hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Stupid Tennis is Rigged Thread

Okay, since we all know I believe my conspiracy is stupid and most likely complete nonsense I have a couple thoughts about how 'tennis might be rigged'

Does it always seem that when a great player is playing a no-name and expected to win 6-2 6-2 6-2 that the final score will end 6-2 3-6 6-4 6-4 or 4-6 6-1 6-1 6-2 ???

For example the match bentween Fed and Andreev right now has Fed break early in the first, only to be broken right back and then again in the set to lose 6-4.

Now in the 2nd set he comes out easily taking a 3-0 lead with a break chance in the 4th game and easily holding his serve again in the 5th game. I predict he will win the match

4-6 6-3 6-2 6-3 or something along those lines..

ps. I lost my U29 bet on this match.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

okay so since i never stated my 'conspiracy' I think that since everyone would have bet Fed to win 3-0 when betting "will Federer win 3-0 -- yes/no" (how could you bet against this????) it often seems that a game will be given up quite easily by the favoured player.... just saying

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

easiest sports to rig are the ones that dont require a team effort to throw the match/game

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

andreev is a good player tho.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need to know the history of things before stating stuff like this. Andreev almost beat Federer at the US Open two years ago, pushed him and should have won - this is not a surprise to anyone that he is playing Fed tough. Fixes are for Russian vs. Russian.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis has a lot of upsets. Rather it's rigged or not I don't know. I think it is in some cases.

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know about it being rigged. Certainly, it's borderline 'simple' to rig a tennis match, but that said Andreev is a solid player. He should be a seeded player, but had an injury that hampered his ranking and he's clawing his way back up.

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

every sport is sometimes i think.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

definately rigged, and you can tell which ones probably are as well, but you can never prove it

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You need to know the history of things before stating stuff like this. Andreev almost beat Federer at the US Open two years ago, pushed him and should have won - this is not a surprise to anyone that he is playing Fed tough. Fixes are for Russian vs. Russian.
    Good point - a lot of tennis newbies will do their first wagers on tennis in a major and wonder why the feds and nadals aren't rolling over everyone else...do your research first.

i had the over 29 games.

sometimes the favs will roll but it won't be every match...and fed hasn't rolled over anyone lately that I can remember...i think rochus got 4 games on him in a set lately...and that's sad.