kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Why is Federer @2.50 can someone explain?

I am lost on this one

Bogdan C.
    Bogdan C.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookies know better. Anyway, there is some value on Federer i think but not sure.

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised as well.Federer should be in the 1.80 range in my opinion.But,i guess bookies know better than me.Anyways i'll be backing Fed tomorrow.

Spinny
    Spinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Also on fed, too many think his old and washed up lol which would reflect in the line. Plus also the fact that his ranked lower now

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Antepost betting is another factor, bookmakers can't get price profiles out of their minds.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Both players will want this badly. Fed as it may be his last GS final. Djok because he has lost his past few GS finals.

Really tough to call, but going to go with heart over head: Allez Roger!

Spinny

I agree very hard to pick however I think grass suits Fed a tad more

AimePor
    AimePor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Know Fed is good on grass but i guess this time the bookmakers know better and i am also for Djokovic

Xis
    Xis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I think this is pretty much a 50/50 match or more like 55/45 to Federer so from betting point of view Fed is an easy pick, the value is on him.

Grass is Djokovic's weakest surface and Fed's best surface and he beat Djoker pretty easily here in 2012. Even when Djoker was at his absolute best in 2011 Fed beat him at the French (when Djoker had been dominant on clay) and was up two sets at the USO (Djoker's best surface). Federer's always been by far the better grass courter of the two and he's looked sharp here whereas Djokovic has looked uncomfortable and struggled against Stepanek, Cilic and Dimitrov.

I have 10 units (peanuts) @2.50 on Federer

Spinny

fed likes playing him, he hates nadal. They are attracting money on joker imo

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by sbavi View Post
    I'm surprised as well.Federer should be in the 1.80 range in my opinion.But,i guess bookies know better than me.Anyways i'll be backing Fed tomorrow.
    1.80 lol

matt1216

Everybody here like Fed,,, might want to wake up a bit. No doubt Feds on his best surface but he pretty much got here by default. Raonic put up the worst showing of his entire career. Djokovic beat a Dmitrov who was on fire, and is pretty much a replica of Federer's game. Djokovic will be ready on the return game, where as federer hasn't had the practice due to the lack of talent he has faced here. Fed to take a set but Djoker will win.. I don't know what people are smoking in here, more like a 60/40 match. The books know this. They toss out a line like 2.50 knowing very well that there fishing.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Everybody here like Fed,,, might want to wake up a bit. No doubt Feds on his best surface but he pretty much got here by default. Raonic put up the worst showing of his entire career. Djokovic beat a Dmitrov who was on fire, and is pretty much a replica of Federer's game. Djokovic will be ready on the return game, where as federer hasn't had the practice due to the lack of talent he has faced here. Fed to take a set but Djoker will win.. I don't know what people are smoking in here, more like a 60/40 match. The books know this. They toss out a line like 2.50 knowing very well that there fishing.
    What do you think of Fed Over 3' + Bryans -450 @ 1.7?

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Never really understood why ppl compare Fed with Dimi. Yea both have a big single handed backhand but the rest of their game are different. U might as well call every one handed backhand players Federer if thats the case.

As for Fed not having practice or watever nonsense, he already bet Novak earlier this year by going thru scrubs first.

Anyone who is super confident backing either player here is kidding themselves but the thing is someone has to win and there will be a bunch of self-proclaimed tennis gurus after this match.

kenz

matt Federer and Dimi has nothing to do with each other except one is called baby Fed.

Fed's serve + confidence + BHs + FHs + net approaching + opponent's fear of him on grass tenfolds Dimi's

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan C. View Post
    Bookies know better. Anyway, there is some value on Federer i think but not sure.
    Dude. If they knew everything, they would not be offering Kvitova 2-0 @+190. My guess is that lots of punters are backing Djoker because he is higher-ranked and Feds is getting long in the tooth.

kenz

I remember 2012 Wimbledon Fed was a class above. Federer was @3

Now the margin seems to be even less between them on grass as Federer plays great and Novak not so good +we have a grass example in 2012. I see many people are also confused but would like an explanation more than "bookies should know/know better". What exactly makes Novak @1.60 on grass against Federer, if thats not a trap or Novak being number #1 or antepost prices? My fav before this game is Federer, a lot better player on grass, and I was expecting @1.90 on Federer

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Never really understood why ppl compare Fed with Dimi. Yea both have a big single handed backhand but the rest of their game are different. U might as well call every one handed backhand players Federer if thats the case.

