tennisbet
    tennisbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Does Fernando Verdasco fix matches ?

I think he is one that realizes he will never be the best so he fixes matches to make more money . I have seen him tank plenty of matches , would never bet on him .

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

No people just forget these are human beings. Most top players are gay. Good looking straight guys like this deal with women like all of us. If he is missing an edge it's cause he was out with strippers night before or his gf was being a oyster. Never forget these are people too. They are doing same shit you would do if you travel. Look at Feds wife you really think he likes women. Nadal clearly likes men. Djokovic was on his game until he started cheating on his wife. Top 100 don't fix for most part. A few rare examples but it's mostly because they like to party like me and you and they are on the road and have women throwing themselves at them. What would you do? Think about it

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    No people just forget these are human beings. Most top players are gay. Good looking straight guys like this deal with women like all of us. If he is missing an edge it's cause he was out with strippers night before or his gf was being a oyster. Never forget these are people too. They are doing same shit you would do if you travel. Look at Feds wife you really think he likes women. Nadal clearly likes men. Djokovic was on his game until he started cheating on his wife. Top 100 don't fix for most part. A few rare examples but it's mostly because they like to party like me and you and they are on the road and have women throwing themselves at them. What would you do? Think about it
    My gaydar was going off watching the Zvedev match and the Shapovalov matches. Shap was definitely hitting out shots against Mannarino early on. My guess is that he was getting the live action line up and those bettors were cashing after he won.

tennisbet

Thanx for the good expalanation. I tend to agree with you . But let me run this past you real quick . Verdasco was steam rolling Mannarino in Turkey ( Antalya open) . Verdasco was dominating the match against Mannarino , Verdasco was winning 6-2 4-1 ( he was up 40-15 serving in the 6th game second set) . Then all of a sudden Verdasco loses the game after being broken , and the entire momentum of the match swings toward Mannarino . Verdasco loses the match 6-2 5-7 2-6 ... I watched the match and clearly Verdasco was not the same player at all . The entire momentum swung on a dime , I was shocked . In this match I believe Verdasco either tired out or fixed this match . I did lose on this bet , but to fall off a cliff like he did in this match , was pretty dramatic . It was a pretty similar shock like the Super Bowl comeback for New England. Guess anything can happen in sports !

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Hard to tell but such momentum swings do occur not only in tennis but in most other sports.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

verdasco has been under the scope for awhile. if he's not dirty he's a pretty trashy player. has wayyyyy too many questionable losses on his resume

tennisbet

Go blue ( Michigan ) Verdasco is a cheater and should be nailed , the guy is bs man .

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

He's always been rumoured to be a fixer. But whether he is or not, he's definitely not one to put money on. Too sporadic and often plays like trash in matches he should win with one arm.

tennisbet

Shari 91 ... That's hilarious ... but 100 percent true !!!

tennisbet

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    He's always been rumoured to be a fixer. But whether he is or not, he's definitely not one to put money on. Too sporadic and often plays like trash in matches he should win with one arm.

I love it !!!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I never bet that guy. His best years are way behind him. Also, he's always cared more about how looks than tennis.

tennisbet

After losing to Mannarino , I am convinced he has always rigged matches and purposely lost to Mannarino . His bod language during the match tells all .

anyways , Us open is almost here !!! Can't wait to get the mad betting on !!