JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Is this the biggest choke in tennis history?

Up a set against a huge underdog, with a trip to the finals to complete a calendar slam, and you lose the next 2 sets. 3rd set multiple game points on your serve only to get broken, then multiple break points that you don't convert, then you get held to love in the final game. Woah

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

she choked on my chicken doggie.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Until 1983 or so, the draws were pretty weak at the Australian Open. The remoteness of the continent relative to Europe and North America and costs of travel back then kept many of the best players in the world—like Roy Emerson and Rod Laver—away. However, in 1976, the Aussie Open still had all of Australia’s biggest tennis stars, including two-time French Open champ and two-time U.S. Open champ Ken Rosewall, as well as three-time Wimbledon champ and two-time U.S. Open champ John Newcombe. So when the No. 212 player in the world, Mark Edmondson, defeated John Newcombe en route to winning the whole tournament in 1976, that was still a pretty huge deal. And it takes the top spot on our list of the biggest upsets in the history of men’s tennis.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

To me this just proves more to me how big a role performance enhancement drugs play in this sport. Her and Halep juiced planning to play yesterday and couldn't do it again two days in a row and they were exposed. I mean look at Serena, that's not how women are built.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

This reminds me of the 1998 US Open when Rafter defeated Sampras and Philippoussis defeated Moya in the Semi Finals, resulting in two big upsets and an all-Aussie final.

In similar circumstances, two massive upsets have occurred this morning, with Italian pair Flavia Pennetta and Roberta Vinci defeating Simona Halep and Serena Williams respectively.

These upsets, combined with Melbourne Storm and West Coast winning, only means one thing. Bulldogs will upset all before them to win the 2015 premiership.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Serena is a baby. Glad she lost

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It happens she could've lost in every major this year and let's not forget her age

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

She choked, period.