DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Juan Martin Del Potro is making his return at Delray Beach!

He is a -160 favorite vs Dennis Kudla, which is a bit puzzling since his last sighting was March 23rd 2015 in a less than impressive match vs Pospisil. I still remember all the double faults in the tiebreak that sank my bankroll. Anyway, how are you guys going to play this? I'm probably going to bet him small for nostalgia reasons since I've been a huge fan and if he comes out at even 50%, that might be enough to deal with Kudla.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

you have issues if you feel the need to play some dudes first match back after injury leave

novicebeast
    novicebeast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Rightly spoken GoBlue77....

DR225.... Del Potro will be all the synonyms of unpredictable and unreliable in tomorrow's match up... Should probably stay on the fence and see how he does atleast until the QF or SF.....
    Remember that its always the first round matches which suck up our bankroll if not treaded carefully....

DR225

Guys I'm not saying to go all in, I'm just saying that a small play on the ML looks like value to me. The guy was a top 10 player and Kudla isn't anything special. Prior to the Pospisil comeback, he won two matches against Sakhovsky and Fognini after another lengthy injury absence. If anyone knows how to prepare for a match after an injury, it's Delpo! Even if his overall game is poor tomorrow, his serve should keep it close.

novicebeast

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    Guys I'm not saying to go all in, I'm just saying that a small play on the ML looks like value to me. The guy was a top 10 player and Kudla isn't anything special. Prior to the Pospisil comeback, he won two matches against Sakhovsky and Fognini after another lengthy injury absence. If anyone knows how to prepare for a match after an injury, it's Delpo! Even if his overall game is poor tomorrow, his serve should keep it close.
    If it's a small portion of your profit then a punt is good.... It's all upto you finally... BOL anyways... Cheers

DR225

Thanks man, BOL in your wagers too.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1310

usually 1st rounds are not good for Bankroll management

I would like to bet on Delpo too , but this is his first match after injury so will watch and fade any play here

novicebeast

I am a novice at betting... Been into it since a year now.... And I am slowly learning things that need to be done.... One of the most ridiculous things I had read once on a website though is that making a profit at tennis betting is very difficult.... I think it's a shit load of garbage... After making a good amount of silly mistakes for a year and evaporating my bankroll twice I have learned some pretty good things.... One of them is the smaller the tennis tournament the later the rounds in which you should bet.... Following this simple logic there hasn't been a week in 2016 that I haven't made a profit in tennis.... Started the year 2016 with 100 units ryt now +12 units.... It could have been a lot more if not for stupid ncaab picks though....

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by novicebeast View Post
    I am a novice at betting... Been into it since a year now.... And I am slowly learning things that need to be done.... One of the most ridiculous things I had read once on a website though is that making a profit at tennis betting is very difficult.... I think it's a shit load of garbage... After making a good amount of silly mistakes for a year and evaporating my bankroll twice I have learned some pretty good things.... One of them is the smaller the tennis tournament the later the rounds in which you should bet.... Following this simple logic there hasn't been a week in 2016 that I haven't made a profit in tennis.... Started the year 2016 with 100 units ryt now +12 units.... It could have been a lot more if not for stupid ncaab picks though....
    Post your picks then. Talk is cheap.

MGTennisTipster
    MGTennisTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

Last year Del Potro rushed his comeback, by returning in Australia in order to try to compete at the Australian Open. This time he decided not to do the same mistake and returned only when he felt he was 100% healthy. Is also important to mention, that even with physical issues he did a good run in Sydney, losing only to an inspired Kukushkin. We had a similar situation with Monaco, delayed his comeback to a tournament where he felt at 100% and we witness a great performance from Juan. No doubts that making a bet here has some part of speculation, but it seems Del Potro carefuly managed his return. If his first tournament was once again in Australia there could be some doubts, but this time there aren't much. Adding to this, Kudla has been absolutely terrible lately, with his last victory over a top 90 player in August against the always unreliable Paire.

DR225

Good post man. I think this will be his longest injury layoff though. Hopefully he has been able to practice with some good quality players to get ready for his comeback.

frugalgambler

Is JMDP coming back to lose to the likes of Kudla ?

novicebeast

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Post your picks then. Talk is cheap.
    As a matter of fact, I will be starting this week... Was a bit skeptical since having a bad start last week in Rotterdam and Memphis... But the week ended nicely... Let's see what happens....

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by novicebeast View Post
    As a matter of fact, I will be starting this week... Was a bit skeptical since having a bad start last week in Rotterdam and Memphis... But the week ended nicely... Let's see what happens....
    GL, dude.

novicebeast

Quote Originally Posted by MGTennisTipster View Post
    Last year Del Potro rushed his comeback, by returning in Australia in order to try to compete at the Australian Open. This time he decided not to do the same mistake and returned only when he felt he was 100% healthy. Is also important to mention, that even with physical issues he did a good run in Sydney, losing only to an inspired Kukushkin. We had a similar situation with Monaco, delayed his comeback to a tournament where he felt at 100% and we witness a great performance from Juan. No doubts that making a bet here has some part of speculation, but it seems Del Potro carefuly managed his return. If his first tournament was once again in Australia there could be some doubts, but this time there aren't much. Adding to this, Kudla has been absolutely terrible lately, with his last victory over a top 90 player in August against the always unreliable Paire.
    Wonderful insight that...... It looks like a perfect comeback match for Del Potro.... If he is as fit as he thinks he will streamroll past Kudla..... And tennis needs Del Potro so let's hope the tennis gods favour him this in this comeback.....

DR225 I am taking a punt on JMDP for a small amount as well.... Cheers ;-)

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Is JMDP coming back to lose to the likes of Kudla ?
    Does not look like it. Will be interesting to see how JMDP measures up to a decent tennis player, though.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Delpo is basically beating Kudla with one hand. Using mostly backhand slices.

frugalgambler

Kudla played a WTA tennis match today.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

I've seen High School players play better than Kudla tonight. Delpo basically kept it in play until Kudla missed.

Delpo did look good at times, but I doubt he'd beat a top 15-20 player just yet.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

There are some talented players out there today, but out of the top 5-10 is pretty sad. Isner at 11. Tomic at 20. Karlovic and Lopez still in the top 25. Kudla is even in the top 60 and he sucks.

GoBlue77

glad i threw him in a parlay. first easy one today. he raped the fuk out of kuala

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

"you have issues if you feel the need to play some dudes first match back after injury leave" - goblue

"
    glad i threw him in a parlay. first easy one today. he raped the fuk out of kuala" -goblue

i like you but this is too funny not to point out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, and GoBlue77

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    "you have issues if you feel the need to play some dudes first match back after injury leave" - goblue

"
    glad i threw him in a parlay. first easy one today. he raped the fuk out of kuala" -goblue

i like you but this is too funny not to point out
    i would laugh at that too/ i didnt feel i HAD to bet on him but after thinking it through it made sense. I mean he wasn't going to come back just to lose like a lot of the other scrubs on tour do.

MGtennistipster swayed me to put a whole 100 on him lol. shows my level of confidence there. but 100 to win 1700