: 10.00 - Win: 163.70
    RBL - Correct Score in Set 2
    OSTAPENKO, J 7:6 SVITOLINA, E
    Game start 03/28/2018 11:27 AM

flabrah5

Wow. Just wow. That's what I get for backing such a big WTA fave. Tell me Osto gets broke 3 times in each of the first two sets and I'd probably throw the mortgage on Svit.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

damn ostapenko couldnt miss

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Welk done on calling the value on miss Ostapenko.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Ostapenko will win another major this year at this rate. I'd take her over S.W. or anyone else for that matter. If she hits the shots, she can't be beat. it's a very simple concept. She is physically superior to just about any girl out there.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Ostapenko will win another major this year at this rate. I'd take her over S.W. or anyone else for that matter. If she hits the shots, she can't be beat. it's a very simple concept. She is physically superior to just about any girl out there.
    In what way? If we're talking about her heavy ball, there's bunch of girls that can hit just as hard.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Being someone who was on Ostapenko before anyone knew who she was (I had her +10000 at Rolland Garros last year), I'm not sure about her winning a major this year just yet.
    I don't think you've watched her much in 2018. She's been a disaster for most of it.
    She's ran lucky this week though and racked up a few wins.
    Basically caught Svitolina on a brutal day of chokes and shoulda lost, beat Kvitova who was struggling all week, had a cake walk against Maia who isn't a real threat to begin with, and beat babos who choked on every single break point she had the whole match and should have won honestly (I bet Osta in this one and felt like I stole something when she won).
    Love rooting for Osta but she's not in any kind of form right now to be excited about and can play much better than she has so far in 2018.
    We will see how her confidence changes when the clay season starts though. Having that French title should pump her up a bit in a few weeks.
    I think Collins beats her today.

franklissa
    franklissa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Being someone who was on Ostapenko before anyone knew who she was (I had her +10000 at Rolland Garros last year), I'm not sure about her winning a major this year just yet.
    I don't think you've watched her much in 2018. She's been a disaster for most of it.
    Basically caught Svitolina on a brutal day of chokes and shoulda lost, beat Kvitova who was struggling all week, had a cake walk against Maia who isn't a real threat to begin with, and beat babos who choked on every single break point she had the whole match and should have won honestly (I bet Osta in this one and felt like I stole something when she won).
    Love rooting for Osta but she's not in any kind of form right now to be excited about and can play much better than she has so far in 2018.
    We will see how her confidence changes when the clay season starts though. Having that French title should pump her up a bit in a few weeks.
    I agree sir. osta has ran into some luck. Svit looked terrible yesterday. This collins girl is very determined, and doesnt really make many errors. Osta can be an error machine at any given day

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    You are right that she had a cupcake draw so far. But I'd argue that luck is the only difference comparing her performances from Miami and earlier tournaments this season. Imho coaching made a big difference here. I know that she is working with David Taylor since december, but for some reason he was not there with her earlier this year. That latvian guy was coming on to the court during time outs and she was just completely lost most of the times. With Taylor in her box, she's doing much better. I think that's the big reason for the improvement.

But I'm on Collins as well today. Good luck!

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    You are right that she had a cupcake draw so far. But I'd argue that luck is the only difference comparing her performances from Miami and earlier tournaments this season. Imho coaching made a big difference here. I know that she is working with David Taylor since december, but for some reason he was not there with her earlier this year. That latvian guy was coming on to the court during time outs and she was just completely lost most of the times. With Taylor in her box, she's doing much better. I think that's the big reason for the improvement.

But I'm on Collins as well today. Good luck!
    Yeah, she's developed quite the attitude with coaches so I'm not really sure what's going on with all that.
    She definitely has a temper....Could be an issue
    The one thing I'll never forget was the awkwardness of this visit........

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

She had that problem in the past. And there's bunch of girls on the tour that just don't take on-court coaching well and are using it just to get their frustration out on somebody. Big loss for them, because it's great adventage for someone that uses it in a positive way. If we get back to Ostapenko, she comunicates really well with Taylor. Very relaxed conversaiton most of the times and implements his advice into her game immidietly.