QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Pera +116 over McHale

I try to stay away from women's tennis so I think I'll play this one small. I just had to post this one though.

I posted here a couple times about how I bet on McHale a couple months ago. She had a bad call go against her and folded the rest of the match. She proceeded to lose 6 matches in a row until winning today against a woman ranked #402.

Fast forward to Sunday morning early. She plays Pera who had a good run recently in the Aussie Open including beating #9 Konta 2:0 before losing eventually to #20 Strycova.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Pera destroys McHale 6-3, 6-0. There must be something wrong with McHale.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Pera destroys McHale 6-3, 6-0. There must be something wrong with McHale.
    There is, she sucks
    Good call nice winner

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    There is, she sucks
    Good call nice winner
    Thanks.

She had a halfway decent record last year. That's why I can't understand all the recent losses.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Thanks.

She had a halfway decent record last year. That's why I can't understand all the recent losses.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of her. Just another typical American player who doesn't have much heart.
    By the way, I think Konta smashes Pera tonight in the revenge rematch. Interested to see if Konta goes full throttle start to finish here and sends a message after her embarrassment at the Aussie Open to her. Would like to see her put up a bagel in one of these sets.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of her. Just another typical American player who doesn't have much heart.
    By the way, I think Konta smashes Pera tonight in the revenge rematch. Interested to see if Konta goes full throttle start to finish here and sends a message after her embarrassment at the Aussie Open to her. Would like to see her put up a bagel in one of these sets.
    Good call. Pera put up a good fight in the 1st set losing 6-7 but Konta took over in the 2nd set winning 6-1.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Pera lost first 8 games against Vondrousova and now she's about the win the match. I have Pera and over for this match

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Take a look at the scoreline for this match

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller View Post
    Take a look at the scoreline for this match

Pera goes down 0-6, 0-2 and ends up winning 0-6, 6-3, 6-0. In other words she lost the first 8 and then won 12 out of the next 13. I wonder what happened to Vondrousova to cause her to lose her mind in this match.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I missed it. A couple days ago McHale struggles to beat #231 Hesse 7-5, 6-3 in Dubai in her first match (I've actually been to that venue. It's a nice stadium.)

Then yesterday she plays against #45 Stosur. The line is -189 for Stosur but the Asian Handicap is -2 1/2 -112! Stosur walks away with the match 6-4, 6-2.

The under would have been a good bet too as the total was at 21 1/2.