JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I played both Americans Isner and Querrey last night and both won.. Not a bad idea to keep playing them again in the next round...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I played both Americans Isner and Querrey last night and both won.. Not a bad idea to keep playing them again in the next round...
    Keep an eye on the heat. I would say Querrey is better conditioned. Gotta check who they play next though. Lavojcic basically handed the match away, Isner didn't really earn it. He was laboring out there big time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Keep an eye on the heat. I would say Querrey is better conditioned. Gotta check who they play next though. Lavojcic basically handed the match away, Isner didn't really earn it. He was laboring out there big time.
    Isner did struggle and yes he did almost lose that match last night.. I agree.. Isner is facing Tsitsipas next and I think he should get the win tomorrow though regardless..

You are paying a price to play them both straight in their next matches though. I'm thinking to parlay them both up in a 2 teamer myself to bring down the price to even odds...

Wed 10/11 573 Stefanos Tsitsipas +195
    3:45AM 574 John Isner -235

Querrey good to go also..

Wed 10/11 517 Sam Querrey -250
    1:00AM 518 Frances Tiafoe +210
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-10-17 at 03:37 PM.

gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

Both are playing promising youngsters, with nothing to lose, I don't know if it's a good idea to parlay them both. I'm on Tsitsipas +2.5 and Querrey/Tiafoe Over 22.5, I think both matches will be close.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gambleForLife View Post
    Both are playing promising youngsters, with nothing to lose, I don't know if it's a good idea to parlay them both. I'm on Tsitsipas +2.5 and Querrey/Tiafoe Over 22.5, I think both matches will be close.
    Maybe, I'm certainly more confident with Querrey then I am Isner.. I'm already placed in the 2 teamer.. Let's see what sticks here? Going with the American vets that are ranked..

gambleForLife

Hope they both win 7-6 7-6, so everyone's happy lol.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I'm happy to see such good discussion in this thread in spite of my horrendous handicapping. I think we got a little assist from slapshot to get this to 3 pages.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm fading john isner tonight, especially with a book with only 1 set needs to be completed for action like 5dimes i think isner might retire today, he looked awful don't know how he won yesterday, so pissed bet with my local on johnson over kyrgiros but it was cancelled cuz their rule is match must be fully completed jeez, i'm taking a shot with the greek guy isner should of lost yesterday he will lose today i believe if he plays as bad as he did yesterday

Goat Milk

Querrey has a tougher opponent though today than Isner. I wouldn't touch Querrey.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot81 View Post
    i'm fading john isner tonight, especially with a book with only 1 set needs to be completed for action like 5dimes i think isner might retire today, he looked awful don't know how he won yesterday, so pissed bet with my local on johnson over kyrgiros but it was cancelled cuz their rule is match must be fully completed jeez, i'm taking a shot with the greek guy isner should of lost yesterday he will lose today i believe if he plays as bad as he did yesterday
    Agree, Isner looked awful, but that Greek guy is garbage bro. He's a kid who isn't even elite amongst the junior division. Isner should smoke him.

kidthrillz
    kidthrillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5425

are they going to play any of these matches today? I see that its in a rain delay. I'm finding it near impossible to find info anywhere (twitter and other sources).

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by kidthrillz View Post
    are they going to play any of these matches today? I see that its in a rain delay. I'm finding it near impossible to find info anywhere (twitter and other sources).
    They should play. Heat isn't a factor today. If anything it might be a little windy. Main matches will go on center court where the roof is closed

gambleForLife

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Agree, Isner looked awful, but that Greek guy is garbage bro. He's a kid who isn't even elite amongst the junior division. Isner should smoke him.
    He was Junior number 1.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

prediction Isner 6-4, 7-6

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    OK, here's one I just can't resist. I know I've said I'm going to not bet many ITF bets but this one I really like. Guo beat Stojanovich 6-1 in the first set in her previous match before taking the second set in a tie-breaker.

Guo +7 over Peng

This is just too many games to give after such a great effort last night. Peng shouldn't have any effort to win by so much.
    2-6, 6-7

Hey, I got a winner!! Maybe my luck is changing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cash it.. Never in doubt... Americans are on it..

$100.00 $99.60 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 10/11/17 1:00am ATP Tennis 517 Sam Querrey -250* vs Frances Tiafoe
    Win 10/11/17 3:45am ATP Tennis 574 John Isner -235* vs Stefanos Tsitsipas

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Guo +7 over Peng 2-6, 6-7

Hey, I got a winner!! Maybe my luck is changing.
    Xiyu Wang +6.5 over Peng

Peng showed us yesterday that she's not interesting in putting out a full effort at this stage of the tournament.

Wang is an up-and-coming player who beat #103 ranked Danka Kovinic in her last match.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Cash it.. Never in doubt... Americans are on it..

