bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

booked my Andeeeeeee Future @ +850

from BBC tennis guy Russell Fuller:

"This was a hard-headed professional decision from Murray, after an element of indecision earlier in the week. The Italian Open is an important tournament in its own right, but with the effects of the past two weeks catching up with him, why risk undermining what has been excellent preparation for Roland Garros?"
    Love this decision to rest up for Roland Garros. He's in his best form ever on clay, Rafa is as beatable as ever on clay, and Andee seems to realize that with Feds fading, his window is open & his time is now at the age of 27.

hoping he gets at least to the semis where we'll then have a nice hedging oppo

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Has the draw even come out?

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

See, this is what you should have done about three months ago when it was @ 50 and had some value to it. At this point it's only a negative deal.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    See, this is what you should have done about three months ago when it was @ 50 and had some value to it. At this point it's only a negative deal.
    yeah I agree, I know Nadal has not been himself lately, but I could see him dialling it up a bit at the French open... I still think Murray has to avoid Djoker, Nadal, ferrer at the very least. Ferrer is worse because he will purposely wear done Murray.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

I still have +1700 available. Thoughts?

bruceBRUCEbruce

when it was @ 50 and had some value to it.
    When was that, 2011?

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    When was that, 2011?
    Jan 2015, at that point he was barely a top 20 clay player.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

lmao the player that made the SF in 2014, QF in 2013, and the SF in 2012 of the French Open is 'barely a top 20 clay player'.

his record suggests he only loses 1 extra game in every 10 compared to other surfaces...

you might as well say Federer was barely a top 20 clay player as well then.

matt1216

Lol SertySree, ok..... What were his odds at the Australian open? Or the U.S. Open befor that??? Murray mentioned his worst surface is Clay... By far.... So tell me the last time he beat Djoker, Nadal, Federer, or Ferrer in a grand slam event on clay...... That's why his odds were near or at 50...... Nobody gives a shit about a weak draw in a 1000 event. Do some research Sirty, he was @ 50 back in January...

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Lol SertySree, ok..... What were his odds at the Australian open? Or the U.S. Open befor that??? Murray mentioned his worst surface is Clay... By far.... So tell me the last time he beat Djoker, Nadal, Federer, or Ferrer in a grand slam event on clay...... That's why his odds were near or at 50...... Nobody gives a shit about a weak draw in a 1000 event. Do some research Sirty, he was @ 50 back in January...
    completely irrelevant post as always

im talking about the fact u think he was barely a top 20 clay player. if he is beating novak, nadal, and ferrer, that would make him a top 5 clay player which isn't wat im talking about. also i didnt even say a thing about him not being @50 or whatever odds so dont see y u brought that up

matt1216

Ok, Sertee, Sree look it up, Murray up until March of 2015 had 1 win vs TOP 10 players over the Past 10 years lmao(Davydenko 2009) so your telling me he was a top 20 or better Clay player? Dude there's at least 20 clay players over the past 10 years that have more than one win vs the Top 10 over the past 10 years..... Actually I willing to bet atleast 30 guys... What does that tell you?? Lol.. I just provided you with the stats.... Not even a top 20 clay player..... Now, he has turned it around. Why do you even argue, you still butthurt? I wouldn't blame you

SirtySree

butthurt for wat lmao

he as well as fed and bunch of other top players dont play much clay court matches apart from the french open and the few masters 1000 events leading up to it. they use it just to build up for the french open so results outside the open is pretty irrelevant for these guys.

please list ur top 20 clay players just to give everyone here a laugh

matt1216

Yup your butthurt, it's funny because I couldn't care less what you post anywhere really, but you always seem to troll/post something stupid when I post..... Hmmm that could only mean one thing really..... I'm not going to waste my time listing players for the fact of just proving what everybody else already knows... I could post useless shit all night and you will come in a have some sort of negetive comment. Pretty pathetic actually. Have a good night, I'll be waiting for your next negetive reply

SirtySree

Yup your butthurt, it's funny because I couldn't care less what you post anywhere really, but you always seem to troll/post something stupid when I post..... Hmmm that could only mean one thing really..... I'm not going to waste my time listing players for the fact of just proving what everybody else already knows... I could post useless shit all night and you will come in a have some sort of negetive comment. Pretty pathetic actually. Have a good night, I'll be waiting for your next negetive reply
    *insert negative reply here*

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always want to see the draw first. That's just me. I think this is a poor future given that I believe Murray will be in Djokovic's half of the draw. So the hedge opportunity you're thinking of for the semis might not be that great if that is the match-up.

There are going to be plenty of different potential match-ups here vs. past years because of the shuffle in the rankings, so I do think seeing the draw is an attractive option.

I still think looking at players "to win their quarter" are better futures in this day & age. People normally skip over these for the bigger outright to win odds, but there are usually far better deals IMO on the quarter odds.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnnyRudeboy

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    When was that, 2011?
    At the start of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRudeboy View Post
    It's almost 200% value (presuming that the market is correct @ +1050), so you should be maxxx betting that shit right now and lay it on Betfair for a 100% profit.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

It's almost 200% value (presuming that the market is correct @ +1050), so you should be maxxx betting that shit right now and lay it on Betfair for a 100% profit.

Hardcoar

Now would be the time to queue the old-fashioned American-Piglet successful-gambler saying "it's a free money lock"...

bruceBRUCEbruce

Jan 2015, at that point he was barely a top 20 clay player.
    um, yeah, right...
    I'm not one to book a future 5 months in advance

bang it!
    Last edited by bruceBRUCEbruce; 05-15-15 at 08:28 AM.

Hardcoar

That is very understandable, but it is irrelevant to my argument which is the value of your bet compared over recent times.

I wish you the very best of luck, and a lovely weekend regardless!

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

My other local actually has +1800 available...

bruceBRUCEbruce

That is very understandable, but it is irrelevant to my argument which is the value of your bet compared over recent times.

I wish you the very best of luck, and a lovely weekend regardless!
    same to you re: the weekend

I personally would not have booked this one without seeing andeees recent form on clay combined with several other factors

My other local actually has +1800 available...
    jeez
    what does he/she/it have Rafa at?

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

waste of money betting anybody but novak

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop

Book 1 has Rafa -110, Novak -150, Murray +1800. Grabbed a half unit of Andy here.

Book 2 has Rafa -125, Novak +150 (still) and Murray +1700. Grabbed 2 units of Novak a while back here.