Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Monfils, Sock tomorrow

Monfils +220
    Sock +7.5

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Monfils pre-tourney, but he's been flirting with disaster all tournament and I think his lackadaisical/inconsistent play will catch up with him here. Sock is an intriguing case. I might take a small flyer on the ML tomorrow. Doubtful that he will beat Nadal, but he's got the pre-requisite makeup for the kind of player who can trouble Nadal when he goes into inconsistent mode - big serve, big forehand that can Soderling the lines.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I liked Monfils pre-tourney, but he's been flirting with disaster all tournament and I think his lackadaisical/inconsistent play will catch up with him here. Sock is an intriguing case. I might take a small flyer on the ML tomorrow. Doubtful that he will beat Nadal, but he's got the pre-requisite makeup for the kind of player who can trouble Nadal when he goes into inconsistent mode - big serve, big forehand that can Soderling the lines.
    Agree on sock, big serve could trouble Nadal, the new nadal that is. Monfils just has momentum working for him imo after that crazy comeback vs Cuevas, plus he dismantled Fed a month ago, I like the odds.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You see momentum, I see emotional fatigue. You can't keep digging yourself a hole like he has and he's not going to be getting 20 break points against Federer's serve like he has against Cuevas and Schwartzman. If he comes out flat and falls behind, I don't think he's going to pull off another Houdini.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I love fed to beat Monfils. Maybe in straights or 3-1.