$100.00 $99.60 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 10/11/17 1:00am ATP Tennis 517 Sam Querrey -250* vs Frances Tiafoe
    Win 10/11/17 3:45am ATP Tennis 574 John Isner -235* vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
    Nice JIBBBY!

rgrant2214
    rgrant2214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

What’s the winner tonight? Wang?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

R-Fed -4 1/2 over Dolgopolov
    Going with the handicap on the big favorite here because of what I call the "Sloane Stephens" angle. Stephens was injured so got lots of rest. I'm thinking this tournament is a lull on the long road and that's why the big faves aren't doing so well. R-Fed should be an exception.

Federer hasn't played since the US Open with the exception of handling Schwartzman in his previous match in this tournament which is saying something since Schwartzman has been playing well. Dolgo hasn't really impressed me. He did play well against Medvedev but Med hadn't won a match since July.

gambleForLife

I'm on Fed as well, BOL

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Xiyu Wang +6.5 over Peng
    Loss 2-6, 2-6

R-Fed -4 1/2 over Dolgopolov
    WINNER!
    The more I thought about this bet the more I thought I should have taken it on the -1 1/2 sets line. It turns out a winner anyway.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by gambleForLife View Post
    I'm on Fed as well, BOL
    Nice win. What is it you liked about Fed?

I really think this rest angle works. I see a lot of the big favorites falling in this tournament. If we could tell which players looked tired we could make some money playing the big underdog.

gambleForLife

Nice win. What is it you liked about Fed?

I really think this rest angle works. I see a lot of the big favorites falling in this tournament. If we could tell which players looked tired we could make some money playing the big underdog.
    Cash it

Fed's first match was close, but I think it had more to do with Diego's good form than Fed playing bad. He looked rusty at some points, especially at the backhand, but he played good overall, so I expected him to play even better today.
    Besides that, Dolgo is a notorious loser against top players and had a terrible H2H against Fed, his game just doesn't fit Fed's. And he struggled in all of his matches in this tournament (2 close games in Qualifying, 3 sets to beat a dying Sock and a past his prime Lopez).

I agree with your angle. Not all players play great after a long rest, but Fed is one of the few that do. This year's Australian Open says it all. Still needs to find that 1st quarter backhand again if he wants to beat Nadal though.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Parlay:

McHale & R-Fed -1 1/2 sets

I really like McHale here. She's playing Errani who completely owned McHale until 2015 when McHale completely beat her soundly in the two matches since. Errani has only beaten one top 100 player in her last 6 tournaments. One caveat, she had been suspended for doping and sat out a couple months so she could be rested.

I don't expect Gasquet to win a set on Federer.

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Anyone think Ndal drops a set? Dimitrov +1.5 @ +100. Usually gets one in their previous hard court matches.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by flabrah5 View Post
    Anyone think Ndal drops a set? Dimitrov +1.5 @ +100. Usually gets one in their previous hard court matches.
    Yes! Good eye. I don't know if Dimitrov wins this but I think he takes a set.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Parlay:

McHale & R-Fed -1 1/2 sets

I really like McHale here. She's playing Errani who completely owned McHale until 2015 when McHale completely beat her soundly in the two matches since. Errani has only beaten one top 100 player in her last 6 tournaments. One caveat, she had been suspended for doping and sat out a couple months so she could be rested.

I don't expect Gasquet to win a set on Federer.
    What a crock! McHale was up 1 set and was leading 6-5, 30-30 and Errani hit one out, the lines person said "out" but the chair called it in. No replay, no review, no nothing. McHale would have gone up 40-30 serving for the match. Instead, she was at 30-40 and lost the game and then the set.

I then thought I would hedge out on Errani but Pin-bet didn't offer any more bets on this match.

I can't believe I'm betting good money on a match that is played in a city park with bleachers and no one claps when a point is made.

I do think there is something to this "rested" theory since Errani had been out for a couple months due to her being found guilty of doping. I think I will seriously consider betting on her in her next match.
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 10-13-17 at 04:40 AM.

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Yes! Good eye. I don't know if Dimitrov wins this but I think he takes a set.
    Good stuff! Got it in. Missed Troicki, thought hed take a set as well and he did.

Glgl - McHale was tough beat.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Going with fresh legs:

Errani +2 over Sabalenka

Sabalenka has been playing in consecutive tournaments and went long in Tashkent playing 4 matches. This is Errani's first tournament in 10 weeks.

Sabalenka lost to McHale in her last tournament (Beijing) while Errani beat McHale in her last outing.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Also going with:

Peng +5 over Sharapova
    Too many points to give in this stage of the tournament.

rgrant2214

Good luck to you

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by rgrant2214 View Post
    Good luck to you
    Thanks rgrant2214 but I'm afraid this tennis betting has run its course. It seems odd to me that I can do so well for a certain amount of time and then do so poorly.

rgrant2214

Part of betting

First 123