terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

terrenceross

terrenceross

3rd pick of this thread. Parlay Atlanta Hawks NBA ML with Kozlov Nishioka Over 21.5. BOL all tonight.
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-09-16 at 04:21 PM.

terrenceross

Fourth and last pick of the night is Red Bulls/SKC O 2.5 in MLS. Not in the parlay, just a solo. But you can add it to the parlay for added action. Il be back tomorrow for Monte Carlo which is one of my favourite tournaments to cap and watch. BOL all tonight.

terrenceross

Sock-Tards, We Ride

terrenceross

I think Sock wins the final. And I think the odds for that to happen will be somewhere in the range of -150. Might be too much chalk to lay with how good monaco is on this surface and how much monaco has to play for. Winning this tournament is way way bigger for Monaco than Sock so that is why I need a little less chalk than -150 to place a wager on the finals. If it is anywhere close to a pickem, I would hammer sock.

Sock should have no issues breaking Monaco who proved today that he was vulnerable with his second serve. Also his first is not really powerful, it is more strategic. Sock should have no problem figuring out Monaco's first and second serve. After all, he just played serve bot.

Now lets analyze the Monaco Lopez Matchup. When did monaco look weakest? When the points were quick.

When it was a baseline rally, it looked like Monaco was very comfortable. It is safe to say his base line rally ability is pretty much the only reason that he is in the finals.

Is Lopez the type of player who tries to play quick points? Not really in my opinion and Lopez's lack of desire to get deep into rallies with monaco was his ultimate downfall. Lopez is not good enough to play risky tennis all game. He needs to get down and dirty with his opponent. And dominate his serve. That is when Lopez is the world beater we know him to be. Lopez did not want to get down and dirty and his service game was seriously less than dominant. There were about 50 times in that match where Lopez could have chosen an easy shot, continued the rally, and set the point up better for him to win it. Instead, he remained content with bailing his opponent out with risky shots. THE PUNCHLINE OF THIS MATCH ANALYSIS is that there was a point when Monaco looked weaker. It was when Lopez was actually being consistent on the service line, and when he was ending points quickly. Jack Sock proved today that he can easily fill in the gaps which ultimately led Lopez to his downfall. Consistent serves, and the ability to end points quickly. When it gets down to the nitty gritty, Sock will have to hold his own on the base line. And in this area I have more faith in Sock's ability than Lopez. Yes it is likely that Monaco may be able to win more of the longer rallies, but if Sock can continue his serving success, and win 30-40% of baseline points, he should win the match.

Added cherries on top are that Americans have historically had success in Houston, and there will no doubt be a massive crown to cheer him on. Also, Socks past success on the big stage in Houston should eliminate any nerves the kid may have. As I said, -150 is too much juice for me. Monaco likely has all the points he needs to secure himself a place in some of the larger draws but a win in the finals would give him certainty in that regard. I personally can't lay -150 against a guy who has been so hot and who has so much to play for . Praying for a good line.
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-09-16 at 06:27 PM.

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Excellent analysis. Sock should win tomorrow. Far tougher clay court opponent than what he's seen so far. I like Coric over in Egypt.

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    Excellent analysis. Sock should win tomorrow. Far tougher clay court opponent than what he's seen so far. I like Coric over in Egypt.
    haven't been watching but i saw he was a dog. u have any angles for coric winning or u just feel it?

Breadloser
    Big Bear

A little of both. It would be his maiden title. That's really my only angle. I think if he stays composed he'll win.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    I think Sock wins the final. And I think the odds for that to happen will be somewhere in the range of -150. Might be too much chalk to lay with how good monaco is on this surface and how much monaco has to play for. Winning this tournament is way way bigger for Monaco than Sock so that is why I need a little less chalk than -150 to place a wager on the finals. If it is anywhere close to a pickem, I would hammer sock.

Sock should have no issues breaking Monaco who proved today that he was vulnerable with his second serve. Also his first is not really powerful, it is more strategic. Sock should have no problem figuring out Monaco's first and second serve. After all, he just played serve bot.

Now lets analyze the Monaco Lopez Matchup. When did monaco look weakest? When the points were quick.

When it was a baseline rally, it looked like Monaco was very comfortable. It is safe to say his base line rally ability is pretty much the only reason that he is in the finals.

