kdawgy
    kdawgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Brisbane Matchups

Matchups and thoughts for the remainder of the second round:

Kukushkin vs Raonic
    Raonic a big favorite here and rightfully so. Kukushkin is on his best surface, but the only way I see him making a statement here is if Raonic just shoots himself in the foot.

Kubot vs Groth
    Both players made big statements in the first round with Kubot taking down Kevin Anderson and Groth knocking out another hometown favorite Leyton Hewitt. By the numbers I think Groth should be a little bit more of a favorite than he is and that would be my play here if I decide to make one.

Nieminen vs Duckworth
    Interesting matchup here. Nieminen is the slight favorite against Duckworth. Who is coming off a huge win, in his home country. The numbers all say Nieminen, but I like the Aussie here after such a dominating first round performance. I'll take Duckworth on the ML at 2.25.

Federer vs Millman
    Not much to say here. Federer should cleanup if he brings his A-game. Don't see any value in betting the favorite here though at such long odds against a local player coming off a win. NO PLAY

kdawgy

Locked in Groth ML and Duckworth ML

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Nieminem -2.0 games.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Federer v Millman under 18.5 games at $2.62 w Pinny.

kdawgy

Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy View Post
    Locked in Groth ML and Duckworth ML
    Both players split sets but I felt like Groth was in control of his match despite dropping the second set tiebreaker. Duckworth on the other hand kind of lucked in to a third set and then was finally able to pick up his level of play with a little home crowd encouragment.

I'll take two W's with no complaints though!