DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

What just happened in the Almagro/Klizan match?

After Almagro holds to make it 3-0 in the third set, Klizan starts arguing with the umpire. It's a long argument and my shitty stream didn't have any commentators, so I had no idea what it was about. Klizan is visibly frustrated though and eventually even the supervisor comes out to speak with him. Based on his body language, Klizan loses the argument and when play is resumed, the score is 5-0 instead of 3-0?!?! Anyone ever see anything like this before?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I wonder if the match would just be considered a push or no bet at that point.
    I didn't see or hear what happened, but for a player to be just awarded multiple games seems like action might not count.

DR225

I wish...I had Klizan prematch and then live bet Almagro after the 2nd set and all the bets have been graded.

Regul8er
    Wordd

hmmmm......sounds like you better off the official just awarding Almagro another game, then it wouldn't typically have been a completed match.

This is a strange one.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

This is the first time I have ever heard this...I will upload the match highlight here later if there is one...
    The official score shows it is a completed match though, so I am not sure how the bet will be treated Just a guess, I guess it will be settled as normal bet.
    Last edited by gorwin068; 04-17-17 at 09:15 AM.

DR225

I think as long as the Ump says game, set, match, then all bets are valid. I remember a while back Dimitrov was forfeiting a couple points against Schwartzman by smashing his racket. I'm guessing the ump told him to stop arguing or I'll give the games to Almagro and Klizan didn't care since he was likely going to lose the 3rd set anyway.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im sure you guys are right......I guess you were best off Klizan just saying, "Screw it, I'm out of here" lol.

SOunds like he probably should have.

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    After Almagro holds to make it 3-0 in the third set, Klizan starts arguing with the umpire. It's a long argument and my shitty stream didn't have any commentators, so I had no idea what it was about. Klizan is visibly frustrated though and eventually even the supervisor comes out to speak with him. Based on his body language, Klizan loses the argument and when play is resumed, the score is 5-0 instead of 3-0?!?! Anyone ever see anything like this before?
    http://www.menstennisforums.com/2-ge...6-3-6-1-a.html

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Thanks for the video. Such a mental act from him.