QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Wuhan Open (Ladies)

Sloane Stephens -4 over Qiang Wang
    My girl Sloane coming off a US Open victory. I've ridden her a lot lately since she came back from her injury. I believe that has caused her to be more fresh than the other players including Wang.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Finally a good thread. Good luck bud. She might lose the first set or it might be close.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Finally a good thread. Good luck bud. She might lose the first set or it might be close.
    Thanks man. I know, it's a square bet but I've just been winning with Sloane so I just guess I'll keep betting on her.

My past success has been pitting players who are quite bit different in terms of talent. That's what I need to get back to. That doesn't always mean betting the favorite. Until recently Sloane was an underdog a lot of times.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

She has a good coach which I thought she would have dumped by now because he's tough and gets the most out of her. I thought she would have gotten sick of him pushing her. 1st rounds are tricky, competitor already has a few matches in and has played in tourneys before this one so Wang in better form, Sloane has been on a countrywide tour after her Slam win and she's not defending any points, but with deep showings here and/or Beijing she does have a shot at Singapore. Im thinking about the over 20 myself.

wilbs
    wilbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Beware of the grand slam hang over. I doubt she would've been training much over the last few weeks. Probably been on the Chandon & Moet and In & Out burgers.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by wilbs View Post
    Beware of the grand slam hang over. I doubt she would've been training much over the last few weeks. Probably been on the Chandon & Moet and In & Out burgers.
    LOL! Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind (well, maybe not the In & Out burgers). Like I said before, this is a square bet but Sloane has just been overachieving and I think it is due to her freshness. Tennis can wear down these players playing week after week. Sloane is still on fresh legs, Wang Chung is not.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    She has a good coach which I thought she would have dumped by now because he's tough and gets the most out of her. I thought she would have gotten sick of him pushing her. 1st rounds are tricky, competitor already has a few matches in and has played in tourneys before this one so Wang in better form, Sloane has been on a countrywide tour after her Slam win and she's not defending any points, but with deep showings here and/or Beijing she does have a shot at Singapore. Im thinking about the over 20 myself.
    Good input. As far as the early matches go, one of the reasons I took this one is because the players like to show dominance early and this is a good spot for Sloane to put some fear in the other ladies with this weak opponent.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by wilbs View Post
    Yep. Looks like she's had a few too many Double-Doubles Animal Style! Good point to note.

wilbs
    wilbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Bad read. Probably the last person to bet on this Asian swing given her euphoric last few weeks.

reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Keys taking a dump too. Shocker. Just watched Gava put 3 doubles into the net to lose against Goerges. Pretty sure the last one bounced before it got there.