ClydeFontaine
    ClydeFontaine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Special K at +270

Too much chalk simply because of the home court advantage. Tamarine is older and craftier but Sesil can cannon from the baseline.

Definitely worth a shot.

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

i don't understand exactly why this tanasugarn is such high chalk here...makes no sense...favourite for sure, but not that much....special k is been playing well as of late...but she is sure due for a let down to get back to her normal unpredictable self

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Tanasugarn is heavy chalk, I agree. I think it's a combination of overinflated homecourt hype, and the fact that she's been playing well. She waxed Karatantcheva in their last encounter, a few weeks ago at the AO and has been playing superbly thus far in Pattaya. Interestingly, Tamarine was the +200 underdog there. So, one month removed from that matchup where she was a +200 dog, Tamarine has been installed as the -300 favorite. That's quite a shift. However, I am not jumping over people to get to the ticket booth with Sesil Karatantcheva. I had her as a slight favorite in the previous round with Bychkova and had to sweat it out big time. Bychkova committed 20, yes 20! double faults and it still took the young Kazakhi 3 sets and well over 3 hours to dispatch of her. Tanasugarn plays steady, solid tennis and when she's on, she can pound it from the baseline with the best of them. I think Karatantcheva will come out a bit sluggish and the veteran Thai will continue her hot form in front of the home crowd.

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

yup...special k back to her wretched out of form self