Is Lopez the type of player who tries to play quick points? Not really in my opinion and Lopez's lack of desire to get deep into rallies with monaco was his ultimate downfall. Lopez is not good enough to play risky tennis all game. He needs to get down and dirty with his opponent. And dominate his serve. That is when Lopez is the world beater we know him to be. Lopez did not want to get down and dirty and his service game was seriously less than dominant. There were about 50 times in that match where Lopez could have chosen an easy shot, continued the rally, and set the point up better for him to win it. Instead, he remained content with bailing his opponent out with risky shots. THE PUNCHLINE OF THIS MATCH ANALYSIS is that there was a point when Monaco looked weaker. It was when Lopez was actually being consistent on the service line, and when he was ending points quickly. Jack Sock proved today that he can easily fill in the gaps which ultimately led Lopez to his downfall. Consistent serves, and the ability to end points quickly. When it gets down to the nitty gritty, Sock will have to hold his own on the base line. And in this area I have more faith in Sock's ability than Lopez. Yes it is likely that Monaco may be able to win more of the longer rallies, but if Sock can continue his serving success, and win 30-40% of baseline points, he should win the match.

Added cherries on top are that Americans have historically had success in Houston, and there will no doubt be a massive crown to cheer him on. Also, Socks past success on the big stage in Houston should eliminate any nerves the kid may have. As I said, -150 is too much juice for me. Monaco likely has all the points he needs to secure himself a place in some of the larger draws but a win in the finals would give him certainty in that regard. I personally can't lay -150 against a guy who has been so hot and who has so much to play for . Praying for a good line.
    made zero sense.

you like sock but -150 would too heavy chalk?

best get out of the tennis wagering game if you are scared about -150 on someone you predict to win. weak sauce

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Hope Kozlov takes set 2. He's still very young, but I like him to make some money this year.

Great job today! Please stick around for the rest of the clay season at least!

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    made zero sense.

you like sock but -150 would too heavy chalk?

best get out of the tennis wagering game if you are scared about -150 on someone you predict to win. weak sauce
    I would place -150 chalk in certain spots, its not against the rules or anything. I think that there is value in a Sock win at a certain price. -150 is not that price. Why does that make zero sense? I think 4/7 (the opening line) is pretty much the rock bottom price I would take.
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-09-16 at 07:31 PM.

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    Hope Kozlov takes set 2. He's still very young, but I like him to make some money this year.

Great job today! Please stick around for the rest of the clay season at least!
    Might be the first loss today. Make sure to play 1 unit on every play that you tail unless I tell you that it should be a larger play than usual. Only 5% of my bets are over 1 unit.

terrenceross

3-0 on tennis today.

Got fuggin robbed in soccer.

Still waiting for basketball result.

terrenceross

Im going to go 4-0 for the haters. Kozlov Live 13/8 to win set 3

terrenceross

Parlay comes through. 4-1 all sports

terrenceross

Price for sock is already down to 8/15. Big pass for me. BOL to anyone who does play though

terrenceross

Late night NBA - Timberwolves +8.5

terrenceross

4-0 tennis
    5-1 all sports
    1 pending play

Im going to the bar, il see everyone tomorrow.
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-09-16 at 09:18 PM.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Well done !

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Well done !

terrenceross

4-0 tennis
    6-1 all sports

i just picked up some fire kush so its going to be an interesting day of capping.
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-10-16 at 08:23 AM.

terrenceross

I might not have much today. Im spending all day capping Monte Carlo. Might be some NBA later tonight.

terrenceross

Sock has plummeted to 2/5 lol. My guess of -150 was directly smack dab in the middle of all this line movement.

terrenceross

Troicki Simon O 21.5

terrenceross

First monday Monte Carlo hammer is coming out early to beat the line movement. Bellucci 11/10 BOL all
    Last edited by terrenceross; 04-10-16 at 08:43 AM.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

keep up the good work brother

Stephens tonight @ final over Vesnina ?

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Omarion View Post
    keep up the good work brother

Stephens tonight @ final over Vesnina ?
    I swore off women's tennis when I swore off blackjack and craps.

But seriously, my only lean for that game is over 21.5.Not an official bet, just a lean based on experience in these situations.

terrenceross

MAvericks +5.5 - Lakers +14 - Nuggets +8 - Warriors +6 - Magic +10.5 - BOL to all tailers

terrenceross

Sock loses the second. I told u guys -150 was too much chalk. Monaco wins the match too often to justify that much chalk.

terrenceross

Good for Monaco for getting the win. He deserved it even if Sock looks a little injured. The dude made me boatloads all tournament and I regret not having the balls to continue riding the train up until the end.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Wow. Sock came back from 4-1, now up 5-4 on serve, and looks like he's about to die. Monaco has almost completed a WTA caliber meltdown.

12 Last