Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Opelka will win the US Open in 2017

The young shall grow. Mr. Reilly Opelka, son of Mr. George Opelka, will win the next US Open. I came to this conclusion after so much thought and analysis. I'm sharing this with you all just so you know.
    It is written: Federer and Nadal won't win anymore grand slams. It is clear that Djokovic has fallen. Murray is 29 and will hold the No.1 spot only briefly. His fall is at hand. The Nishikoris, Raonics, Dimitrovs, and Tsongas of this evil world are not going anywhere. A young man in the mould of Reilly Opelka shall arise in the coming months and eventually seize the No.1 spot from Murray.
    I'll be making other predictions for 2017 in the coming weeks.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

I always worry that players of his size aren't able to handle the grind of tennis (Potro 2.0) but the guy has a better forehand then some of the current guys at a similarly height at his age in comparison.
    Not sure how players go about exploiting the height thing either, was pretty impressed with him in Atlanta.
    should make a big rise 600-700 spots though in the ext 12 months

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    I always worry that players of his size aren't able to handle the grind of tennis (Potro 2.0) but the guy has a better forehand then some of the current guys at a similarly height at his age in comparison.
    Not sure how players go about exploiting the height thing either, was pretty impressed with him in Atlanta.
    should make a big rise 600-700 spots though in the ext 12 months
    It helps their serve. His serve speed is in the mid 130s mph.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

I mean just in rallies, tall guys have good reach but they hate being moved around and made to bend down by drop shots and cross court shots.
    I think the kid has the tools too no doubt about it but I'd hate to see him he Isner 2.0 too

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    I mean just in rallies, tall guys have good reach but they hate being moved around and made to bend down by drop shots and cross court shots.
    I think the kid has the tools too no doubt about it but I'd hate to see him he Isner 2.0 too
    Me too.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Ha, I would say stranger things have happened but I dont think they have.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Wimbledon may suit him better than the USO as far as being a serious contender [I think he won the JR title there]

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Wimbledon may suit him better than the USO as far as being a serious contender [I think he won the JR title there]
    I may be wrong but I do think his game and serve is suited more to hard than grass courts.

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

His incredible serve will make him rise to the top 50 in 2017. A few good runs in the bigger tournaments, and he will be there in no time.

The good thing about Opelka is, that he is able to track balls at the baseline, despite being 211 cm..

Though he will be a tough nut to crack (read break), the best players of the tour will undoubtedly exploit his disadvantage in height when the rallies are going.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by ProDane View Post
    His incredible serve will make him rise to the top 50 in 2017. A few good runs in the bigger tournaments, and he will be there in no time.

The good thing about Opelka is, that he is able to track balls at the baseline, despite being 211 cm..

Though he will be a tough nut to crack (read break), the best players of the tour will undoubtedly exploit his disadvantage in height when the rallies are going.
    Thank you very much. I think he'll adjust to the rallies in time.

Conqueror

Now that Trump will be president, America will be great again. Therefore, Opelka will win the US Open next year.

JohnHanson
    JohnHanson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2248

Already injuried again? He gave walkover vs. Sandgren, today

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHanson View Post
    Already injuried again? He gave walkover vs. Sandgren, today
    Of course it's a minor injury. The US Open is far away in 2017.

JohnHanson
    JohnHanson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2248

Predicted the Simpsons also as Trump president, that Opelka will win, than I am betting outhright of course!