As for Fed not having practice or watever nonsense, he already bet Novak earlier this year by going thru scrubs first.

Anyone who is super confident backing either player here is kidding themselves but the thing is someone has to win and there will be a bunch of self-proclaimed tennis gurus after this match.
    Why? If the books honestly thought Federer was going to win they wouldn't have opened around 2.50 odds. It would have been closer to 2.00 to get big money on Djoker. Djoker won destroy Fed but it should be done in 4 sets or less.

Fed beat Djoker this year? Lol yup he also blew a 1 set least and lost to djoker. Both matches djoker was out of form. I can't even believe your comparing djoker from the beginning of the year to now.... You know he's gonna be pissed that he hasn't won a slam title in awhile now. Plus if djoker wins this he becomes #1... This is probably my most confident pick this year.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    I remember 2012 Wimbledon Fed was a class above. Federer was @3

Now the margin seems to be even less between them on grass as Federer plays great and Novak not so good +we have a grass example in 2012. I see many people are also confused but would like an explanation more than "bookies should know/know better". What exactly makes Novak @1.60 on grass against Federer?
    I'm telling you dude, there preparing for a djoker win.. Djoker should be around 1.75

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

1.80 lol
    Yes,i really feel Fed should be around 1.80 here.We'll see how things turn out tomorrow.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    What do you think of Fed Over 3' + Bryans -450 @ 1.7?
    Yup, I did say I like Fed to win a set, heck possibly two. I just don't think Fed is clutch enough to win 3 sets off djoker anymore.

I wouldn't touch the bryan brothers today. Pospisil/sock or no play

kenz

Yeah Djoker might win as prices look trappy. But why? Fed looks like an obvious play even before the prices and now it is more tempting. But there should be something I am missing. What exactly is it?

matt1216

Yeah Djoker might win as prices look trappy. But why? Fed looks like an obvious play even before the prices and now it is more tempting. But there should be something I am missing. What exactly is it?
    The price, books are trolling. Like they just did with Bouchard.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Fed has looked better this week.

Joker has shown in the past that he can look crappy and then pull great tennis out of a hat.

If both players are able to play at their best who wins the match? I would say Joker would. That is my thought on the pricing. If Joker had been playing well all week he would be at @1.50 odds.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think about it, Novak has been favourite of every grand slam since Wimbledon 2013 and he won none of them, lol

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    Think about it, Novak has been favourite of every grand slam since Wimbledon 2013 and he won none of them, lol
    Has he now?

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Has he now?
    it's time for him to win one definitely, he's stuck at 6 ...a while ago i thought he could win 12 before he retires, he still can but time is running out

Hardcoar

Has he been favorite for every grand slam since then, now?

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Seems too easy to take novak then again people dikk ride Federror like no other

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Aussie Open yes, French yes, US Open yes, Wimbledon yes. Upcoming US Open yes and even next year's Aussie Open is already up at Sportsbet and yes he's the favourite there too http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/...ustralian-open

tipsadontlikehim

he was fav of wimbledon 2013 + US open + AO 14 and even the FO and yes he was favourite of Wimbledon this year again.

thanks shari, i'm not surprised he's the fav of the US open

Hardcoar

Oh that's right... he actually (ridiculously) was the favorite of FO. I love how he was actually the underdog.

All credit to you though!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Oh that's right... he actually (ridiculously) was the favorite of FO. I love how he was actually the underdog.

All credit to you though!
    Well to be fair I know Betfair (who I look to the most as punters create the markets) were basing a lot off of him beating Nadal in Rome right before. But then he ends up as the dog in the Final so that just shows how much the market rates Nadal if he gets to a clay Final. I'll never see Nadal as anything but the fave at that point. Don't care who he's playing, what happened beforehand. If he's in a clay final, he's my favourite. If I can get + odds on him, all the better. At least if I lose I didn't eat chalk although I don't tend to bet finals anyway.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fed should be -120

Joker was played even in semis, anyone could of won that match

FED has toyed with everyone

The only thing going against Fed is the tight factor, he could choke

Joker does not choke

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Very stable market here, it's barely moved since opening. Pinnacle limits up to $100k.

Slam finals the last ten years: favourites have won 34 of 42, for +13.5% RoI.

12 Last