gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

I think I just watched a fixed match - Svitolina

Mattek-Sands vs Svitolina, pre-match odd of this top 10 lady Svitolina was 1.16 against a typical doubles player only
    She was 4-2 up and even 30-0 at Mattek-Sands serve in second set, and then lost all 4 straight points back, 4-3. OK, then on her next service game it was even more ridiculous, she was obviously hitting double faults intentionally to throw the break back, hitting the ball very softly into the net. 4-4...
    and then lost the remaining 2 games to throw the match.

I was thinking of pounding Mattek-Sands when Svitolina intended to throw the break back at 4-4...but i didn't

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

We're in trouble.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Muguruza couldn't win a single game in the 1st set against McHale.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Muguruza couldn't win a single game in the 1st set against McHale.
    not there yet, still more to come lol...even 0-2 in second set now...lost 8 games in a row since the start of the match

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Matches are suspended due to rain though, it should resume tomorrow instead, Muguruza should be happy with it...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Probably, didnt see it, Mattek was horrible yesterday but somehow won. Ive seen Svit tank 2nd sets before when she knew she'd win the 3rd. They like to play hard go deep in some tourneys cash fat checks then relax, lotta tourneys. She's top ten now and gonna be feeling alot more pressure, doubt the synapses fire well in that big head of hers under stress.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Here it is look at how she threw the match away since 35:50 and especially those intentional double faults of her service game at 4-3 up. First serve is way out, and hitting the second serve like hitting a heavy iron ball into the net for making double faults

Last edited by gorwin068; 03-24-17 at 01:02 AM.

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

A surprise loss does not mean it was rigged.

As long as there was no suspicious odds movement before the match, it was clean IMO.

bettingmosquito

The odds at Pinnacle opened at 1.18 and closed at the same price of 1.18, so nothing rigged here.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

But the odds wouldn't really reflect everything sometimes, the odds were normal but what happened in 2nd set was pretty suspicious.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

gorwin I watched the replay, Sands was real sharp, the momentum
    swung her way. on those Elina serves it appears she hit the edge of
    her racquet. I really doubt she would throw that match. She is moving up
    and seemed real upset with herself. She doesn't fit the profile.

The profile for match throwers are players whose peak is in the past,
    they have gone as far as they can but still book as favorites, usually
    older and moving through low-prize tournaments. She doesn't match.
    With women you have to look into the boyfriend or husband and family,
    her family is a clean tennis family and she doesn't have a shady boyfriend.
    She actually has no boyfriend so maybe that is a contributor to her flakiness.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Oliver Anderson?

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Watched the ending of this match, definitely not fixed.
    You guys have no clue. Fixed matches are not those where one player wins a set 6:0 or wins 90% of the last 20 points. What kind of moron would fix a match in this manner? Come on.
    Don't get me wrong, there definitely is match fixing in tennis (particularly on the futures circuit), but it's done expertly. None of you clowns complaining about ATP or WTA match fixing because you lost a bet or two would even detect any of those fixes...

sunshineSpecial

If you look at previous cases of match fixing, it hasn't been done "expertly." They actually drew attention to themselves by betting large amounts all at the same time on unlikely outcomes. It has also tended to involve live betting on individual sets/games, or when a player goes up to maximize returns of betting against, and then tanks. None of this would affect pre-game odds.

For anyone coming from formerly soviet regions, you have to consider how ingrained black markets are in their cultures. There's a lot of scum who feel they've invested in a player's development, and they expect to be repaid. If you're feeling overly paranoid, it's good to remind yourself of stories like this:

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-03-...-kidnap-victim

That said, you'll go nuts trying to figure out which games are fixed. As a general rule: if you're depending on a player and they underperform, 99% is was dirty.

sunshineSpecial

The bigger problem in tennis is players showing up for tournaments out of shape, or with significant undisclosed injuries. If I invest in a company and their accountants publish misleading information, I have legal options. If I put money on a player, I have zero protection. This is profoundly unfair.

Gilles Simon (1-6, 1-6) should be in a Miami prison tonight awaiting trial.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    Oliver Anderson?
    lol yea that ridiculous service game from Svitolina was just pretty much the same as the one from Oliver Anderson, hitting the first serve way out and 2nd serve was even worse. Oliver was charged of match fixing by the police in the end. Here is the evidence...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/c...06-gtn7y9.html

Last edited by gorwin068; 03-25-17 at 12:11 AM.

bettingmosquito

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Watched the ending of this match, definitely not fixed.
    You guys have no clue. Fixed matches are not those where one player wins a set 6:0 or wins 90% of the last 20 points. What kind of moron would fix a match in this manner? Come on.
    Don't get me wrong, there definitely is match fixing in tennis (particularly on the futures circuit), but it's done expertly. None of you clowns complaining about ATP or WTA match fixing because you lost a bet or two would even detect any of those fixes...
    Couldnt agree more.

A good example of a fixed tennis match : http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/usa...l/#home-away;2

The odds of the match:
    (Verdasco vs Haas)

Now the odds... of the first set:

Verdasco lost the first set 3-6, won the second set 6-1. After that I believe the match was normal... Verdasco won 3 sets to 2 (US Open 2015).

bettingmosquito

And the same year, Metz 2015, again Verdasco vs Zverev.

Match odds: http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/fra...1/#home-away;2

1st set: http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/fra.../#home-away;12

Verdasco favorite to win the match... but not favorite (on Pinnacle) to win the 1s set

Mahowny82
    Mahowny82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5041

Can somebody take a look at where the ball bounces at 49:14 in the youtube video of the svitolina match. Is even hawk-eye in on the fix? ;-) If that's true we are in f... trouble.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Quote Originally Posted by Mahowny82 View Post
    Can somebody take a look at where the ball bounces at 49:14 in the youtube video of the svitolina match. Is even hawk-eye in on the fix? ;-) If that's true we are in f... trouble.
    That one should be Out, just the problem of our viewing angle here. I believe they wouldn't ever dare to use the hawk-eye to fix, it is way too risky as there are spectators too...

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

You guys arent taking into account the inplay odds on say Bet365. This is ideal. The odds for Sands to win the 1st set would have been astronomical.

spankmythighs

....at 4-0 down

spankmythighs

Fixing is done on a set to set basis too especially with live betting. Fognini is the king of point fixing.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I bet a lot of tennis matches live and I've learned to always check the in match stats before placing a bet, especially on WTA. If a player is DF'ing an insane number of times, I won't bet on them even if they are in the lead.

And breaks in WTA mean next to nothing nowadays. If you bet live, wait for a break to come and then bet on the player just broken. You get way better odds because the computer programs running live betting in women's tennis over value break points. In men's tennis, you can't play that way bc breaks still are very meaningful.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

yup avoid fog matches but svitolina wouldnt risk her career over match fixing her potential for the rest of her career wouldnt come close to her thinking about even fixing

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

-700 fave today and lost. she sucks

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Yep I saw that too, she took 1st set but lost the match, can't imagine how the live odds would be...
    Women tennis is just a joke

reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Didn't she just win a tourney?

Seems like alot of these broads just show up and get bounced in the first round after a decent win.